Advice for a New Family Mover (Booked Hyundai i10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
guys, am out to purchase our second car.Currently own tata indica dls 2005 one, which have done approx 45K's till now.Kids are growing up and the need for second car arises, as it gets difficult with just one car.Main crieteria are space and comfort to move peoples.My shortlisted cars are either tata manza or mahindra xylo.I know both are in different leagues, but are best people movers in given budget frame.I was more inclined towards xylo as manza would allow me only the boot area where as xylo would comfortably sit 7 adults. I have never owned such big car, so what are the pros and cons of owning an utility vehicle, like xylo, user feedbacks as we do have few owners of xylo. Also would like to add, we do go out of town, once a few months and would like to take my vehicle along, so also take into note it should be comfortable to drive on highways as well.Mostly would be self driven by me and my wife.

Love the seating package of innova, perfect family mover but is way out of my budget.Our first thought was mini innova , the jazz but rising petrol prices as well as not much of difference in space then few cms of boot area, dropped that.Indica is already doing fine without much gluches and now want a bigger car.Kids on laps gets scary sometimes on highways, short city run is okay in our indica.Xylo suits my needs perfectly, but not sure how the vehicle behaves, runs, maintenance and all.Have driven friends innova lots of time and man what a rock solid this car is, even after 7 years with him, still no rattle, sound,nick nacks just regular service and it does its job perfectly.Is xylo in the same league of innova in terms of ownership,do share your inputs.

My family consists of 4 adults and 2 kids of 5 and 2 years each.

Re: Family mover

If you are looking for Xylo then have you also considered Scorpio? The base model will fit in your budget. Or may be you can wait for Maruti Irtiga till Jan 2012 or Mini Xylo.

AMG

Suspended

Wait for the auto Expo.

Then you may check out the new Innova.

pros of owning a xylo -

- fantastic diesel engine with superb drivability
- tons of space
- comfort even in third row
- 3 rows of AC
- the most VFM people mover in its segment

Cons of owning a xylo -

- suspension is not that great, car rolls a lot
- mahindra A.S.S. is just average (but then you had a TATA!)
- Many cant digest the way the xylo looks

350Z

Core Team

Welcome back, Vijay. Congratulations for making the decision of New Car. Considering the requirements, I am sure that Suzuki Ertiga makes for worth a wait. It is a compact family mover and will fall somewhere between Venture and Innova segment. Expect Ertiga to debut at Auto Expo 2012. Also take a look at New Tavera.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@Vijay:
I'd advise you to wait till the auto expo and then have a look at the Ertiga.Why?Let me explain:
Since you have four adults and two kids in your family so Manza is simply meant to be thrown out,you need a UV for your family and its comfort(Indica is good as a four seater,so why Manza?).
Now coming to Ertiga,being a Maruti,you can expect to be quite less pricey than a Xylo and since it is going to get the 90 bhp 1.3 MJD VGT version,so you can expect quite good performance too considering its lower weight as compared to a Xylo.
Also the Ertiga is going to have a front-wheel-drive system so it will feel quite comfy too while driving and with this UV you can play the point-and-shoot game too quite a bit.
The FE is surely going to be 15+ overall,which is going to be a boon and since your kids are small(about 2-5 years)so you really don't need a cumbersome UV like Xylo,while until your kids grow up,the time to upgrade will automatically come.

About Xylo,as already mentioned by our forum member Raj,exactly the same words are mine too:
The maintenance is not very high bus its a fact that all UVs have quite high maintenance than hatches and sedans.
FE is also okay,but still a 15+ kpl can never come(I am not sure about that).
Ride is okay but handling is simply OUT-standing from the road(actually take a sharp turn and it like to stand out of the road)..In other words,the body roll is more than scary.

Thread Starter #8
guys, thankyou all for your feedback and opnions.Well auto expo would be by jan end and product on assembly another few months.I dont think we would wait till then, lets see.Well Ertiga as we all know is round the conrner to launch, but i doubt weather it would come with better engine then sx4,with more people to move, much heavier car then sx4, dont you all think it would lack that punch and pull from this 1.3 mill.Also about mini xylo, as we have seen some spy shots, if that launched the same way with same space we could capture it would have best high seatings for 5 adults but no boot space, so lets see.Why the hell no one then toyota can company think of getting better package then innova.Is it possible to do changes in last row of xylo aftermarket with split seatings and pull ups on sides like innova?

Thread Starter #9
Family decision came to wait till the auto expo comes, lets see whats coming this season, new offers and then we might book our new car by jan end or feb.Mods close this thread for time and would request you later on to open on finalising things.Thankyou everyone.

Well,+1 to Xover only in case the budget allows as at this price the Aria is really a great package,but its still better to wait and watch.

+2 to Raj,as Aria jumps the budget,so its better to have anything else instead of crying for high EMIs afterwards.

(On a lighter note:The hide and seek of Xover and Raj is now a days getting even more interesting.Xover silently hides an ARIA somewhere and Raj searches it like a pro..:lol!:)

Xylo has proved better than its classes only for features,space and VFM.
AFAIK Mahindra has better service if not good(TATA).The only issue in it is the presence of body roll and oddball looks,well if you can consume these two aspects Xylo is a good vehicle to own.

Xylo really has good features and the surround cool a/c really rocks.

Forget the adult and kids , there are totally 7 people and each need a seat.
so it must be a seven seater.

Low budget 7 seater diesel uv - sumo victa
and look wise sumo grande turbo - same sumo victa engine - err should i say same my sierra engine haha.
and the bolero - only some people find its looks amazing and manly .. include me.
still there is option for scorpio with bolero engine - remember seeing one new model with leaf spring at rear - or its a old m2di one with new paint and new head light [confused]

These are cheap to maintain apart from any .

Welcome to the crdi world , where the computer control the whole car - heck you dont even find a accelerator cable - they are history in these.

grand dicor/safari /aria from tata. in order of price
xylo/scorpio- from mahindra.
force one - force , new model in market with low price.
innova. - from the toyota.

You have not mentioned your price till now , just you have said innova is out of budget means is the maximum 6 to 7 lack since manza base is 6 to be exact here.

Hope sumo grande fits the bill perfectly and you will too settle on them.
new look.
great suspensions and easy to drive. remember its not related to old sumo - mini truck
good ground clearance - perfect for our road condition.
easy availability of spares and cheaper and from standard manufacturers.

Since you were saying jazz/ manza etc - DID YOU LOOK AT THE VENTURE FROM TATA

Is that even more perfect from grande for your requirement??
There is a good detailed review of both grande and venture. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom