Advice on a New Diesel Hatchback. Which One?

Punto could b considered as well
I would not recommend you punto because I own one.

it has bad Ass,cramped rear seats, messed up ergonomics,sluggish performance,not so good interior finish and less fuel efficient comparitively.

But if you ask me which car will I buy next if I need to ,my answer would be Punto.!![drive]

Re: Advice on a new Diesel Hatch...???Which one?

My Height is 6' 1"
Then you can consider ritz(who will get a facelift soon),figo and other diesel hatches too like punto,liva,polo..

Have you thought about Toyota Liva?

I suggest you do TD beat diesel,and other diesel hatches too so that you don't regret later!,but I think you will dissappointed,reason is some tall people find that they brush their knees with the ac knob(I heard it happens in cruze too) and then comes the under thigh support.

Last edited:
My vote goes for Maruti Ritz, cheaper to maintain and own supported by vast ASS which other manufacturers can only dream off.

Fiat 1.3 multijet is a proven engine and known for its amazing fuel efficiency which generally gives above 20kmpl fill it forget it types.

I will say go for the Ritz in that segment as you its a maruti so ASS will not be a problem and is a VFM. One of cousin bought Ritz 4 months back and he is really loving his car. He was confused between the Figo and Ritz but he TD both the cars and went with Ritz.

Good Space, Efficiency and Handling within 6 lacs. Go for a Toyota Liva D4D G.
It's very cheap to maintain too. Space is better than any other hatchback.

Diesel hatch back bindas go for maruti swift if u have speed and power desire.
Else settle down for etios for unmatched quality and service.
quality not in term of interiors mind it [:D]

test drive Ford Figo TDCI titanium , Maruti Ritz(soon to get a facelift), Chevy Beat Diesel,
Fiat Punto, Hyundai I20 ,Toyota Liva diesel all back to back.
After driving all the above select the one which fits your budget and your requirements.
My vote goes for Ford Figo Titanium.[;)]

Thread Starter #24
Good Space, Efficiency and Handling within 6 lacs. Go for a Toyota Liva D4D G.
It's very cheap to maintain too. Space is better than any other hatchback.
I ve driven Liva recently...not a Bad Car at all but if you drive Ritz or micra after driving Liva....you feel a major difference...

I would not recommend you punto because I own one.

it has bad Ass,cramped rear seats, messed up ergonomics,sluggish performance,not so good interior finish and less fuel efficient comparitively.

But if you ask me which car will I buy next if I need to ,my answer would be Punto.!![drive]
+1 to Jayadev

Go for Punto...it's a awesome car in it's segment.

As i said earlier, Figo suits you well. But, Punto 1.3 is a very good option. the ride and handling is simply superb.Remember Fiat will improve their A.S.S. over this year. So, don't get worried by that matter. TD both of them and decide.

Consider Punto 1.3 Active.

Donot look for ABS ........ these are all extra ....... not needed for a car drive!
Are you serious buddy?

You are considering ABS as just another "extra"?! Dont you know the importance of ABS & Airbags?

I can understand if someone buys the lower variants as other variants are out of budget but please dont rubbish off these essential safety equipment like this.

Are you serious buddy?

You are considering ABS as just another "extra"?! Dont you know the importance of ABS & Airbags?

I can understand if someone buys the lower variants as other variants are out of budget but please dont rubbish off these essential safety equipment like this.
+1.

Basis, I suggest driving a non-ABS car on highway for good 50-60 km and then shift to car with ABS and drive about 50-60 km to understand the difference hands on.

Generally it should not be required to do all of the above to understand the importance of the safety feature like ABS; however, sometimes we need to!!

If not more, the exercise will at least brainstorm about the concept and importance of ABS.

Hi Jazd,
My personal pic in order of preference starting with best VFM

1.) Tata Vista vx (has ABS+EBD, Music system, best AC, Space, Good ASS, Pick up, decent gear box, rear bench comfort and this on road comes at around 6L in Delhi. Not sure after price hike.

2.) Swift (D): A bit costly than Vista as 6.02L for Ldi which has nothing in terms of safety, and equipments. But a great Car.

3.) Fogo TDCi: True VFM but a bit heavy on pocket in maintainence (yes Ford parts are still costly than Tata and Maruti.

4.) Ritz D: You'll only get Ldi in 6L OTR Delhi but for a 6.1" headroom is good.

5.) Punto D: A very good car infact a drivers car like swift but due to its sheer weight it feels sluggish and has an average ASS.

6.) Beat D: A good car but only for city commuting as on highways and hills it feels underpowered and suspession in not so good.

So go and choose one....

Thread Starter #30
Hi there
I also thought to go for the Vista Vx as it seemed a good VFM car but with TATA..
they hav a saying....Jawaani bohat achhi Budappa bohat bura....Tata cars run really well for the first 2 to 3 years & then the real problem begins...
The conclusion hav come to,
1) Toyota Liva
2) Ford Figo
3) Vista Vx
4) Swift vdi (if i extend my Budget)

Wat u Say??
[drive]

Top Bottom