Adding K&N Filter To Maruti Zen MPFi

Is the filter available for Vista Safire (Petrol) version? I was not able to find the details about it on their homepage.

Thread Starter #34
Is the filter available for Vista Safire (Petrol) version? I was not able to find the details about it on their homepage.
I think yes , but confirm with any local dealer.

This is my experience too. Currently am using K&N Stock filter for my Alto. Have used it for more than 10k kms now. Only thing is engine breathes easier. No significant improvement in performance. In fact I have also used K&N Performance filter as well (the conical one). Here there will be an increase in noise and marginal improvement in performance. As per my knowledge, to get significant boost to performance and improve low end torque, Performance filter has to be supported by FFE.

Good that Surfer is able to feel the difference [clap]
Bro can you let me know about the part number of the k&n air filter for alto ? That would be a big help

Yes, it costs around Rs3800-4200.Compatible with all the carb cars(800,1000,Zen and Esteem)

Just to be sure, can you post a picture of the stock filter element.

Last edited:
@ Jarpickle- somehow I couldn't attach pics of my filter from my mobile, so I am adding a stock image from the net. My looks just like it, except it is brownish /faded.

Attachments

Hello sir i know its late but i have an 2002 zen vxi 69k on odometer and i am getting an k and n filter for 5k from amazon is it worth to get it in 5k as mentioned above they got for 3500

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello sir i know its late but i have an 2002 zen vxi 69k on odometer and i am getting an k and n filter for 5k from amazon is it worth to get it in 5k as mentioned above they got for 3500
Buddy, spending 5K on K&N I don't think is wise. I had used it in my Honda City for about 2 years and the difference I felt with K&N in comparison to normal filter was marginal only in regards to drive and acceleration. Apart from filter you'll need a cleaning kit too which comes around 1200-1500 rupees. Though I did not use the kit with my car's K&N Filter but it is advisable to use it. Now I have reverted back to OEM filter only in my car as the drive with K&N felt boring and atleast every 10K kms I can simply replace it with new one for 400-500 rupees.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom