ABS, ESP, EBD & Airbag - What Value Do They Add?

@Roadrunner, nice writeup. Thanks.

No offence to Brio owners. But its something like a glass house. It has potential threat for rear passengers if something hit from back.

You may please think again about it before your final decision. If I may, I would advise to consider Polo, Punto, Figo, Bolt/Zest, Jazz for more basic body security.

@Raaj Polo, Punto, Jazz - beyond budget. Figo - Will take a look when the facelift comes out this Diwali, but I don't think it will sway my decision. Bolt - Ruled out, want to try something non-Tata/Maruti. Brio's rear glass is subjective. I think it's ok. I am looking only at ABS-EBD in a hatch. From what Brio owners have said the rear glass is really not much of a safety issue. The metal part is raised quite high and the overall built looks scientifically sound and strong.

@Raaj Polo, Punto, Jazz - beyond budget. Figo - Will take a look when the facelift comes out this Diwali, but I don't think it will sway my decision. Bolt - Ruled out, want to try something non-Tata/Maruti. Brio's rear glass is subjective. I think it's ok. I am looking only at ABS-EBD in a hatch. From what Brio owners have said the rear glass is really not much of a safety issue. The metal part is raised quite high and the overall built looks scientifically sound and strong.
Why not maruti? [frustration][roll]

Perhaps, because it has poor build quality and poor braking systems.

@roadrunner, somehow Iam not convinced with Brio's security. But, I completely respect your decision and openion. However, For the price you pay for Brio with ABS+Airbags+30K, you can easily grab Volkswagen Polo Comfortline Petrol one which will have ABS+Airbags. But personally, I would always prefer to ride in Figo as its fantastic driver's car. Hopefully, they won't remove hydraulic steering system in forthcoming facelift.

@Roadrunner, nice writeup. Thanks.

No offence to Brio owners. But its something like a glass house. It has potential threat for rear passengers if something hit from back.

You may please think again about it before your final decision. If I may, I would advise to consider Polo, Punto, Figo, Bolt/Zest, Jazz for more basic body security.
One of the main reasons why I chose the Micra CVT over Jazz AT was that rear glass. Atleast in Micra, there is decent space between the rear lid and the rear seat back. And owing to that, the boot size is noticeably superior at 250 litres! That is my second reason over the Brio. Plus Micra also has ABS EBD, Brake Assist and dual Airbags. And fantastic CVT mileage of 15 kmpl in city (for me atleast). Lastly, it has now run 18000+ km in Pune city conditions (and some treacherous conditions outside the city). No rattles whatsoever. Great car, terribly under-rated by potential buyers.

I own TATA Bolt XM and it has ABS with EBD but I dont feel any characteristic pulse while braking. Is there any specific speed or scenario in which only ABS kicks in while braking?

I own TATA Bolt XM and it has ABS with EBD but I dont feel any characteristic pulse while braking. Is there any specific speed or scenario in which only ABS kicks in while braking?
I would say, be thankful that it doesnt happen so explicitly. An aggressive ABS action means that you are in deep skid, thats when you will feel the pulse. And also remember that during that manuever, you are not exactly going to brake faster than usual. Its just that you may be able to steer to avoid obstacles.

Top Bottom