Advise Required: Touchscreen Unit For Maruti Baleno Delta (Want To Use Stock USB Port)

Thread Starter #1
Hi

I'm planning to replace and install Touchscreen unit for Baleno Delta with Android Auto. But When I checked with Nexa dealer they are telling me that I need to use USB cable through glove box and it seems they cannot use stock USB port in Baleno. Also whenever I connect USB cable with my phone Glove box has to be kept open as we cannot close glove box with cable coming out

This is really silly and I want to use stock usb port

Could anyone please advise if there is any way to use stock usb port for custom head unit? Did anyone in this forum tried this?

Appreciate your suggestions

Thanks
Visaka

Hi

I'm planning to replace and install Touchscreen unit for Baleno Delta with Android Auto. But When I checked with Nexa dealer they are telling me that I need to use USB cable through glove box and it seems they cannot use stock USB port in Baleno. Also whenever I connect USB cable with my phone Glove box has to be kept open as we cannot close glove box with cable coming out

This is really silly and I want to use stock usb port

Could anyone please advise if there is any way to use stock usb port for custom head unit? Did anyone in this forum tried this?

Appreciate your suggestions

Thanks
Visaka
Thats a very strange advice by Nexa dealers.
Have you researched about the same in the after-market accessories shop. I am sure there is going to be a simpler way to install an Android HU in a Baleno

Thread Starter #3
Thats a very strange advice by Nexa dealers.
Have you researched about the same in the after-market accessories shop. I am sure there is going to be a simpler way to install an Android HU in a Baleno
I need to check with after market shop but NEXA people told me that if I do aftermarket installation then there are high chances that warranty will get void as they may tamper some wires

I need to check with after market shop but NEXA people told me that if I do aftermarket installation then there are high chances that warranty will get void as they may tamper some wires
Trust me, No original wirings are tampered or cut in the aftermarket fittings.
This is the common excuse to scare people from buying accessorises from the market.
Accessorises margin adds a big amount to the overall profits of the dealer, so this is the marketing trick.
I have installed aftermarket high end music system installed in my present and previous cars and never faced any issues. click here to check my current ICE upgrade

Get a Andriod Head Unit specific for the Suzuki Baleno from Aliexpress or Banggood or Gearbest. Its a super easy plug and play. Very easy DIY. Or Any 2 Din Andriod headunit with Suzuki Radio wiring harness adapter. That way, you will also need the Baleno 2 Din fascia.
Or in case if you want a Branded Touchscreen headunit with Andriod Auto support, get the Sony XAV-AX5000 or the Blaupunkt Monte Carlo 750.
Don't go for any head unit with a Resistive touchscreen, trust me, it will really be very irritating soon.
And for installation, you will need the harness adapter and the fascia

Thread Starter #6
Trust me, No original wirings are tampered or cut in the aftermarket fittings.
This is the common excuse to scare people from buying accessorises from the market.
Accessorises margin adds a big amount to the overall profits of the dealer, so this is the marketing trick.
I have installed aftermarket high end music system installed in my present and previous cars and never faced any issues. click here to check my current ICE upgrade
Thanks for the input. let me try

Get a Andriod Head Unit specific for the Suzuki Baleno from Aliexpress or Banggood or Gearbest. Its a super easy plug and play. Very easy DIY. Or Any 2 Din Andriod headunit with Suzuki Radio wiring harness adapter. That way, you will also need the Baleno 2 Din fascia.
Or in case if you want a Branded Touchscreen headunit with Andriod Auto support, get the Sony XAV-AX5000 or the Blaupunkt Monte Carlo 750.
Don't go for any head unit with a Resistive touchscreen, trust me, it will really be very irritating soon.
And for installation, you will need the harness adapter and the fascia
Thanks for the input. Even I like XAV-AX5000 but my only concern is USB cable. I don't want USB cable to be left hanging inside Glove box. Is there any other way to use USB cable?

Thanks for the input. let me try

Thanks for the input. Even I like XAV-AX5000 but my only concern is USB cable. I don't want USB cable to be left hanging inside Glove box. Is there any other way to use USB cable?
You need to check the connector of the original usb port om the Head unit of the Baleno. I think, there is a blank connector on Android Head Units for the Original Usb port

Here is a link to one Android Head Unit
974420058-623889798.jpg

There are two blank ports which can connect to the original usb port I guess

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
You need to check the connector of the original usb port om the Head unit of the Baleno. I think, there is a blank connector on Android Head Units for the Original Usb port

Here is a link to one
There are two blank ports which can connect to the original usb port I guess
Thanks for sharing the info. Will look into it

Top Bottom