About to Book Tata Indigo CS (ABS): Now Booked Vista QJD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16
1] The smoothness of manza.

2] the turbo punch of manza, (man it was seductive like dating a beautiful girl.)[;)]

3] The feel of space and amazing suspension.Good bye potholes.

4] The brakes of manza are even better than my honda unicorn and trust me thats saying alot about it.

All in all , Indigo e-CS VX is not a bad car, it does everything as you like it to do, the mileage of 25 kmpl is tantalizing for sure, but mark my words (and remember i am a tata Aria fan) Manza is the best tata car ever.So if you miss it this time you will know in due course that you have missed something special.But anyways whatever you choose my best wishes for your new car.[:)]

Thank you X-OVER for giving the characteristics of MAnza.

I've a doubt. Is vista has the same characteristics of MANZA?As both of cars have the same engine

ilango[speed thirst];115827 said:
What !! 7.10 in chennai.
though i have not compared , but heard the punto cost 70k cheaper in pondicherry.

Base model punto and base model manza was same priced . Though myself and uncle was inclined a bit to punto , whole of family was for manza.
same price big car.

our on road was 5.98 L and no discount at all. except the tcs offer. car is registered in my sister name.!
Ilango you got wonderful machine for low cost when campare to TN. i'm jealous on you.

In Pondy the tax is very very low, My cousins from Cuddalore brought Apache & Splender from Pondy for low cost, when compare to TN.

Even my Cousins suggested me to buy bike from pondy, but i need my hometown Reg. in my numberplate. [evil]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #17
Friends,

Today I discussed with my dad through phone regarding Manza. As we are planning to built a home in Vellore next year, we are unable to extend our budget & In my present home space for car parking is Exactly 4mtrs[frustration]. so we not able to park my favorite BIG MANZA in my home.

Then my dad suggested Vista, even both cars having same Engine. why not we go for Vista?. but here the boot is the biggest problem for me.

As we used indica, i feel the boot space is same for both Indica & Vista. we used to jampack my indica boot with luggages for long journey. I decided to do the same thing in Vista also.

After all of your suggestions about Manza I dont want to miss the "FIAT ENGINE", at the same time i'm unable to buy Manza also. so I decided to go for NEW VISTA.

Engine is more Important than boot. So i'm changing & scarifying my requirement according to the situation.
Now tell me guys.

The new VISTA has came with some cosmotic changes. The refreshed VISTA looks Excellent.

Shall I go for Vista inspite of IndigoCS ? [glasses]

Tell me the Characteristics & comfortness of VISTA. Is it suitable for long Journey?

^^
Close your eyes and go for the new Vista, you won't repent any bit of it.Also remeber e-CS is based upon the same V2 platform, it is literally V2 with a boot, but Vista is a whole new car.But dear Appu, go with your dad to the nearest tata dealership, and TD both these two cars, and finally choose according to your likings and requirements.Remember never buy any car without proper test drive.Hoping to see your ownership review soon.[:)]

Thread Starter #19
^^
Close your eyes and go for the new Vista, you won't repent any bit of it.Also remeber e-CS is based upon the same V2 platform, it is literally V2 with a boot, but Vista is a whole new car.But dear Appu, go with your dad to the nearest tata dealership, and TD both these two cars, and finally choose according to your likings and requirements.Remember never buy any car without proper test drive.Hoping to see your ownership review soon.[:)]
As i mentioned earlier i already done TD on both cars, but my Heart says to go for VISTA, but due to boot space only i planned to go for CS. after all your suggestion about manza. My heart never compromise to leave FIAT ENGINE. so i planned to go VISTA.

Definetely i'll post my ownership report soon[:)]

@Appu..

slightly off topic. it is none of my business to suggest you something regarding the construction of your new house. but what i'd suggest is to make the parking area a little longer and wider so that you can accommodate bigger cars in future(if you buy one). do not confine the parking area to just 4m in length. you never know, you could buy an SUV in 5yrs. where would you park your car then?!

Now, coming to the topic, i am the owner of a Vista QJD AURA ABS. 3 months of ownership has been quite good. other than the turbo lag, i found everything very nice in the engine, the pick-up and the refinement including NVH. the OE sound system is bakwas. one of the poorest OE systems around. my suggestion, upgrade speakers or add amplifiers. for your budget of 6lacs, you should choose Vista QJD VX.

cheers!!

Thread Starter #22
@Appu..

slightly off topic. it is none of my business to suggest you something regarding the construction of your new house. but what i'd suggest is to make the parking area a little longer and wider so that you can accommodate bigger cars in future(if you buy one). do not confine the parking area to just 4m in length. you never know, you could buy an SUV in 5yrs. where would you park your car then?!
Currently we are in the home for lease, so not able to alter the parking area. In my new home we will definetely leave space to park 2 cars as well as three bikes. This time I may go for small car, Actually my aim is to OWN SAFARI in future.surely i'll buy that beast one day. [;)]

Now, coming to the topic, i am the owner of a Vista QJD AURA ABS. 3 months of ownership has been quite good. other than the turbo lag, i found everything very nice in the engine, the pick-up and the refinement including NVH. the OE sound system is bakwas. one of the poorest OE systems around. my suggestion, upgrade speakers or add amplifiers. for your budget of 6lacs, you should choose Vista QJD VX.

cheers!!

Thanks for your advice on Vista. two quick question,
1. How is the handling of Vista at high speeds(100+)?
2. Is possible to install Subwoofer in Parcel tray?

appu said:
Thanks for your advice on Vista. two quick question,
1. How is the handling of Vista at high speeds(100+)?
2. Is possible to install Subwoofer in Parcel tray?
1> vista handles well even at high speeds. i have touched a max of 140kmph. did not go any faster because my parents were around [;)]
2> you are asking the wrong person about ICE. i have little or no idea about speaker/woofer/tweeter etc. you can definitely ask ICE gurus here in the forum. i am enjoying the stock HU and speakers. they are working fine

Thread Starter #24
1> vista handles well even at high speeds. i have touched a max of 140kmph. did not go any faster because my parents were around [;)]
Thats why i hate centre console, In my Indica itself my dad will watch my speed sometimes.if it comes in centre, not only my dad everyone in car can able to know about my speed[frustration]

lol.chill! i did not go beyond above 140kmph not because the console is at the centre. it was only my due responsibility to take care of the fellow passengers with me [;)]
the central console poses no threat to anyone unless you are overspeeding when elders are around! :D it gives u a commanding view of the road ahead.

Thread Starter #26
lol.chill! i did not go beyond above 140kmph not because the console is at the centre. it was only my due responsibility to take care of the fellow passengers with me [;)]
the central console poses no threat to anyone unless you are overspeeding when elders are around! :D it gives u a commanding view of the road ahead.

I agree, for Indian road conditions 120km/hr is enough high speed. In my Indica I never crossed 130km/hr. For my dad 100km/hr is high speed in
Abandoned highway.

^^
AppU sub-woofer can be installed on parcel trays, but for that you will need to change to little bit more solid parcel tray.But recently when I visited ICE shop to install sub-woofer the shopkeeper told me that now sub-woofer are out of fashion and most ICE fanatics prefer a drum kind of device that is housed on the boot of the car, if you need to carry luggage then you can also remove it easily.

Sorry Guys I missed all of you! These days I am really busy and was not able to log on to TAI!
Hi Appu, I got your message on my thread, well I got my Vista on 22nd July 2011 and now the ODO reads 8K kms. Till Date I haven't faced any issues be it performance, Handling, Drive-ability or safety.Haven't spent a single penny on maintenance till date and I am sure till 30 k kms ( free service period) I will not spend except for Oil and Oil filters.

Regarding mileage I am getting 18-19 kmpl with 4-5 adults on board with full time AC on,mostly Highway running.(Pune -Mumbai-Pune trips twice a week) with which I am quite satisfied.

Your concern over boot space is valid, it has got 232 ltrs of boot space, which i sufficient for my family, unless someone going outside India and carrying luggage to the Airport.
Still you can utilize the 60:40 flip rear seat, if you need to carry more luggage instead of 5th passenger.
As Compared to Indigo CS, I will definitely suggest Vista quadrajet, huge refinement, Comfort and driving pleasure.This is my personal opinion and it is subjective. I have also driven/traveled in Indigo CS and thats why I can compare both of them.One of my relative who works with Tata Motors in Pune Owns Indigo CS, he is not very satisfied with the Maintenance issues with CR4 engine, otherwise the car is Value for money, in terms of FE, space, built quality.
My suggestion is Vista VX! Still if you want any further information you can call me , I guess you have my number! Cheers
Thanks!

@XOVER,

Is we can add those drum kind device, with OE music player?
Yes why not !! but you will need to install amplifier in your car, but make sure work is done by experienced electrician and no wires should be cut while fitting all these stuff.Why don't you contact karthickramu ,he recently has fitted all these stunning ICE fittings from a shop at Chennai.

PS: Go through karthickramu's thread on ownership section of our forum, also contact him VIA PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom