Advice On Component Speakers

In 4000, your best best would be JBL 608C. They have enough thump to be run without an amp. The XO have setting for treble control of 0db for a bit brighter sound and -6db for laid back sound. The drivers are solidly built and give enough bass. Moreover since you are not running an amp, so run the 608C on full range rather than HPFing them. This would churn out even more bass.

One suggestion though. Install components in front doors and not anywhere in rear (rear doors/tray) for best sound stage.

freakdude.
I am actually planning to get a 4 channel amplifier. and JBL 608C is a older model and now the JBL website has 609C which is supposed to be the latest. Any reviews on these components.? And also the main reason for me not opting for subwoofer is that i dont want huge sound or thump effect to be heard outside the car. Is there a way to adjust the Sub Woofer level so that the thumping effect sound from the Sub in not heard to a large extent outside?

I am actually planning to get a 4 channel amplifier. and JBL 608C is a older model and now the JBL website has 609C which is supposed to be the latest. Any reviews on these components.? And also the main reason for me not opting for subwoofer is that i dont want huge sound or thump effect to be heard outside the car. Is there a way to adjust the Sub Woofer level so that the thumping effect sound from the Sub in not heard to a large extent outside?
609C are a bit brighter than 608C. Still your choice, hear them both and then decide. Regarding your apprehensions on a sub, yes, it is for bass but you can select a SQ oriented sub and tune the amp on lower gains. I would suggest a RF prime R1 sub paired with kenny 846 amp.

freakdude.

Top Bottom