Accessory Suggestions for Chevrolet Cruze?

So your front turn indicators are now white?

Where is the switch installed?

Why? I mean, these are the guys who will be servicing my car. Why can't they trusted with being able to tinker with the clutch assembly?
No not the indicators. Position lights are those which come on (inside the headlight assembly) when you turn the light switch to its first position .

the switch is in the small glove compartment like thing on the right hand side
below the light switches.

They know how to service your car, but why let them mess up the original settings of the vehicle.

Hey Aviral, Whats your maintenance cost so far on your car? Sorry for my ignorance, how old is it? Is yours manual or automatic?

hey codename47 can you tell me which size & brand of rims that black Cruz ^ you posted rolling on ? My guess is its a 19inch but which brand?

the photos were awesome, i think diffuser is the best mod for dual exhaust, it wont void warranty, i have seen them in bangalore....it was in youtube too

The stock JK tyres are terrible, i bought 6 tires in just an year.!

Plus they offer 0 grip in a car like cruze.

the stock tire size is 205/60 R16
Go for 215s. and that too of a good brand like Yokohama or michelin.
I know its a very small upsize but it would definitely improve the dynamics of your car.
totally agree with you
my JK's lasted me 23k kms ,ended up getting totally out of shape
have upsized to 215/60/16 92v yoko's A348R
and the car feels totally different! dont know why i dint change the stock jk's earlier

Guys I need some help as I’m planning to buy cruze ltz next month.
1. Paying48k+ change a good idea for 3 years or 45000 km zero maintenance??
2. I’ll be buying the car from different city as its costing me less there (will that going to be problem in terms of ASS)?
3. I want to add a bass tube and does any of fellow members can help in getting this done without cutting the wires.
4. The the most important one is I've read it on other automotive forums that a new upgraded cruze is due for launch around diwali with lots of new features and a price hike. Does any one have any idea about this?

Regards,
Rohit

Guys I need some help as I’m planning to buy cruze ltz next month.
1. Paying48k+ change a good idea for 3 years or 45000 km zero maintenance??
2. I’ll be buying the car from different city as its costing me less there (will that going to be problem in terms of ASS)?
3. I want to add a bass tube and does any of fellow members can help in getting this done without cutting the wires.
4. The the most important one is I've read it on other automotive forums that a new upgraded cruze is due for launch around diwali with lots of new features and a price hike. Does any one have any idea about this?

Regards,
Rohit
Hi Rohit,

1. Considering experience of various Cruze owners, roughly maintenance cost is Re 1/Km. So if you want more peace of mind then you can go for it otherwise considering normal wear and tear you'll end up spending this much amount only.
2. Normally not. Service people even don't bother from where you bought the car. Company pay them for free service, warranty issues etc.
3. Please don't even think to cut any wire. Cruze is having Lan bus and any load change on stock wiring will be detected and it will start throwing error codes or in worst case shutdown of system. Cruze player has integrated control for AC and many settings for car including safety. Sound quality Stock system is really good but still you want to add bass tube you might have to go for Caska OE replacement will add another 45-50K.
4. No one has spotted any test car yet. And back to back two changes are unlikely. Cruze facelift will come but most likely in 2013. But can't say it for sure.

Cheers
Nitin

Thanks Nitin for the response it was helpful and for this Caska thing can you share some more info.... or any links will be helpful.

Thanks,
Rohit

Normally all chevyy dealer have this unit. More detail you can find at AUTO | Various auto parts under Chevrolet, many dealers will also try to convince you for megaaudio or mapmyindia. Out of 3 Caska is better option and other two are really crap.
Some of the limitation these systems have in common:
1. All are windows based, which means everytime you start the car, and in source is USB they'll start from 1st song. Which is real pain.
2. Cruze has a functionality, when you turn the ignition off using push button, music keep on playing unless driver side door is opened. In this case these units will turn off immediately and in few seconds car stock player will start playing radio own his own. Please note these units are not stand alone. Stock system will still remain hidden inside.

These small things are really annoying. I myself have tried these system and removed them in 2 days. I'll still recommend to use stock player, it has pretty good quality.

Nitin

Top Bottom