ABS, ESP, EBD & Airbag - What Value Do They Add?

True. The Govt. Should have make a rule to have Mandatory ABS+EBD and Driver airbag across all varients. But sadly, they are busy in corruption, scams, how to loot more money in the name of new and enhanced tax policies etc. Let's hope someday they would pay some attention to the people and their safety too.
The more the number of legislation, the more corruption they breed. It is better to have small governments that take care of only the important stuff than keeping an eye on whether people are taking care of themselves.

Well, i am all for safety features, and I buy cars that incorporate all possible stuff, but I think people should have an option to choose for themselves.

Raaj, why only driver side airbags?Don't you love your passengers?I'd say atleast have front airbags compulsory and standard in all cars in the next two years and also establish an independent testing company like EURO NCAP and crash test all cars.Rate the cars based on that.

Why do people graduate from a motorcycle to a car once they have a family?It is because they think it is safer.But the truth is far from that.

Raaj, why only driver side airbags?Don't you love your passengers?I'd say atleast have front airbags compulsory and standard in all cars in the next two years and also establish an independent testing company like EURO NCAP and crash test all cars.Rate the cars based on that....
I've nothing against about passenger airbags. I just said, atleast a driver airbag as a mandatory. But Yes, You are right about that. Let's hope for the best in the coming years. [:)]

And Since Yesterday, when I raised my doubt about EBD, the folks have participated and wrote some great things about that. I would like to thank one and all. Let's talk more and discuss more about that. This forum rocks. Thank You friends. [clap]

What the use of only discussing.Maybe we should have a petition to make this safety concern a reality.

Raaj, why don't you take the initiative?

Well let me try to explain everything in layman language:

What is EBD? Just like airbags are an assisting feature to seatbelts similarly the work of EBD is to assist the ABS. But saying this that ABS is inappropriate without EBD is something that is unacceptable. It's just that ABS isn't as much effective but then using the PSVs(Pressure Sensing Valves - mechanical system) in rear suspension with ABS acting on front wheels does near equal work if not more than EBD.
In case of hard braking, basically those are front wheels on which most of the weight of the vehicle is concentrated and hence rear wheels have a tendency to lock up if braking force is applied on them and hence with ABS acting on front wheels electronically(via HECU) and via PSV on rear wheels and this setup works near perfect for the vehicle with no lock ups. There are a lot of cars which have no EBD but still are very good in terms of braking only on the ABS thing.

ABS, ESP, EBD & Airbags do nothing at all. They are useless and a waste of money. All it does is save your's and your loved one's lives.

Hmph, better buy a lower variant and spend those money on "mag wheels" and "muzik chistem"...

Disclaimer: Understanding this post is a subject matter of solicitation. raj_5004 is dizzy and hence is not responsible for this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
And Since Yesterday, when I raised my doubt about EBD, the folks have participated and wrote some great things about that. I would like to thank one and all. Let's talk more and discuss more about that. This forum rocks. Thank You friends. [clap]
Buddy this is the precise reason I mentioned that EBD is great to have feature . But ABS and airbags also is good option too which is present in i10 grand and ecosport. And don't make the car worthless just because EBD is not present , since safety will depend on many various factors too .

Anyway atleast our debate on the other thread inspired this discussion here so a win win for us [clap]

P.S - iam all game for the petition idea .

Buddy this is the precise reason I mentioned that EBD is great to have feature . But ABS and airbags also is good option too which is present in i10 grand and ecosport. And don't make the car worthless just because EBD is not present , since safety will depend on many various factors too .

Anyway atleast our debate on the other thread inspired this discussion here so a win win for us [clap]

P.S - iam all game for the petition idea .
Sure that's good option to have safety features in Grand i10 diesel. But their diesel version car is over priced. It's just 1120 CC 3 cylinder engine. The much powered 4 cylinder diesel engine cars with safety features are available with almost similar price. So, at the end of the day, I would pickup any much powered 4 cylinder diesel engine car with safety features such ABS+EBD+Airbags than the less powered but much featured Grand i10. Ofcourse, this is purely my personal opinion only.

Sure that's good option to have safety features in Grand i10 diesel. But their diesel version car is over priced. It's just 1120 CC 3 cylinder engine. The much powered 4 cylinder diesel engine cars with safety features are available with almost similar price. So, at the end of the day, I would pickup any much powered 4 cylinder diesel engine car with safety features such ABS+EBD+Airbags than the less powered but much featured Grand i10. Ofcourse, this is purely my personal opinion only.
Perfect . Not a problem at all .

My only point if you remember was we can't generalize saying that Hyundai is cheating by asking certain price , or it is worthless since it has no EBD .

Rest you are entitled to have a personal opinion which I respect fully . [cheers] [thumbsup]

ABS, ESP, EBD & Airbags do nothing at all. They are useless and a waste of money. All it does is save your's and your loved one's lives.

Hmph, better buy a lower variant and spend those money on "mag wheels" and "muzik chistem"...

Disclaimer: Understanding this post is a subject matter of solicitation. raj_5004 is dizzy and hence is not responsible for this post.
+100 to you buddy, when life and death are in God's hand then why should we spend on safety features. But yes, how many bones will be broken is decided by those features and this is what matters.
Hence buy a lower variant and spend those 50-60k in good leather seat covers, muzik chistem, BBS alloys and some more such show off jugaads which one can boast of in friend circle and show to public by driving the car at slow speeds with muzik volume at full.

Simple question:
Which 'safe' car isn't 'overpriced'? I mean any car which has got ABS and airbags always has a huge price difference as compared to the variant just below the one with these features for the said price you can easily get a Ritz of Swift base variant with 'powerful' 4 cylinder engines. but then why go for Ritz or Swift also, why not go for Micra, Pulse, Verito Vibe, Figo or Liva, they have got the biggest engines and all are 4 cylinder units. Micra, Pulse and Verito have got 1.5l units and Liva and Figo have got 1.4l units.
And yes, Figo is similarly priced as the i10 grand is.
Still I welcome your opinion[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Which 'safe' car isn't 'overpriced'? I mean any car which has got ABS and airbags always has a huge price difference as compared to the variant just below the one with these features for the said price you can easily get a Ritz of Swift base variant with 'powerful' 4 cylinder engines. but then why go for Ritz or Swift also, why not go for Micra, Pulse, Verito Vibe, Figo or Liva, they have got the biggest engines and all are 4 cylinder units. Micra, Pulse and Verito have got 1.5l units and Liva and Figo have got 1.4l units.
And yes, Figo is similarly priced as the i10 grand is.
Still I welcome your opinion[:)]
Well, For the price of Grand i10 Asta (0), we can get the Ritz ZDI, Liva GD SP, Figo Titanium Diesel, Micra Diesel XL (0) etc which are all equipped with ABS+EBD and Airbags.

I said my opinions in a very detailed way in another thread with detailed comparisons. I've nothing to say anything more about Grand i10. Period.

Thanks and Have a good day.

Well, For the price of Grand i10 Asta (0), we can get the Ritz ZDI, Liva GD SP, Figo Titanium Diesel, Micra Diesel XL (0) etc which are all equipped with ABS+EBD and Airbags.

I said my opinions in a very detailed way in another thread with detailed comparisons. I've nothing to say anything more about Grand i10. Period.

Thanks and Have a good day.
Apart from dozens of safety equipments in a car, the mind set (mood) of the driver decides more on how safe the journey is going to be.

If you feel i10 grand is the safest car, then its going to be your next car because you feel safer with it,

Your mindset aka mood affects your driving behaviour and concentration

Let me ask all among here
Which is the top selling car in india ?
Does it have abs ebd blah blah blah and whats it rating in euro ncap ? (Am sure for the second question the answer is a negative one against the top selling car )

Now compare the number of accident involving the top selling car against fortuner or top class safest car,
The #1 top selling car doesnt tops the list in accident list too (may be it was not listed in that list at all

MSN1: The top selling car in India might not have these features, but that is because the people of India have not been exposed to the kind of safety features that should be standard in all cars.

The safety features in no way will replace driver instinct, the same way fighter jets and formula 1 cars still rely on drivers.They are just aids to make your trips more safer and ensure that no harm comes to you or your family members.

Humans do get tired especially on long trips, some cars come with sensors that can detect these and apply brakes and also activate buzzers to make sure the driver can stay awake.Although this technology will take years to come to our country, but we can very well as an automotive forum develop a petition to make sure they government takes the necessary steps to atleast make aids like ABS+EBD and front airbags standard on all cars sold in the country and also carry out crash tests to make sure the cars structure can take the kind of impacts that would happen in case of an accident.This way buyers will know what to expect from what car and make better decisions.

Top Bottom