A To Z Troubleshooting Tips for Overheating Car Engine

That sounds good.Atleast they have ordered the part.If its a defect they should change it for you without any cost.

Observe the fan speed after the motor is changed.Check all details and problems before you sign and accept the car back.

That sounds good.Atleast they have ordered the part.If its a defect they should change it for you without any cost.

Observe the fan speed after the motor is changed.Check all details and problems before you sign and accept the car back.
Recent Update:

Bimal is not accepting the defect now. They called me again today morning and told fan is running as expected [anger]. I have to visit them today evening and show them the issue it seems [frustration].

They have not yet ordered the part. They told they will check with Maruti about it.

Have you sent an email to Maruti?

This is their Bangalore Office:

Bangalore
202, 2nd Floor, Embassy Classic
Vittal Mallya Road,
Bangalore - 560001
Tel: 080-4112 0017 / 18, 22127384/85
Fax: 080-22484841
Email:contact@maruti.co.in

When you go back to a garage, try comparing the speed of the fan from you can to that from another 800 or another fan motor of the same capacity.

Hi jarpickle,

I've sent a mail to Maruti yesterday.
I'll go back and compare what you've mentioned.

Also, if they still insist that there is no issue, can I ask for a written statement from Bimal telling that they did not find any issue with fan ?

What I want to do is to get the car checked from another vendor (RNS Maruti, same vendor from which my dad bought the car) and if they accept the issue, complaint to Maruti against Bimal based on it.

Yes, you can ask for a written statement.Make sure you tell them that the statement will be submitted to Maruti.This should scare them and take the issue more seriously.

Getting the car checked at another garage is a great idea.

Hi,

Went to Bimal Motors on 15th evening, spoke with the Service Manager and showed him the defect.
He saw the issue, apologized and told that the part will be replaced by them by 16th July.

On 16th got a call that the part which came for replacement was defective [;)] and they will be ordering new part and deliver the car by 17th July.

Hope the new motor works fine and the car gets delivered on the 17th.Do post pictures of the replacement motor.It will be helpful to everyone.

That's great news Puneet.Awaiting the pics tomorrow.

Did they replace the fan, shroud and motor?

Were you charged for anything?

Hi Jarpickle,

Sorry could not upload the pics today (was a little busy). I will upload it tomorrow.
They replaced the whole fan set (including shroud and motor).
I was not charged even a single penny.

Need suggestions please :)

I recently had overheating issues; the mechanic diagnosed the issue with radiator, it was cleaned and the thermostat was removed (I don't know why).

Now, the temperature gauge doesn't go up. But, when the engine heats and the fan kicks in, there is a vibration and the vehicle switches off. This doesn't happen everyday, but may be twice or thrice in a week. This happens only when the vehicle is stopped in a traffic signal or when i am changing the gears (my foot is off accelerator) and doesn't happen when the vehicle is running in gears.

The mechanic said, there could be an issue with coil and he cleaned them.

I am really confused what could be the issue.

Please help.

Top Bottom