Advice for a New Family Mover (Booked Hyundai i10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(On a lighter note:The hide and seek of Xover and Raj is now a days getting even more interesting.Xover silently hides an ARIA somewhere and Raj searches it like a pro..:lol!:)
I dont need to do anything much. I just need to go to his profile, click on "all posts posted by The Xover". Most of the posts are related to the Aria only!

Try it!!

Last edited:
I dont need to do anything much. I just need to go to his profile, click on "all posts posted by The Xover". Most of the posts are related to the Aria only!
really[evil]
And what someone needs to do is check all posts by raj_5004 over the last two months i am dead sure more than 90% of posts will look like this"The Xover=Aria =Aria=XOVER=tATA=xOVER=Aria=[frustration]"

Thread Starter #18
Hello guys,

Back again with the same query that was posponned earlier.Some sad news to share, my father passed away last week, may god rests his soul in peace.As you all know we own tata indica dls 2005, 60k on the odo, its still running fine with no major issues, but lately it seems it might start as something or the other does keep on happening minor things and i dont want to keep taking this car to workshop every now and then,and so want to replace this car.

Major issue is the whole family is confused taking which car to buy, from wagon R Vxi to Ertiga Vdi /Zdi are the choises so came this familys help, we are now of 3 adults me wifey and mom with my two kids one of 6 and another of 2,looking for comfort and economy as kids would grow as n how time goes and so what do you all think is the best option suitable for us.

I was thinking of buying wagonR or i10 in exchange of my indica now and later on as budget permits to buy another vehicle say manza ya ertiga or wifeys choice was to buy jazz or i20D now as it serves the purpose of us, much of confused over which vehicle to choose so please pour in your suggestions, decision is to be made bfre this month ends.

Also do you think a diesel or petrol makes sense to buy for any type of car as now, monthly running wont be more then 1000kms.

Thanking you all.

350Z

Core Team
Back again with the same query that was posponned earlier.Some sad news to share, my father passed away last week, may god rests his soul in peace.
Sorry to read that. My deepest condolences.

Major issue is the whole family is confused taking which car to buy, from wagon R Vxi to Ertiga Vdi /Zdi are the choises so came this familys help, we are now of 3 adults me wifey and mom with my two kids one of 6 and another of 2,looking for comfort and economy as kids would grow as n how time goes and so what do you all think is the best option suitable for us.
It makes a lot of sense to consider Honda Jazz, as the usage doesn’t demands a diesel either. Even when the kids grow up, it has sufficient space to accommodate five adults in comfort. Even new Hyundai i20 is capable of same but I remember that you love Honda Jazz. You yourself told me to check it out in our old forum when Jazz launched. Plus, it’s much more fun to drive. On the other hand, Hyundai is feature loaded, has comfortable ride and suitable for sedate drivers.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I was thinking of buying wagonR or i10 in exchange of my indica now and later on as budget permits to buy another vehicle say manza ya ertiga or wifeys choice was to buy jazz or i20D now as it serves the purpose of us, much of confused over which vehicle to choose so please pour in your suggestions, decision is to be made bfre this month ends..
My deep condolences to you and your family on the demise of your father.

As per your current situation. You can check with Punto/Jazz/Vista either petrol or diesel according to your usage.

Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

As per your requirement's you can either go for Vista or Ritz petrol as both are spacious for your family and in the future you can probably look for an bigger car.

Thread Starter #22
Does Eriga Vxi seems to make sense to buy compared to jazz, its a extended jazz but v comfortable vehicle, drove it once and petrol engine is butter smooth with extended third row of space as well, though dont need that row on daily basis but jazz select and ertiga vxi seems v near with the pricing, both petrol engines, or shall stick to jazz as of now, so confusing to buy a car now a days

ertiga has maruti peace of mind
you might want to check maintenance costs for jazz
any jazz owners in forum should give you a good review on the performance and maintenance part

I would second 350z - I have used Tavera for over 7 years and find it to be a very competant car-like MUV for the city and the highways. The new Tavera witih ABS, Airbags and little more power will do just as good.

Chevy service has been excellent in Mumbai for me and Tavera by itself was a no-nonsense car for my family. Space not an issue, comfort is more than enough for a Mum-Goa trip, very good for city driving and good on the h/ways.

Does Eriga Vxi seems to make sense to buy compared to jazz, its a extended jazz but v comfortable vehicle, drove it once and petrol engine is butter smooth with extended third row of space as well, though dont need that row on daily basis but jazz select and ertiga vxi seems v near with the pricing, both petrol engines, or shall stick to jazz as of now, so confusing to buy a car now a days
+1, Ertiga Vxi makes good buy if you want a 3rd row space in the near future, i think you have option of ABS in that model. Pretty good than a 5 seater.

Jazz is not a success in India. For the budget of buying a Jazz you can also try VW Vento - Petrol. Wonderful car and you will enjoy the road handling and ride.

I may have missed out, has your budget increased after the long interval ? You have five in the family and with them you might have to carry some friend / relative. It may not be very sensible to count only the family members but also some extra persons, though may be required very few times. IMO Ertiga fits the bill.

I may have missed out, has your budget increased after the long interval ? You have five in the family and with them you might have to carry some friend / relative. It may not be very sensible to count only the family members but also some extra persons, though may be required very few times. IMO Ertiga fits the bill.
What you are saying is right but people buy car with keeping their family first in mind not freinds and relatives as such occurrence is very very rare .

Jaaz even the base model has abs, airbags, music system ,steering mounted controls and beautifully managed space and extremely airy and comfertable cabin.
Again people on our forum are getting 13:5 mileage in bumber to bumber traffic with ac on .
Maruti engine is great but it can't match the refinement of Hondas ivtec.

Since the OP has kids taking safety part into consideration he has to opt for zxi model only vxi,lxi have no safety options, music system where as all this important stuff comes already in base model of jaaz.

To the OP- what is the age of your kids ? If they are 10-15 plus they will grow then the ertiga is the better option but if they are still small my suggestion would be to go for the jaaz

@Raja, I agree to your suggestions !![:)]

Just out of this topic, I would like to ask you true opinion on Airbags, ABS

I have seen on many topics, people talk about these much, My opinion about these as follows

Airbags : I have seen a very less people survived with the help of airbags in the kind of accidents took place in India which are most of the time fatal. In fatal accidents nothing will help, please refer one of the fresh accident in Fortuner in Mangalore, some of our fellow TAIan posted this where some famous political person died. Some how I am not really convinced with airbags in Indian conditions and may be their quality to save the life !!

ABS : According to me this is more useful at the speeds beyond 100+, you may differ here and say that it is also useful in slower speeds also as we can confidently stop the vehicle wherever we want, but with latest disc brakes equipped on most of the cars which are more than enough to stop very well. You may say in emergency, why we always have to think of an emergency, why we push our self to emergency, I feel with little sensible and safe driving methods, we can really avoid an emergency always and in such case the normal brakes are really sufficient.

Both above really suits in other countries like Europe I have seen the roads and the normal speeds are 150+ where these may be useful more !!.

Some how I feel these two have become a marketing stuff cleverly influencing the customers with safety aspect.

All the above is purely my personal opinion and not to offend you or any other in the forum and I really would like to learn from you on this [:D]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom