Advice On a Diesel Hatchback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #47
Phew! the confusion started . so soon..

Yes we have sold the oldest zen carb version.

And in its slot a hatch.

People very particular that it should be a brand NEW

Though i like figo , dad and his brother are worried about the service -hold on , after 3 to 4 years.

So presntly we have zeroed on maruti.

Even if the waiting time of swift is 3 months we are ready for that.!

From monday td of cars!
-----------Next Post-----------
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...20-2011-suzuki-swift-latest-spy-photos-4.html

seeing this thread , one simple question
should i wait! if its just exteriors means i'll do it myself

Last edited:
If you wish to go for Swift, then waiting for the new version is wise. The spy pics depict that it wont be just a facelift but a new gen. So wait for the launch of the new car. If you like it then its good, otherwise go for the old model(current one) which would then be loaded with discounts. Both the ways, you wont be at loss.

Hey Ilango the basic exterior design seems to be the same but look at the engine options below the video , that is what is interesting!!

Thread Starter #51
Blue eyed boy , he drinks petrol na.

we need a diesel hatch. as i am having a petrol lancer.

I am a INDIAN , so a diesel in a family is must according to people here.

Franchiser's friend is taking delivery of polo diesel today evening , will take that reports too in account . The car will be bought in 3 months time.

Thread Starter #53
Saw the blue eyed boy at the maruti dealer yesterday

the swift vdi waiting time is 4 months.
the dezire ldi waiting time is 5.5 months(asked this as its 55K more than vdi swift)

came to ford again

Figo , diesel exi(almost equivalent to swift vdi features) waiting time is 1 month.

swift vdi onroad price- 550000/-
figo exi diesel on road is 495000/

polo trendline diesel is 585000/-

Thread Starter #56
This car is like a 2nd car to me. i have a own one hehe

dad , his bro will drive this. Mostly his bro as dad have lost interest in driving these days.

Both are afraid of fiat service - what to do if tata stops servicing.

Same question they ask in every showroom - and they get the same reply. Dont worry with a son in this field. (in ford abt service)

I love fiat for its build and quality.

Polo diesel i felt sluggish , almost like figo . best one was swift.

Sluggish in sense almost negligible.

the blue boy at the maruti yard
-----------Next Post-----------
[evil]
the vxi comes with skirts.

the one in which uncle stands in middle . i clicked it when the field was clear , but the damn mobile cam took after 5 sec[frustration]

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Ilango, What are your top 5 requirements? Are they still AC and Power Steering only, like you stated before. If yes, Then my choice will be a little different from what I suggested earlier, Since the Polo is now available in diesel version, I'd like to replace the Ritz with it in my suggestion list. If rear space and little more price isn't an issue, then you must look at Polo otherwise Fiat Punto, The Figo is a good car as well but best if you're in strictly packed budget. I know you've almost made mind for Figo and I don't want to confuse you further more, But it would be better to extensively test all three cars before finalizing.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #59
Tata has equal stake/investment (money) in Fiat India. In a sense, Fiat is half Tata.
Even if they are not i can source the spares.

I help lot of uno customers here.

And vibhor ,

top priority are ac and power steering .
and when comparing the car , mainly we look for service , boot space .

Ladies in the family dont like the swift look - very strange
they like the looks of figo.

Swift was in first place - as it is from maruti.

still now the head of the family are afraid of ford.(a relative had a 1.8 ikon and he made a bad report , another one with a fiesta said its a good car , but service bills are high sometimes .)

For any car , i can source the spares , dont ask abt Benz then[evil]

And looking closely at the ritz at the maruti , they didnt even like it

BUdget is stickt around 5L . i mean it can extend a max of 40000/-

i plan the figo as almost half the waiting time of swift. some 2 colour is readily available though. (i have sources to get swift with in 15 days max , prefer not to use them now. even the ford manager said he can arrange a swift in a week for a 7 to 10K premium.)

its near 40000 cheaper than the swift.

And from my birth we have owned only maruti's and now a couple of tata . so let me try at ford.

Polo is also considered , let me td it again with everyone here.

other guests who look at the thread note this one

Regarding the performance - swift is best.

350Z

Core Team
I suggested Polo mainly due to its rich and up-market feel but fingers crossed when it comes to after sales support. The Fiat Punto is one you should consider and if worry is about Tata-Fiat, then see, They aren't small player which won't have any servicing or after sales support available, Even in case their tie-up breaks, Infact it will only and improve and there will be certainly one option or another. Else, From the requirements you've told now (Highlighted After Sales) then no questions further than Maruti (Ritz) but that is a different issue whether you like its looks or not.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom