Bharat-Benz: Facts & Figures

Thread Starter #1
As there are so many truckers and truck-makers [like Eicher ,Tata and many more ( but no one made good looking trucks don't know about there performance )] in India
Benz skipped the CARS and singing up in the truck segment.

827837_1528859_658_230_Logo_BharatBenz_quer.jpg

A quot from it's site =>
"" A new era in Indian trucking has arrived.

Backed by 125 years of innovation, BharatBenz trucks come from the house of Daimler, the inventors of the truck.

BharatBenz is committed to the Indian customer and trucking industry needs. Built based on globally proven platforms - Mercedes-Benz Axor & Fuso Canter, BharatBenz trucks are engineered for consistent performance giving unmatched reliability. These trucks are specially built in India, built for India, to meet the needs of the Indian customer.

Engineering excellence is at the core of these robustly built trucks. They are designed after a careful study of the Indian road and load conditions, empowering truckers to conquer every terrain; helping them to deliver more, deliver economically and deliver fast.

BharatBenz will give you exceptional trucking solutions that will power you ahead.
""
from bharatbenz.com

And I have a que.
Why they are calling it a tractor ?

tractor4928.jpg

Re: About The BHARATBENZ and It's Trucks

This topic is already in discussion.

And I have a que.
Why they are calling it a tractor ?
It's called the tractor because it is kind of power-house.

[like Eicher ,Tata and many more ( but no one made good looking trucks don't know about there performance )]
They are at the PAR in performance and they are mainly into giving VFM products.Don't know how Mercs perform and the main criteria lies in the pricing.

Daimler India commences Actros truck production at its Chennai plant The truck market in India is all set to witness some serious battle for sales with the entry of Daimler competing with local giants such as Tata Motors and Ashok Leyland. Now it has been reported in The Business Line that Daimler India Commercial Vehicles has commenced production of Mercedes-Benz Actros trucks from its manufacturing facility at Oragadam, Chennai.
According to the report, the first Mercedes-Benz Actros 4841K rolled out from the new assembly line at the Oragadam facility on August 31. It was reported that the Actros is positioned as a vehicle for tough mining operations. The commercial launch is expected this year. It was also reported that the company has tied up with Gmmco Ltd, a C.K. Birla Group company, to streamline the support mechanism for its trucks. Gmmco has been involved in sales and support of construction, mining equipment and engine power systems for over 40 years.

The report stated that Gmmco will service all Mercedes-Benz Actros trucks across the country. It will provide 24X7 on-site service support in all mining locations where Actros trucks operate. On-site container workshops will be set up in select locations with facilities for advanced after-sales support. Full-fledged workshops will be set up near major mining locations to provide support, the release said.

Daimler India commences Actros truck production at its Chennai plant | WheelsUnplugged

^^ great news visran, till today we could see those trucks testing a lot. waiting for these to hit the roads.

^^ great news visran, till today we could see those trucks testing a lot. waiting for these to hit the roads.
It will be concentrated mainly for mining industry and not for the trailer market.

It will be concentrated mainly for mining industry and not for the trailer market.
Oh, i thought MB launches trucks in every segment to capture the market, i remember seeing Trailers, Short Chassis trucks when i had been to Vellore three weeks ago.

Oh, i thought MB launches trucks in every segment to capture the market, i remember seeing Trailers, Short Chassis trucks when i had been to Vellore three weeks ago.
The above mentioned segment will be captured by Bharath Benz brand and not the Mercedes.

BharatBenz launches its trucks in India from 15.7 lakhs

Service centers will have beds for drivers to relax at night, recreation area and pantry.
Each service center is consistent in terms of design and just 300 km away from one another.

Tailor-made finance solutions called ‘BharatBenz financial’ launches along with the brand.
The company has tied up with ICICI, HDFC, Sundaram and Kotak for financing solutions.
BharatBenz as a brand

BharatBenz did not showcase its range at the Auto Expo as it wanted a bigger display area. The debut happened in Hyderabad earlier this year.
There are 14 models/platforms following into India in the next 17 months.
The three trucks launching today are 2523R, 3123R and 2523C.
These products are about 10% more fuel economical than the existing players
The products feature a 6-cylinder engine with 230HP.
BharatBenz truck prices (ex-showroom, pan-India)

2523 model – 15.7 to 17.2 lakhs
3123 model – 18.7 to 20.2 lakhs

Read more: BharatBenz launches its trucks in India from 15.7 lakhs

Attachments

I am a rookie when it comes to commercial vehicles however i feel the Bharat Benz truck stated above lie in the Tata LPS 4018, LPS 3516/Tata Prima segment for which one would ave to shell about 18-22lacs. So anyday, these trucks are far better than the Tatas, not very sure about Navistar series.

Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV), subsidiary of Daimler, Germany, has relaunched itself in the Indian market. Marc Llistosella, managing director and chief executive officer, speaks to Swaraj Baggonkar at its launch of made-in-India trucks. Edited excerpts:

You are starting with how many units?

Three models for the time being but that is the problem — we should have all the 17 models on sale, then we look good. But we will have to go step by step.

So, how many more can one expect?

After six-seven years, we are getting impatient I want to see the fruits of all our hard work. The next launch can happen in a few months. We are making sure we have four. Then, next year, we will have nine or 10 and eventually, in the first quarter of 2014, one or two or even more.

Your pricing is marginally above those offered by Tata Motors.

Our 2523 truck is priced at Rs 15.7-17.2 lakh. Our trucks offer better power, with the best mileage compared to any truck on sale in India. The customer has to pay only that much extra but what he gets in return is much more, so we had to price out products at a slight premium.

You are not looking at the 1-tonne light truck segment, where all the action is?

We are not there yet. We are focused on the medium and heavy duty truck segment but we might have it later.
Foreign auto brands, especially in the passenger vehicle segment, have struggled to gain a foothold in India. This means it is not easy to penetrate the local market. This is a challenge for DICV.
There was Hindustan Motors much before Maruti but where are they today? I would not say India is static; the only thing is that you cannot make an easy win. You really have to get a way out of what you are dealing with and that means lot of study.

But getting market share away from the bigger players would be a challenge.

You cannot pull a product from a foreign market and decide to have it here; that's never going to work. This is why I say India is an extremely exciting market. One of the CV players has up to 90 per cent market share in some pockets. Is it not possible for a new player to have a role to play there?

What is the capacity of the manufacturing plant in Chennai?

The plant is at Oragadam, near Chennai, and tuned to produce 36,000 units per year. We will achieve that capacity in two years and then look at further expansion.

We're getting impatient but there's no easy win here: Marc Llistosella

found something weird (may be only for me)
I didn't know that trucks have 8 gears..
"8 gears" is not a BIG number for heavy trucks buddy.
Eaton & ZF supply 9 speed GB for Indian trucks & Volvo has 12 & 16 speed gearboxes

Daimler India Set Up First Solar Panel Plant

Daimler India set up its first solar panel plant in the city of Chennai.

The 300 kilowatt solar power plant will utilize polycrystalline silicon modules and will be connected to the area’s power grid. The power produced by the panel will be used by the company’s commercial vehicle production facility which started production in April 2012. Besides the manufacturing plants, Daimler India also has an integrated development and research center and also a test track in this area.

The plant in Chennai manufactures the BharathBenz trucks and has a production capacity of 36,000 units annually, but is able to produce as many as 70,000 units annually at full capacity. Daimler India invested around $750,000 in the solar panel plant, which complies with the new state regulation. The Tamil Nadu Solar Energy Policy 2012 requests companies to use 3% of their electricity needs through solar energy by December 2013 and at least 6% by 2014.

“Seen with regard to the overall power demand of the plant, the panels are providing 2.8% of the current demand,” said Florian Laudan, head of communications at Daimler India. “With the price deterioration of panels and its efficiency increase, we are thinking of doing more. It will be insane not to do it. We would love to be the first green manufacturer of trucks in the world.”
Daimler India Set Up First Solar Panel Plant

What is that "C' stands (Opp to Reverse gear) for in the gear lever picture?
C= "crawl" correct me if I am wrong here.

Its like a Low ratio (4L) gear box in 4X4s. When the truck cant move in 1st gear, shift to C

Top Bottom