Advantages of Electronic Power Steering vs Hydraulic Power Steering

I have query, in my brio hood there is a small container infact it is smaller than all shown in the pics for power steering oil. As per the pictures posted earlier, hoods with containers for power steering oil are HPS. But when i checked the specification on the HONDa cars website:::Brio - Love at first sight::: it is showing collapsible EPS. Still did not check the owners manual [;)].

Not required to mention but the feedback of steering is superb and it is very light.

Last edited:
I have query, in my brio hood there is a small container infact it is smaller than all shown in the pics for power steering oil. As per the pictures posted earlier, hoods with containers for power steering oil are HPS. But when i checked the specification on the HONDa cars website:::Brio - Love at first sight::: it is showing collapsible EPS. Still did not check the owners manual [;)].

Not required to mention but the feedback of steering is superb and it is very light.
Brio is EPS. Maybe you can show us a pic?

Brio has Collapsible Electric Power Steering which means steering has a power motor to it which makes its working easy and in event of an accident or crash the steering column collapses using a special mechanical system and does not hit into the driver.

Sorry guys for the confusion, i checked in the owners manual of car. That container is for clutch fluid as pointed by ilango[speed thirst] and it is DOT4 grade. But what does it do, is it available in all the cars ?
A wagonR owner in my office told be this thing is not there in his wagonR.

No waganR doesn't have Hydraulic clutch. BTW i also like HPS and has been driving Indica Xeta 1.4 with HPS and now punto 90. I just love the feel of steering feedback which is provided by HPS.

OK friends I have quick question for the power steering experts here!

In my opinion I will rate the power steering of any vehicle based on the following two factors!

1. The ability to steer the vehicle that is turn it & drive it around without much physical effort.

2. After the turn, if you leave the steering, The tendency of the wheels to spring back to "straight ahead" position quickly, not sure how fast this should happen but I am guessing the faster the better?

Now in my new vehicle which is an UV with HPS & heavier than hathcback & sedan cars & the first part is working quite well. However the 2nd part is a bit slow & actually requires little bit of manual effort to make that straight!

SA at ASC tells me that the 2nd part will get better with use, not sure how correct that statement is, could be true though. Any ideas if the 2nd part can be tuned to make it faster?

Just wanted to get any opinions & comments from the folks here.

My previous car which was a hatchback & also HPS was very good at the 2nd part and the steering wheel came back straight within 2-3 seconds if the driver just let go the steering wheel after a turn.

Last edited:

Top Bottom