A Short Notice for May 1st Meet at Yelagiri

Wonderful snaps. Hope you all had a nice time. Awaiting the complete set of photos.
Will join for the next meet with my new ride.

It was definitely a wonderful meet with Like and lovely minded people! Dhaya, the pictures have come out really well. Thanks for posting it! As usual, the meet was arranged well and everyone had a wonderful time indeed. I guess everyone has started to become more of a family and we want this family to grow. A personal thanks to Appu and everyone who made this meet possible.

Protuners, am not sure whether we are aware of a meet happening in delhi, please do check the automotive meets section! :)

Rock on!

I had a good time. Fantastic meet as usual. Chennai/TN Rocks.

About TAIgers

Appu
Meet organizer of TAI. Great. He is ready to find some gap for meet and really he makes it. Thanks appu for the wonderful meet. And he is very nice and special to me. He is the fist TAIger I met in Chennai Trade center in one of the Auto Expo.

Dhaya
As usual. Jovial and humble always. I know him from my first meet at vellore (i think 2012) and always keep me posted about happenings in TAI and never forgets to invite me for the meet.

Saro
at the first meet itself he got closer and really happy being friend with him. And more over he is my kind when it comes to food. Keep cracking jokes very often. You should see how he takes up with Dhaya (being long time friend he is very close to him)

Madhu
No word to explain his enthu towards photography. Most of the time he will lay on the road or floor whereever and whenever. He does n't even think once to do that. If he wants some pic in specific angle he just do it. I was speechless. Even though I have passion towards photography, while seeing his enthu mine is no where. And you can see all the clicks which is terrific. I think most of the TAIgers got their profile pics clicked this time. Courtesy to Madhu.

Krish
I think I should be the first TAIger he has met. I took him along with me to mini meet at Chrompet when Smooth Rider was here. Very calm. He was very calm at the first meet and I can see how he had transformed into a very enthusiastic TAIger(the picture in which he jumps up the car is the proof). And in this meet most of the motion pics he clicked from the car which I was driving. I was keep on insisting him on his safety since he was literally hanging out of the window. And he should ahve clicked some 100s of pictures thru left ORVM. We had traveled together up-to vellore as well in return along with Karthik.

Karthik
Wow, I do not know whether I will be like him if I got a new car. He voluntarily came forward and ask "Anybody want to drive my ES?" I think that is fantastic attitude. And I had opportunity to drive his ES from Chennai to Vellore. It was awesome experience. He is one of Entertainer of this meet. He entertains a lot others. Thanks for that Karthik.

Pradeep
Man, i thought Raj is the only kid around us (actually when I met raj for first time i thought this guy is fooling us by telling that he is in college, he was such a look) but now when I see pradeep, I think Raj is better. Again not complaining pradeep, it shows your interest in automotive and making new friends. You are very nice with every TAIgers (Ellarayum nalla seya vitta[;)]) Just kidding. But concentrate on studies also which is very important.

Dinesh
Calm personality, but he is very responsible. never forgets to click all important things happening in TAI and keep posting them in whatsup, a live posting. (Starting from my pic with the caption, Sethu is Busy and chicken 65 pic) Thanks Dinesh, we need such a person in every meet who can keep doing this job of updating fellow members when other participants are busy.

About Rides

I had an oppurtunity to take control of vista and ES.

Ecosport

Actual we met Karthik and his ES after pondhamallle junction in Bangalore higway. He was waiting for us for more than 30 minutes (he was desperate for tea). After we had our breakfast at Motel highway, we all came out and chit chating for few minutes. And we all about to start, he just asked karthik and myself about driving his ES. I was very much eager to try that small beast and immediately i raised my hand. I drove from Chennai to vellore.

I think it is real and good SUV for Salaried people (upper clause) After driving my spark, when I sat in this car I was feeling like I was in top of the road. very good road visibility. For me this is the second diesel car am drving for long distance (first was Varun's Enjoy during our pune trip). Varun only thought me about turbo. I enjoyed the turbo power in this ES also. Superb. I was showing some hesitation about crossing 100 (which the speed looks normal while comparing with my Spark) but karthik asked me not worry and I can go up-to 140. But I did only up-to 120 and it went like knife in butter.

It has seat height adjustment, but I did not try it. Hope to check it next time. AC was fantastic. Some of my friends used to say my Spark also got good AC, but ES is better than mine i think. Steering was smooth and horn pad was in middle fo the wheel, and I did not find any issue. Gear rod throw is also very less while comparing with the vehicle i had driven.

most of the time i was looking into the center part for console (my spark has center console) and then realized it is in front.

I did not had any problem with indicator of high beam since mine also has the some type (left indicator and head light, right wiper controls)

Only problem was A pillar, but I got used to it since I have some blind spots even in my sparky because of a pillar.

Karthik, pls check with that sun shade. I am really sorry about that.

Vista

For first time I am driving vista, its a spacious car. Good road view. Steering was light as ES. Console was same like my spark it is also in center. Alloys are great. Especially when you see it rotating. Heavy built. I drove this white horse from vellore upto vaniyambadi thru country roads and from vaniyambadi to yelagiri in ghat roads. It was really nice to zip thru those roads.

Only thing I found was pulling power in some places. In some hairpin bend I had to come down to first gear. May be if Appu was driving he could have managed differently since it is his car, but for me I felt the pinch. But that too only starting, after that it goes like anything.

Jetta
I did not have opportunity to drive this Luxury, hope next time I will try to. But then I had an opportunity to ride in this for short distance from Dhaya's house to Motel highway and return from the same place to his house. And even after our pune trip i had opportunity with come from Bangalore. It was a awesome experience. Thanks for the lift dhaya.

Verna
Actually Madhu picked myself and karthik from our place and gave a ride upto Dhaya's house. I could n't observe much about this but in future I will.

In total, I had a good time. i was the only one not into the average age group of this meet, but no one treats me like that. Hope I was giving you guys enough company. Might be calm at a times, (something personal) hope to participate more in the up-coming meets.

In this meet more or less I had travelled with every one, Karthik, krish, dinesh, appu, ranjit and Madhu . But did not ride with Dhaya, Saro, and pradeep. Hope next time let me also join with you guys for the fun part.

Vinodh Ji! I did take some pics, but the credit should be given to our karthik Krish ji first for trying them and also capturing a lot of shots!

Sethu ji! it was indeed a pleasure riding with you and we will always be part of a big group and drive more happy miles ahead! Had some really good times!

Thread Starter #21
Wonderful snaps. Hope you all had a nice time. Awaiting the complete set of photos.
Will join for the next meet with my new ride.
Yes Mr.Boss, We had a awesome time there.

Eagerly expecting you with your new ride for next meet.

I had a good time. Fantastic meet as usual. Chennai/TN Rocks.

About TAIgers

Appu
Meet organizer of TAI. Great. He is ready to find some gap for meet and really he makes it. Thanks appu for the wonderful meet. And he is very nice and special to me. He is the fist TAIger I met in Chennai Trade center in one of the Auto Expo.
Thank you for your Kind words Sethu Ji. I'm really glad to hear those words from you[:)]

Vista

For first time I am driving vista, its a spacious car. Good road view. Steering was light as ES. Console was same like my spark it is also in center. Alloys are great. Especially when you see it rotating. Heavy built. I drove this white horse from vellore upto vaniyambadi thru country roads and from vaniyambadi to yelagiri in ghat roads. It was really nice to zip thru those roads.

Only thing I found was pulling power in some places. In some hairpin bend I had to come down to first gear. May be if Appu was driving he could have managed differently since it is his car, but for me I felt the pinch. But that too only starting, after that it goes like anything.
Again Thanks for the detailed review about Vista.

Yes, Vista is really a perfect car for Highways those who want to travel with Comfort.

Vista is having a excellent Torque. I could have sit with you when you driving Vista. so that you may came to know Vista's Characteristic fully. Sorry for that. Next time, I'll let you know how to behave with Vista.

One single word guys. Awesome. Credits to Karthik and Madhu. Without you guys this would n't have been so memorable. Superb. Now I am thinking why i did n't bring my Sparky there[frustration]

Guys plan for Prarthana Drive in meet soon.

Top Bottom