Advice for Speakers For Alto

Thread Starter #1
I am a noob when it comes to ICE. Just recently One of the front speakers of my Alto went Kaput. It being a Sony, i was too happy since i got a chance to upgrade to a better brand.
SO i am looking for a set of new speakers. I am not an audiophile, so i just want suggestion for some good speakers which can fit in the slots on the Alto's dash and have decent SQ, atleast better than SONY.
Also please dont ask me about mu ICE since i am unaware of the model(I asked my dealer to fit in any system which sounds decent, and he installed the crappy SONY[frustration]).

NOTE: Please dont use techy ICE words, :stupid:when it comes to ICE!

Last edited:
does any1 know of SoundBlaster HU, costs you 3.5k and comes with Card Slot, USB, AUX, CD, FM, 1000w and a 6months warranty, is it worth buying it,

@ akash :- sorry, mine's a alto as well, and m as well makin up my mind for upgrade.

Thread Starter #3
does any1 know of SoundBlaster HU, costs you 3.5k and comes with Card Slot, USB, AUX, CD, FM, 1000w and a 6months warranty, is it worth buying it,

@ akash :- sorry, mine's a alto as well, and m as well makin up my mind for upgrade.
I havent heard of this brand. BTW what speakers do you have in the front?

Okay Akash , your budget? Do you have the budget to go for component speakers with an amp? But then i think your HU will be a very basic one which will not be able to power amps.

Time for a complete change i guess![evil]

Thread Starter #5
Okay Akash , your budget? Do you have the budget to go for component speakers with an amp? But then i think your HU will be a very basic one which will not be able to power amps.

Budget! I havent decided yet. But i am not willing to spend much, i just want to replace my SONY speakers with some good ones. No amplifier, woofer and all. It should be able to give a decent SQ.

No way i am going to spend a fortune on ICE. I would rather go for some exterior mods which my ride badly needs.

I think there are some models in Pioneer to suit your needs.

Just wait for Raj and Ilango to pour in their suggestions.

dont go for that type of HU if you are low on budget or dont want to spend much on HU then go for grey, a pioneer 2250 cost aprox.4.8k it has usb.and its good for low budget ice without amp and sub.
-----------Next Post-----------
Budget! I havent decided yet. But i am not willing to spend much, i just want to replace my SONY speakers with some good ones. No amplifier, woofer and all. It should be able to give a decent SQ.

No way i am going to spend a fortune on ICE. I would rather go for some exterior mods which my ride badly needs.
you can go for JBL GT5-S204 its good VFM speakers.they cost aprox 1.2k with bill.

Last edited:
Will they fit in the slot which is quite small in Alto?
What a co-incidence,I too busted one of my front speakers, It too is a Sony.

I tried playing Salt Shaker by the Ying Yang Twins at high volume and then Kaput went the Sony.

I want to get a pair of JBLs and I am looking to get the JBL GT5-S204. They can handle loud volumes without jittering and yes like cooladitya said it will fit in the dashboard slots without any issues. I think the price they've officially posted on the JBL India site is 1790 rupees, But I'm sure you can get them for less.

My word is go for it, You'll never regret it.

Thread Starter #10
What a co-incidence,I too busted one of my front speakers, It too is a Sony.

I tried playing Salt Shaker by the Ying Yang Twins at high volume and then Kaput went the Sony.

I want to get a pair of JBLs and I am looking to get the JBL GT5-S204. They can handle loud volumes without jittering and yes like cooladitya said it will fit in the dashboard slots without any issues. I think the price they've officially posted on the JBL India site is 1790 rupees, But I'm sure you can get them for less.

My word is go for it, You'll never regret it.
Well similar thing happened with me. I was playing "Inconsolable" and in middle of 1st para, i realised that one of the front speakers wasnt working.
BTW it costs 1790 for a pair or single?

Mine still works, but it sounds like youre cooking and that you've just put something into boiling oil[lol].
From their site it seems like the price of 1790 is for a single piece. But that might be a mistake. The street price has to be 1790 or lower for sure.

when it comes to speakers price is always for a pair only subwoofer are sold as a single pc.
if speakers not working at all then maybe because of some loose wire.
JBL GT5-S204 is a 4'' speakers and they can be fitted in almost any cars. dashbord.
cost aprox 1.2-1.3k.

I assume you want speakers for the front only. try component speakers from JBL, Ground Zero, Illusion, Auditor or Kicker. All are good brands.

To justify the comp speakers, buy atleast a 2 ch amp, wont cost you much.

Doesn't anyone actually read what people say they want anymore? The Man said " SO i am looking for a set of new speakers. I am not an audiophile, so i just want suggestion for some good speakers which can fit in the slots on the Alto's dash and have decent SQ, atleast better than SONY. ".

Is that too less to desire and need at all?

I want new front speakers to replace my M800's decade old non-existant ones. This thread has ended my search. I must be able to get the JBL for about Rs 1400 or so.
Pardon me, are there any 4" Component speakers? Oh, and Akash wants in-dash speakers, not 6 inchers that will cut holes in his pockets and door-pads.

Top Bottom