Accessories for New Maruti Suzuki Dzire

Re: Accesories for New Swift Dezire LDI

Enquired about DZire power windows yesterday from MASS (Vishnu - Chrompet) quoted 14k for all 4 power windows.

Thread Starter #17
wait

So phrustrating to wait for my dezire for 5 months [anger]

dont feel like driving maruti 800 without AC [frustration]

Thread Starter #18
Re: Accesories for New Swift Dezire LDI

Guys
1 month has passed since i booked. I was told waiting period of 6 months.
Should i just keep waiting for the dealer to call or should i call them ?

Help and Guidance needed for accessories - DZIRE ZXI

Friends,

As i have mentioned earlier in this forum, I have booked a new Dzire ZXI variant on 23rd of April 2012. As per the dealer, in all probabilities, it looks like I will have the Car only after 9th of June. I am not pushing the dealer much, because I had earlier planned for a much awaited vacation to Malaysia on the first week of June. So even if I push now, and in case i get the car during end of this month, she will have to parked in the garage for straight one week. I will not be very comfortable in my vacation. So let me take it, once I come back.

I am still in the processes of negotiating accessories with the dealer, but overall the following list is what I have planned. Need some guidance in some of the items below

1. Floor Mats and Foot Mats - The all beige interiors although looks fabulous, my wife has told me "Best of luck, in keeping it clean" for n number of times. Planning to put a complete floor mat. I remember seeing transparent foot mats earlier in one my colleague's vehicle. Looks to be made of good material. Do we get transparent floor mats and foot mats? The advantage is, the beige carpet will be visible and as well get protected from dust/mud etc

2. Mud Flaps - Again the ones which dealer will provide me is black color. Do we get body coloured mud flaps, or I would need to paint it accordingly.?

3. Door guards

4. Corner bumper protections - Do we get body coloured ones?

5. ICE - Nothing planned as of now, would see hows the OEM one works. Have read its quite good.

6. Car Cover - Need it, as sometimes my car is parked outside for quite long

7. Reverse Camera and Parking Sensor -
Since the rear view of the Dzire is too good [cry], this is becoming mandatory for me. The MGA one as quoted by the dealer is a price of Rs 9,000/-. No idea whats the make? If you know what is the MGA one with this price, is it good enough?

8. Teflon Coating - I presume, this has been discussed many times in this forum. Should i go for it or Not? If not, I can save Rs 4,500/-, unless someone tells me from experience that Teflon was able to save him from minor scratches etc.

9. Anti Rust Coating - I am taking the delivery on the verge of the arrival of monsoons. So wanted to get it done, but the dealer is advising me against it, by saying its not needed now, since the Car is brand new, you can get it done after an year or two.. It is ok? I have a love and hate relationship with rust in my life, hence the apprehension.

10. Sun Film - Supreme court has put me in complete fix. The question is Sun film or Not? Dzire screens have no tint whatsoever, so without sun film means, driving inside baked oven all the time and which also means too much stress on the A.C

11. Tyres - The one which comes in ZXI and ZDI is 185/65R15 as opposed to 165/80R14 in other variants. The make is not specified, but looks like JK in all probabilities. Do i keep the 185/65R15 of JK for some time, or if its pretty bad, whats the one you all suggest to change? If I have to change, then earlier is the better, because I might get good exchange price for existing tyres.

12. Steering Cover - I love larger grip in the steering - Planning to get a nice leather finish one.

Any other stuffs which you feel, I might have missed- could be a necessary ones or even something fancy, you may suggest. Also any indicative price of the same would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance to all, who are here to help.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Help and Guidance needed for accessories - DZIRE ZXI

1. Floor Mats and Foot Mats - The all beige interiors although looks fabulous, my wife has told me "Best of luck, in keeping it clean" for n number of times. Planning to put a complete floor mat. I remember seeing transparent foot mats earlier in one my colleague's vehicle. Looks to be made of good material. Do we get transparent floor mats and foot mats? The advantage is, the beige carpet will be visible and as well get protected from dust/mud etc
Basic accessories such as floor mats and mud flaps should be provided by the dealership. Yes, aftermarket transparent floor mats are available in the market but I have observed that over a certain period they tend to become dull does not look so good. Likewise, You can also consider installing vinyl sheet to protect the actual carpeting of the car. Here is an example.

2. Mud Flaps - Again the ones which dealer will provide me is black color. Do we get body coloured mud flaps, or I would need to paint it accordingly.?
Nope. You will have to paint them to match the body color.

Please elaborate because there are different types of door protectors.

4. Corner bumper protections - Do we get body coloured ones?
Depends upon the car’s color. Though black generally suits well but you can always paint it if it does not match the exact body color. (Caution: Since it is stuck with an adhesive, it may leave sticky marks or uneven color once it’s removed.) This is from my own experience.

6. Car Cover - Need it, as sometimes my car is parked outside for quite long
MGA should have a perfect fit. Push for this one too as a freebie.

7. Reverse Camera and Parking Sensor - Since the rear view of the Dzire is too good, this is becoming mandatory for me. The MGA one as quoted by the dealer is a price of Rs 9,000/-. No idea whats the make? If you know what is the MGA one with this price, is it good enough?
I don’t think that Dzire needs a rear view cam. You can save some bucks and rather buy reverse sensors that are quite useful. It should cost somewhere in the range of Rs.2,000 – 5,000.

8. Teflon Coating - I presume, this has been discussed many times in this forum. Should i go for it or Not? If not, I can save Rs 4,500/-, unless someone tells me from experience that Teflon was able to save him from minor scratches etc.
It’s not really required. You can find more information here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/maintaining-my-ride/1126-teflon-coating-worth.html

9. Anti Rust Coating - I am taking the delivery on the verge of the arrival of monsoons. So wanted to get it done, but the dealer is advising me against it, by saying its not needed now, since the Car is brand new, you can get it done after an year or two.. It is ok? I have a love and hate relationship with rust in my life, hence the apprehension.
Contrary to the sales person – I would strongly recommend it. More so considering the region you live in and the troubles experienced in the past.

10. Sun Film - Supreme court has put me in complete fix. The question is Sun film or Not? Dzire screens have no tint whatsoever, so without sun film means, driving inside baked oven all the time and which also means too much stress on the A.C
Don’t spend money on sun films at the moment. Hold on this plan for some time.

Drive Safe,
350Z

OK @Vaibhav, thanks

By the way, one more question, is there a way to install an after market Dead Pedal beside the clutch (something like foot rest)?

Thread Starter #26
Hi
WE have decided not to install any power windows in our car. Too many news of people getting trapped has scared us. We will do it the old way [;)]
Music system around 15k budget + Security system we will install [:)]

Hi
WE have decided not to install any power windows in our car. Too many news of people getting trapped has scared us. We will do it the old way [;)]
Music system around 15k budget + Security system we will install [:)]
At least go for Front two power windows, it will help you to get rid of suddesn dust and smoke. This will help to keep the car neat and clean. Rear passengers can take care of manual windows but driver will have really tough time to play around with window's lever.

Thread Starter #28
Ertiga bhai ok i will decide on that
But please tell me good ICE configuration in 15k. I have no idea about ICE [surprise]

Vaibhav sir, I have not much idea about ICE as my knowledge about cars is very limited. Definately someone will help you over here. One of my colleague, she got Sony Music player worth 17K.But I believe here the experts must having better ideas.

Thread Starter #30
Yahooooooooooo

Got a call from the dealer that maruti has dispatched the car and will come to the dealer tomorrow. I am going to the dealer in evening to discuss payment formalities, accessories and PDI
The dealer will email me the VIN no in an hour [:)]

Top Bottom