ABS Braking Saves Life and Car

Re: ABS Braking Saves Life & Car

Well,after being on the forum for a long time,today I found my hot favorite thread,the thread associated to the safety.

First of all the experience of NAREN is enough in itself to teach people that ABS is for lower speeds too,especially the ones who think that ABS is meant for high speed driving only.

One experience from my side too:-
I and my father were going to Jaipur in our i10 Asta(Kappa)and we were doing about 130-140 kph as the highway was quite empty and it was midnight too.
Since I was also relaxed while driving and my father slept with seat belts on,so I was now cruising at quite high speeds.
I overtook a Scorpio and an Esteem together near Kothpootli,they both were doing about 110 kph and then suddenly I saw something white just in the middle of the road,I became alert and pressed the brake with a light foot.When I reached some more close,then I saw that it was a good big Maruti carrier truck parked(It had just stopped at the moment) just on the middle of the road and it was occupying both the lanes.
Now,since i was moving in the right lane,I understood that there are no chances as we will tailgate the truck,so I pressed the pedal as hard as I could and started moving the car towards left in a slight zig-zag style so as to cover greater distance.And after a good horrifying experience my car passed from just 2-3inches away from the truck and stopped after it crossed the truck and reached near the driver's cabin.I father too woke up and then we heard a loud screeching noise and a huge explosion,I came out of my car and ran towards the end of the truck(THE DRIVER AND HELPER AND TWO MORE PEOPLE,ALL FLED THE SPOT IN FRONT OF ME)and saw that the Scorpio had tailgated the truck quite hard,but the Esteem guys had managed to save their car with some minor scratches as their car had brushed the divider.
My first work was to ask the Esteem guys to turn the hazard light s on and then tried to open the front door of the Scorpio,but since it was locked from inside(The Scorpio's front windshield and bonnet was damaged,the bonnet was damaged but the cabin was intact)then I saw that a guy came out of the rear(third row),I took out my mobile and saw that the guy inside was unconscious and was bleeding.There were total seven occupants in the Scorpio and none had tied the seat belts,all got some minor injuries,but none had got any major injury.So after calling up Police and offering the victims some water to drink,we too left the spot.

THAT NIGHT I SAW WHAT DIFFERENCE ABS CAN MAKE..Also if our i10 would hev been there in place of Scorpio then the scene would have been too much serious as compared to the Scorpio.

ABS SAVES LIFES & CAR

I was going to an nearby town(Pollachi) from Coimbatore(April 22nd 2010) via NH 209 in my Linea. I was arriving at an Intersection whrein a bypass road of NH 47 meets. The signal was GREEN for me & I was driving at around 45 Kms speed, sudenly a Swift Dezire from Kerala(from NH47 bypass) appeared like a gost [shock] right in front of my car just 10 feet away jumping the RED signal. I applied break fully & ABS though helped me by not locking the wheels, I was able to steer the car just in time & away from the Dezire.

Thanks to ABS Breaking system, otherwise my car wheels would have locked, skidded & rammed into the Dezire front left door which I think would have rolled over & would have caused considerable damage to the car & loss of life.

Buy Cars with ABS.

ABS & Air Bags should be made compulsary & not an option in all cars. [thumbsup]
Thats a nightmare and happy that you did not encounter any damage.
I know that this is a old thread but, would like to mention that the intersection that you just mentioned (Near: Karpagam Engg college & Eachanari) is a hotspot for accidents. Thanks to folks who do not have sense of minding the signal.

Anyone who are travelling thro' this road, please be careful before this intersection. Especially Pollachi busses ply like rockets in this zone.

I searched some threads, but thought to share it here.

The pic is funny, from FB...
Thats very funny.[lol]

@ TSIVipul: Thats indeed a horrible experience!

Last edited:

TSIVipul;116346THAT NIGHT I SAW WHAT DIFFERENCE ABS CAN MAKE..Also if our i10 would hev been there in place of Scorpio then the scene would have been too much serious as compared to the Scorpio.[/QUOTE said:
Oh Gosh ! Good to note that nothing serious happened ? During night driving one should be extra cautious because judging distance ahead at times is difficult.

ABS saves the day

8th of March 2012- It was around 11:00 am, we were returning from Chattisgarh to Ranchi. We were 4 of us including me. i was the one driving the car. I was doing around 110 kmph in our Ritz Zxi. Suddenly a triple loaded bike guy came from the opposite side of the road from no where, I honked and applied brakes, He saw me and just stood in the middle of the road. I thought in my mind-"Oh my god he is gone". But still i applied brakes and steered my car away from him, the ABS worked and stopped the wheels from locking up and thus allowed me to steer. The car came to a halt at the right side of the road (Footpath). luckily there was no traffic on the right side of the road nor there was any traffic behind me. This all happened in mare 5 seconds. We all were shocked for a second then i came out to look at the biker but he just sped off.
Then i also got into my car and thanked our stars for buying a car equipped with ABS.
If it was any other car without ABS all the three of them would have died on spot and the car would also have suffered a good amount of damage.

Attached a diagrammatic representation of what happened. Red represents bike and yellow represents our car

Attachments

Re: ABS saves the day

Must have been one hell of an experience. Good to know that nobody was hurt. ABS indeed turns out to be a life-saver at times.

freakdude.

Good to know that no one was injured in the incident, ABS & airbags are a must have feature for the cars in our country, as Indian highways are filled with fool's who neither understand the law nor respect other road user's, let this thread be an educational thread for all our member's

Thanks to god and the engineering that you all are saved without any big issue.
Ya.its true that we have very bad roads and bunch of ill mannered people in here,who just know how to buy a vehicle but doesn't really know the responsibility to the society,to their own family and to everybody who can be effected by it.
ABS and AIRBAGS are must and they should be on top priority before buying any vehicle.

Same thing happened to me but the difference being a drunk man jumped infront of my car. Was doing 40kmph when he stood at the side and decided to jump infront of my car. Luckily i was aware of the situation and got control of the situation. Did not get down as it was of no use talking to a semi conscious guy.

Haha,nothing new at all.
This is something which I have also encountered many times,either its a man or a dog.they just come in front of the car and expect us to stop and I love passing my car from just some millimeters away from them.

Last time when this happened to me I was driving a 'Nano',the biker came in front of the car and then I saved him after making my car cross the divider through a gap(from which he emerged) and stopped in the wrong side facing the oncoming traffic.
I came out of the car and he was starting the bike to escape.I sat in the car and followed and stopped him kicked his bike and made him fell and gave him very tight slaps as a lesson.
These people are those who die due to their own mistakes and then spoil the life of the car driver also.

Top Bottom