Accidentally Filled Diesel in Petrol Car – Now What?

Well thank god the damage was not much and this thread serves a lesson to all of us. Good that he got some compensation from the bunk owner too.

Thread Starter #47
Re: Accidentally Filled Diesel in Petrol Car – Now What?

Well thank god the damage was not much and this thread serves a lesson to all of us. Good that he got some compensation from the bunk owner too.
Absolutely Dhaya. Bunk Manager played a major role and he stuck to his commitment. Which is very nice gesture on his part.

Thread Starter #49

Strange increase in fuel average reported by my friend. We do not how come but he showed me on MID that he is getting 16+ average or got 17.2 on last Saturday while leaving his relatives at Nizamuddin railway station in the morning. It could be done to less traffic but again earlier we was getting 14+ on Gurgaon - Manesar (highway) and now 16+.

Should we try filling Diesel in our cars [evil] so that engine would get a feeling to delivery more average [lol]

(IMPORTANT: 100% fun involved in the above statement but average part is TRUE. Please do to try to fill Diesel in Petrol car)

One can give it a try [;)] .... and keep cranes ready

Well it must have been the thorough cleaning of all fuel lines, engine,oils, filters which may have increased the FE marginally

I normally/mostly fill petrol at shell which is always free and the attendant are very carefull all the time and very polite and nice to us.

Even though I follow the regular practive every body follows

Step 1
Do you accept card/Card machine is working?

Step 2
For safety reason I ask them to swipe the card first before filling [ some probs with my debit card and it might not read properly suddenly, we migh tnot carry cash always]

Step 3
Swithc off the car engine/leave the mobile inside the car/Open the lid

Step 4
Tell the amount and NORMAL PETROL and ensure ZERO before he starts

Step 5
Ensure he fill it to the amount I had asked for and start scribling the KM in ODA in the bill [recently started]

And drive away.

In my old 800 I had Nitrogen air, so never wait for filling air in bunks unless it has Nitrogen air. Now I have to fill it in my Spark as early as possible.

Should we try filling Diesel in our cars [evil] so that engine would get a feeling to delivery more average [lol]

(IMPORTANT: 100% fun involved in the above statement but average part is TRUE. Please do to try to fill Diesel in Petrol car)

It may be a psychological factor or may be the change of fuel filter and spark plug did the trick. Why to trouble the engine with more carbon coating and few misfires due to diesel intake? Try just changing the spark plug and fuel filter [:)]

Help Needed - Filled Adulterated Petrol in Car

Hi All,

One of my friend's alto was added with adulterated petrol. Once they felt some jerk during drive, they rushed to Maruthi ASS. They are confirming diesel has been added with the fuel.

Kindly let me know the clean-up process and also does it require any spare parts change ?

Thanks

Re: Help needed - Adulterated petrol added

diesel in petrol??

i doubt, bcoz diesel has high density then petrol. and i don't think there should be any requirement for changing any part, just remove all fuel from tank (if you can!) and its better to check it via densitymeter (will found on all petrol pump) and if its within petrol range, then its safe to run with the same fuel.

petrol range is : 710-770 KG/m3

but, take advice from your ASS also.

Re: Help Needed - Filled Adulterated Petrol in Car

Don't Drive the car
Just stand where you are /leave the car
Get a mechanic and empty cans to drain the fuel
Don't drain on the surface as thats an hazard (penalties apply in Aus , not sure about India)

Get all the fuel lines to be bleeded and then add petrol to the tank and hopefully car will burn the remains of that rubbish

Top Bottom