A Trip To Ooty in My Beast

Thread Starter #1
Hello folks, this was a long pending travelogue.

Once i got my car, me and 2 of my friends (our fellow member vvkalyan was also present) who accompanied me to my hometown planned to visit Ooty, which is pretty near from my home (About 95 KMs).
The ODO reading was just 400 KMs. And thats the reason why the SE recommended not to drive in hill stations till 1000 Kms mark is acheived.

Petrol was already filled (Since i got my delivery with full tank petrol). So, we went on the first so called trip with my beast.

The Route: Coonoor Ghat (National Highway 67)
We started our journey by 7 AM and had a hefty breakfast in a hotel near my place.

There was a bit of traffic untill Mettupalayam (The foothill town of Ooty). Once we reached near the ghat road, we parked the car in Kallar (Just before the ghat road begins) and decided to have a tender coconut. But, we were scared away by Monkeys. So, we decided to push forward.
The road was well laid and was a good stretch to drive on. Since we took this trip in January end, i presume that the roads were prepared well for the Ooty season (Starts in March).

We took a break for photo shoot in the 3rd hair pin bend. Here are few pics from the first break:

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
On the second break, we took it at a waterfalls. The place is just before Glendale Estate's enterance.
Few pics from that place:

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
We took the next break at my favorite tea shop in a place called "Katteri Junction". I was used to this tea shop during our crazy midnight bike rides during college days.
Here are few pics from that place:

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
Total travel time was about 3.5 hours. We reached Ooty by 11 AM.
Once we reached Ooty, we fist went to Botanical Garden.
Since we decided to visit few more places, we spent time only on few important spots in the garden.

Next stop was shopping in King's - A home made chocolate shop. Once the shopping was done, we headed to my favorite Chinese restaurant - Shinkows (I remember recommending it to few of our fellow TAI-gers).
We 3 were lost in the authentic chinese food and forgot that we did have a meal for about 2 hours. LOL!!!

Next stop was to visit Boat house. We did check out and noticed that it was over crowded because of some school excursion. So, we skipped it.
We then started to wander around Ooty and few recollection of my childhood days.

Later in the evening about 4 PM, we started our journey back to my place. The return journey was pretty tiresome as we were having a fun filled day right from 7 AM.
We reached back home in about 2.5 hours.

I was not much curious to check out my beast's potential since i was curious to drive my car than exploring it. he he. One thing i understood was the power and pick-up during my up hill drive and braking during return journey.

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
awesome .!!! these pics are so tempting.!!
thanks truecitylover.
Thanks Jayadev! The quality of the pictures are not upto the mark. These were downloaded from my FB album (Just few KB's). The original set was clear (About 5-8 MB). I always have admired your photographic skills with your SLR.

good photographs are which creates the true feel in heart ,quality and skills comes second.
i am going through you shots again and again they are great..!!!

Very good travelogue truecitylover! Loved every part of it and all the pics [:)] Never mind the picture quality. It was enough to create interest. You car looks awesome in the 'Hair pin bend' pic!

Ooty has its own charm, and when it is sunny the feeling is so different and nice. How was weather there?

Thread Starter #11
good photographs are which creates the true feel in heart ,quality and skills comes second.
i am going through you shots again and again they are great..!!!
Very good travelogue truecitylover! Loved every part of it and all the pics [:)] Never mind the picture quality. It was enough to create interest. You car looks awesome in the 'Hair pin bend' pic!

Ooty has its own charm, and when it is sunny the feeling is so different and nice. How was weather there?
Thanks once again Jayadev & Thetraveller. These words are inspiring me! I always wanted to buy a SLR. Did not get a chance yet.

@Thetraveller: The trip was during late January. The climate was warm and mild. I would say it was during the end of winter.

Breathtaking clicks truecitylover[thumbsup], especially the last pic. Put up some more pics of your ride in action.

Nice travelogue Nagesh , i remember seeing these pictures in your FB album before itself. We will have a photo-session soon with our rides![cheers]

Why din't you remove the ribbon?[;)]

Thread Starter #14
Breathtaking clicks truecitylover[thumbsup], especially the last pic. Put up some more pics of your ride in action.
Thanks Akash. The last one is the one which i consider the best of the lot.

Nice travelogue Nagesh , i remember seeing these pictures in your FB album before itself. We will have a photo-session soon with our rides![cheers]
Why din't you remove the ribbon?[;)]
Yes Dhaya, these are in FB too. We can have a cool photoshoot for sure once i get either of my drives back here in Chennai. Should happen pretty soon.
The ribbons were there for few days once the car was delivered. So, we drove with the ribbons itself.

@TrueCityLover: Nice trip there , these pics are refreshing my visit to Ooty.

Yes the roads are indeed narrow from Dodabetta, isnt Coimbatore 86 kms from Dodabetta, by mistake after the signal i had went to coimbatore route.
Then again came back to the right direction.
I hope you visited Madras Regiment centre of the Army, this place strictly photos are not allowed.
There is also a golf field with scenic place.
Also the view point of Sunset is superb at this place.

Last edited:

Top Bottom