Adding K&N Filter To Maruti Zen MPFi

Thread Starter #1
I got this K&N air filter 6 months before.

Price - INR 3,400 Rs (with fitting)

Dealer - Darshan Tyres, JM Road, Pune (They are K&N dealer in pune)
Time taken for job done - 5 Minutes (Surprised when they said its done)
Type - Stock Replacement Air Filter

How do I know K&N -
One of my friends got the K&N replacement filter on his pulsar. I was surprised by the performance improvement.Also the 'sound' generated, its totally like a sports bike.There was a hugh change in pick up.Then I asked about filter for cars and the dealer said yes it can be fitted in car.Same day I had decided to put it on.Then done some googling
and found Dealer in pune.

Why K&N -
I always feel the acceleration during 2nd (sometimes) and 3rd/4th is low in zen.While overtaking I relly feel the car is lagging speed.Really required to dawnshift everytime.The situaltion worsens if the AC is on and car is loaded with 5 people.In ghat sections really feel a bit outpowered.So I was searching for performance improvement accessories and found K&N.

Installations -
Went to Darshan tyres.Asked for K&N filter for zen.They had checked and I was pleased to know that they have 1 in stock.I had done some price negotiations and told them to fit it.Their person opened the bonnet and then opened the Filter Housing Removed old filter and replaced it with new K&N then closed Housing.That's it - job Done in 5 minutes.

What really changed -
1 - Definite increase in acceleration across all gears.Specially the pickup is improved a lot in 3rd and 4th. I can feel the car pulling much much faster than before.
2 - Distinct sound on racing the engine (I like that sound!)
3 - Smoother running of engine than pervious one.
4 - Marginal improvement in mileage by 1 kmpl

Cleaning interval is 15k km's

About K&N - K&N High Performance Air Filters, Oil Filters, & Cold Air Intakes
Search dealer - K&N Air Filter & Air Intake Dealer Search - Where to buy K&N Products

Thread Starter #2
Re: Adding K&N filter to Zen mpfi

Stock Replacement K&N Air Filter for Zen mpfi

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Steps - How to install a K&N filter (others also) in car

1. Locate and Open the Filter Housing - Open hood safely, locate the air filter housing. On most of the cars, it will be in a black plastic case with metal clips on the sides. Also a black tube going into the plastic case on most cars.

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
2. Open plastic case -Flip the metal clips downward. If they are tight use screwdriver to pop it off. Some car housings will also have a nut holding them from the top.

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
3. Remove the Old Filter carefully and Put the New Filter in Place, make sure to put it in the same configuration as the one you removed.

Attachments

Thread Starter #6
4. Close plastic case,Flip back the pins and That's it. DONE in 5 minutes. [thumbsup]

Attachments

zengetz

Suspended
Very nice Surfer ! K&N [thumbsup]
Not to mention your engine bay looks very clean - how old is the car ?

Avi

Thread Starter #9
If you want to buy a K&N filter buy it only from an authorized and trusted dealer.A fake air filter can cause serious damage to car by allowing dirt though intake.

Great job there Surfer! It really helps and the pics detail it out!

Even I am contemplating putting a K&N for few days now. Will give Darshan Tyres a visit[:)]

well awesome information and guide @surfer! i used to think theres only tiny improvement in performance with K&N but great to know that it greatly helped your ride. and how loud does it sounds now?? [;)]

Thread Starter #14
and how loud does it sounds now??
+1. Not as a head turner.But enough for feeling.
If some one really want 'THAT sound' then add Free flow exhaust.

Thread Starter #15
i used to think theres only tiny improvement in performance with K&N
Even I was thinking on same line.But after adding this I really feel difference.
Now a days I don't use booster button of my zen [;)]

Top Bottom