Advice on a New Diesel Hatchback. Which One?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
you mentioned that your budget is 6,00,000rs
then i'll suggest swift vdi ( 6,40,000)

but it has a 6 months waiting. are you willing to wait ?

Thread Starter #32
6 months is just to SAY...my friends hav been waiting for 8 or 9 months.....they still havnt got the car...So Disappointing...Swift is such an over-rated car...
Also considering a few new cars coming in May...do u know any??

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i don't have any idea on upcoming cars.
if you have sources you can get it within 10 days [;)]

2 months ago , i was going for swift vdi , but i20 is way much better than swift , more spacious , looks better than swift , better engine.

but i20 will be expensive.

i dont know if anyone asked this but what will be your daily \ yearly commute ?

Thread Starter #36
How i see things:
I drive a Chevy Beat:
2yrs ......Driven 29000kms....aprroximate average 15/kmpl
makes around 2000lts of Petrol or say 2500lts to b on the safe side...
2500 x 70(average price of Petrol) - Rs.175000/- (Money spent on Petrol)

Diesel:
2yrs....Driven 29000kms...average 20kmpl
makes around 1450lts of Diesel...or say 2200lts of Diesel to b on the safe side
2200 x 40(average price of Diesel) - Rs. 88000/- (Money spent on Diesel)

Difference : Rs. 175000 - 88000 = Rs.87000/-...Nearly two more Years of Diesel
or Can Say the Difference Spent on a Diesel Vehicle could b covered in 2 yrs of purchase

Wat u say???

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Good to know that you calculated this.

so i assume yearly average of yours is 15000km per year , that is more than a 1000km per month , around 40kms\ day..

You can't get 20kmpl in city with diesel :D and 15kmpl in your beat[surprise]
and please increase the average rate of diesel to 45 :P

and the difference you get is 87000 , so its one year of diesel money.

but tell me do you really get 15kmpl..?? cant believe it.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
look how i calculated mine when i was confused between verna diesel and verna petrol.

petrol price - 70
diesel price - 45
kms to be covered in one year - 10000kms

diesel average - 16
petrol average - 12

petrol's cost - 60000
diesel cost - 30000

difference 30000rs.
i was paying additional 1,50,000 for the diesel.
so my money would have been covered in 5 years, so thats why got the petrol.

i know your case is totally different but still if your daily commute is not more than 60 , you should stick with petrol.
diesel maintenance is high compared to petrol's.

ok i'll recalcuate your's by changing numbers.

petrol price - 70
diesel price - 45

petrol average - 12
diesel average - 16
total kms - 15000

petrol's cost - 87500 , lets say 100000
diesel cost - 42000 , lets say 50000 , considering extra usage and maintenance.

and how much you will pay extra for the diesel ?
for i20 and swift , difference is 1,20,000 and i'm assuming you will take loan , so make it 1,50,000

you will spend 1,50,000 extra on a diesel.

so your money will be covered after 3 years.

I was also in dilemma what kind of car to choose in hatchback. I compared many cars like Swift, Punto, i20, Polo and Ford Figo. Out of these I could able to short list Polo and i20. Both are little costly than other cars mentioned. i20 met my most of the criteria (even though it may not be best on all criterias). So, if you can extend your little budget you may consider i20 as well. I won't consider it is expensive but the kind of feature and comfort it provides it is worth to consider. (Here, I am not seeling i20 because I booked it but want to throw some lights on why I chose it and it may help you as well). When we want to keep car for long, it is always by better cars than adjusting with your current budget. To specify, I started my hunt with Ritz and ended up in i20.
Good luck with your car hunt :)

Thread Starter #40
Thanx for ur part of Calculation as well....The only reason is that i still have to avoid alot of going out...like Holidays etc...just coz it costs too much if i take my car...if i do go for a diesel car...my average run will be something around 60 - 70 kms per day.....

Which i think makes a difference...

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
yes if your daily usage will be 60-70 then worry no more , go for the diesel [:)]

so how many persons will be sitting in your car ? i think then you should go for the i20 era because swift's waiting is very high , and you can easily get i20 within 2 months.

Hi there
I also thought to go for the Vista Vx as it seemed a good VFM car but with TATA..
they hav a saying....Jawaani bohat achhi Budappa bohat bura....Tata cars run really well for the first 2 to 3 years & then the real problem begins...
The conclusion hav come to,
1) Toyota Liva
2) Ford Figo
3) Vista Vx
4) Swift vdi (if i extend my Budget)

Wat u Say??
[drive]

As you have mentioned LIVA D, but in 6L i dont think so you'll get LIVA D. Not even base model.
Ford Figo: a good product but spares a bit costly than Tata and Maruti.
Vista Vs: On road delhi is around 6.3L with discounts it might cost you around 6L oTR Delhi.
RitzD: a very good option, as engine is same and has no waiting period. But you'll get LDi version in 6L OTR Delhi.
So choice is yours.

My pick still is Vista Ls (ABS+EBD, Music system, power adjustable mirrors) and alots of space. SPares are cheap.

I used to own TATA Indigo LS 2005 (BS II) and i run it for around 1.25L. Apart from general wear and tear no other expenditure. SO, these are new TATA products and new Vista is 3rd generation vista (1st was in 2008, 2nd was with drivetech4 gear box) and now 3rd gen with styling and interiros cues from Manza.

So overall its a VFM in that price bracket.
Second is Figo
Third is RitzD

My pick still is Vista Ls (ABS+EBD, Music system, power adjustable mirrors) and alots of space. SPares are cheap.

I used to own TATA Indigo LS 2005 (BS II) and i run it for around 1.25L. Apart from general wear and tear no other expenditure. SO, these are new TATA products and new Vista is 3rd generation vista (1st was in 2008, 2nd was with drivetech4 gear box) and now 3rd gen with styling and interiros cues from Manza.

So overall its a VFM in that price bracket.
Second is Figo
Third is RitzD
+1

Vista is the best option in that price range. Believe me it won't disappoint you. I am already enjoying my arranged marriage with the Vista VX.

Why do I say arranged marriage? I did not love/hate it earlier but chose the car with a very practical mindset and now I have started loving her big time!

As it happens in arranged marriages, you marry first and then fall (rise) in love.

My suggestion to you is figo and Chevy beat .
and most IMp since you are a 6 footer you need to go and test all the cars every 1 has suggested you and see which car is more comfortable for you . The cars which offer you best comfort and driving position select them and post here then all can suggest you with more clarity .

Top Bottom