Acessorizing Volkswagen Vento IPL Edition

Thread Starter #1
hello everyone!
very new to the forum.
want some help from seniors here.
i own vw vento- ipl edition.
now ipl edition comes with hu from nippon and leather seat covers and cricket bat and ball apart its only available on trendline model as you all know.

the handles and the side mirror covers that are provided by the company are black and i want them to be painted white. can anyone help me with some idea on pricings- its like 4 door handles and 2 mirror body covers (want them painted candy white color). i stay in mumbai(suburbs) can you guys help me on this.

----- Second Query -----

guys need your help on accessorizing my white vento.
already have asked for help on another thread for body painting my door handles and side mirror body.
now as you guys know they do not provide remote keys and only central lock and want to add autocop to it and also install reverse parking camera on the bumper. when i asked the vw guy he said the warranty will be void can you guys help me with it.

thanx
Ankit

Last edited by a moderator:
hello everyone!
very new to the forum.
want some help from seniors here.
i own vw vento- ipl edition.
now ipl edition comes with hu from nippon and leather seat covers and cricket bat and ball apart its only available on trendline model as you all know.

the handles and the side mirror covers that are provided by the company are black and i want them to be painted white. can anyone help me with some idea on pricings- its like 4 door handles and 2 mirror body covers (want them painted candy white color). i stay in mumbai(suburbs) can you guys help me on this.
Instead of painting i would suggest you stickering , should not cost more than 500 bucks.

guys need your help on accessorizing my white vento.
already have asked for help on another thread for body painting my door handles and side mirror body.
now as you guys know they do not provide remote keys and only central lock and want to add autocop to it and also install reverse parking camera on the bumper. when i asked the vw guy he said the warranty will be void can you guys help me with it.
Yes manufacturers always use this one word to instill fear in customers! I would say go ahead with it , if done by a professional you should not be facing any problem.

One suggestion instead of reverse camera i would suggest sensors , they are more effective.

Thread Starter #3
One suggestion instead of reverse camera i would suggest sensors , they are more effective.
yeah but like wifes insisting on camera might be incase it fits in budget might get both of them...

Instead of painting i would suggest you stickering.
means ??? are color stickers available? or you have any pic so that it can help me understand what you are saying.

thanx

yeah but like wifes insisting on camera might be incase it fits in budget might get both of them...
Will your wife also be using the car? If she is comfortable only with a camera then go for that. Personally i feel sensors are better than a camera.

means ??? are color stickers available? or you have any pic so that it can help me understand what you are saying.
Yes go to any sticker shop in your area and they will guide you. Am sorry i don't have any pictures as of now but i have seen few cars with sticker's on ORVM'S looked as good as paint.

350Z

Core Team
ankithparekh said:
Normally, after-market fiddling with electrics will immediately void the warranty of your car. I would recommend going with the sensors initially. Not only they are cost-effective but also installing them is much easier. Most likely, that should suffice.

ankithparekh said:
Stickers will only provide that appearance but are not durable for long enough. You should opt for paint at reliable workshop if perfection is what you’re seeking for. The ORVMs including, four door handles should not cost more than Rs.1,000 (Rough idea only).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:
ankithparekh, welcome to TAI world and congratulations on your vento ipl edition.Check with sensors as well as camera and decide which one suits your needs as well as budget.
go for paint rather then stickers as it would last much longer and durable then stickers.If you go with the dealer he would quote you around 2 to 2.5K for those paints and outside if you know a good paint shop they would do it for 1 to 1.2K.

Thread Starter #7
If you go with the dealer he would quote you around 2 to 2.5K for those paints and outside if you know a good paint shop they would do it for 1 to 1.2K.
thanx vijay,

i did check with the vw guys tornado motors in andheri east and the guy quoted like 7000 for 4 door handles and mirror covers :eek:

so i thought to check and get an idea for market rates... and incase any other suggestions.

Ankit,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

I would say, better get the handles painted. You can get the job done at any reputed paint shop.

thanx
Ankit

Ask him if installation at VW dealership can help. If it doesnt work, ask him what can be done so that you can get the Security for your car without voiding the warranty.

Well i don't know why everybody is against painting but stickering is cost effective and in case you don't like it its reversible too! Stickers should last for atleast 2 years if done from a professional , you can always change the sticker again once again if needed. Stickers should cost you less than 500 bucks totally! If done from a professional it will look as good as paint and last long too.

Thread Starter #10
Ask him if installation at VW dealership can help. If it doesnt work, ask him what can be done so that you can get the Security for your car without voiding the warranty.
thanx aakash,
i also asked him that i will bring the camera and autocop kit and if vw can install.
he denied saying vw does not accepct anything from secondary market.
if no vw then warranty is void.
:( dunno what to do[confused]

Thread Starter #12
dude, do they want you to get camera from VW only??
hey dodge these vw guys they don't have accessories for sale ( only mats, covers, mud flaps and 3-4 models for ICE, also 3m sunfilms.)
told them this is a million rupee car and i don't have remote locking... base model fine but then, what if i want to get them installed myself... sir the warranty get void if any 2nd party product outside vw is installed. u can install tints and mats and alll installtion only by sockets...[frustration]

Only the warranty of your car's electricals parts will get void nothing else. These dealers always say such things , not a big problem you can get it dome from outside.

zengetz

Suspended
Are you sure the warranty will expire ?
As far as i know, unless you tamper wiring, you do not lose electrical warranty.

Most of the cars now have provisions for Car security systems to be installed. And the after market systems like Autocop etc are mostly plug and play.

I would recommend you check this point.

- Avi

Top Bottom