A True Gentleman and Leader – Sir Ratan Tata

Ratan Tata is still a living legend and is also a back bone for TATA friends, it really takes lot of time for Mistry to fill that gap and till then Mr.Ratan Tata always be there behind TATA I wish[:)]

350Z

Core Team
Re: A True Gentleman and Leader – Sir Ratan Tata

Federation of Automobile Dealers Association has honored Mr.Tata with Lifetime Contribution Award for his contribution in growth and development of Indian auto sector.

Press Release:
In view of his invaluable contribution to the growth, development and success of Indian auto industry, Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) honoured Mr Ratan Tata, Chairman Emeritus, Tata Sons with the LIFE-TIME CONTRIBUTION AWARD. The award was presented in person by a team of FADA members led by Mr Mohan Himatsingka, President, FADA in the office of Mr Ratan Tata at Mumbai today.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr Mohan Himatsingka, President, FADA, said, “Thanks to the vision, determination and pioneering efforts of industry leaders like Mr Ratan Tata, the Indian auto industry has come of age and carved out a niche for itself in global automotive space. The current slowdown notwithstanding, the Indian growth story is making waves all over the world. The automobile retail trade in India owes a lot to Mr Ratan Tata for the leadership and direction provided by him over the years.”

“The home-grown OEMs such as Tata Motors, Bajaj Auto, and Mahindra & Mahindra are conquering new frontiers across the world. The Indian vehicle manufacturers, backed by a fast developing domestic auto component industry, have risen to the challenge and stood up to the technological and financial might of global auto majors. The fact that Indian automobile companies are giving the global auto giants a run for their money speaks volumes of the engineering and R&D capabilities as well as the managerial acumen and entrepreneurial skills of Indian industry.”

Mr K V S Prakash, Vice President added, “There is no doubt that both Mr Ratan Tata enjoys an iconic status in the Indian industry. His business acumen, ethical business practices and excellent corporate governance track record, have earned him laurels and accolades not only in India but across the globe. Therefore, we are honoured and privileged to present the Life Time Contribution Award to Mr Ratan Tata.”

The other members of FADA team, who were present on the occasion, included Mr Rakesh Jain, Mr Vinay Nevatia, Mr Kailash Gupta, Mr Binod Agarwal and Mr Nikunj Sanghi – all Past Presidents of FADA; Mr Mukesh Jain, Hony Treasurer, FADA; and Council Members – Mr Sundeep Bafna, Mr Dilip Patil, Mr Vinay Sanghi and Mr A**** Jain.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Maybe this news is bit old, but perfect place to share this -

Queen confers Knight Grand Cross on Ratan Tata

Ratan Tata, the former chairman of the Tata Group which is one of the largest employers in Britain, has been honoured by Queen Elizabeth with a GBE (Knight Grand Cross), one of the UK’s highest civilian awards.

“The Queen has been graciously pleased to approve the following honorary British awards in 2014... GBE for Ratan Naval Tata, KBE, for services to UK/India relations, inward investment to the UK and philanthropy,” an announcement by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) said on Thursday.

Mr. Tata (76) is the only Indian among five foreigners to be awarded as part of the ‘Honorary British Awards to Foreign Nationals’ for 2014, others including Japanese and Greek nationals for services to economic and cultural ties with the UK.

Mr. Tata, who now holds the honorary position of Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons, had been conferred a KBE (Knight Commander) by the Queen back in 2009 — a year after the Indian conglomerate under his chairmanship had acquired the flagging British luxury car brands Jaguar Land Rover (JLR).

The Tata Group has since revived the fortunes of the company and also emerged as one of the largest employers in Britain, employing nearly 60,000 people across the country.

British Prime Minister David Cameron, whose office would be behind this year’s honour recommendations to the Queen, has often praised the Tatas for single-handedly lifting Britain’s manufacturing fortunes.

Earlier this year, he hailed JLR as a “great story” of the 500 million pounds investment by Tata Motors in a new plant in the West Midlands region.

Mr. Cameron had said: “This is a great story of the future of Britain. We congratulate Jaguar Land Rover for the investment they are making, which epitomises what we need to happen to the British economy.

“With 85 per cent of production going overseas, everything that is being done here is what we want. This shows Britain has an amazing high—tech, advanced manufacturing future. We are very excited.”

Besides his business contributions, Mr. Tata is also recognised for his contributions across various fields in the UK including academia.

The Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship, now in its 18th year, works in collaboration with the London School of Economics to offer an eight—month fellowship to scholars in the social sciences with experience of research on South Asia to work at the LSE Asia Research Centre (ARC).

Source - Queen confers Knight Grand Cross on Ratan Tata - The Hindu

Re: A True Gentleman and Leader – Sir Ratan Tata

What Ratan Tata did for the Mumbai victims... what every Indian should know!
Ratan Tata is the chairman of Indian Hotels who own the Taj Mahal Hotel Mumbai, which was the target of the terrorists ..................... that the organization would spend several hundred crore in re-building the property – why not spend equally on the employees who gave their life?
This is NOT COVERED BY Any NEWS CHANNELS !
I Salute Mr. Ratan Tata.
Source : Facebook
That was a very well-deserved appreciation for one of our leading citizens and industrialists. I too, like millions of our countrymen, have held Mr. Tata in high regard. I just wish the recent unsavory controversy - indeed one can say washing dirty linen in public! - concerning the sacking of Mr. Cyrus Mistry & its aftermath had never happened to cast a shadow across that hallowed name.

Another reason I hold Mr. Tata in such high regard is because he had seen the real malaise that had set in within the company (the automobile division). As Raviraj has quoted so aptly in his post above "Another disappointment I can't get away from is the relative lack of passion I see in the company today in the passenger car area. I might be little long winded on this subject, but I've always felt that cars are emotive products that strike you with their design and overall driving experience. They are enchanting things that make you feel special.
A car is not a coffee making machine, it's a total experience."

And thus spoke a true car buff. I can only hope (along with the whole army of enthusiasts in the country!) - that with the recent acquisition of JLR, Tata Motors can shine once again. And please do not let the Nano die! It is an iconic design and deserves to be developed thoroughly. As I have mentioned in an earlier thread in another forum - a RWD, rear-engined little urban runabout is just what is needed. The FWD hatch-back has about run its course and the time is ripe for a RWD revival. And why shouldn't India show the way![:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom