A Reality Check: How Many of Us Actually Wear Seat Belts?

Do you wear your seat belt?

• Total voters

350Z

Core Team
@ Cooldhaya
You need to wear your seatbelts even more so because your Verna doesnt have airbags.
There’s nothing about wearing them “More” or “Less”. In fact, if the car is equipped with airbags and occupants have not buckled up, it could rather turn into a major tragedy.

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended
What i meant was that since your car doesnt have airbags to absorb the impact, you need seatbelts even more.

In fact, if the car is equipped with airbags and occupants have not buckled up, it could rather turn into a major tragedy.
Please explain.

Thread Starter #34
What i meant was that since your car doesnt have airbags to absorb the impact, you need seatbelts even more.
1. Not wearing your seatbelt is risky.
2. Not having airbags but wearing seatbelts is not too risky.
3. Wearing your seatbelt and driving is safe.
4. Wearing your seatbelts and having an airbag is extra-safe.
5. Not wearing your seatbelt and having airbags is too unsafe.

If someone had to choose between a. not wearing seat belts in a car without airbags and 2. not wearing seat belts in a car with airbags, I'd say option 1 is safer.

350Z

Core Team
Please explain.
If the occupant has not worn the seat belts and in case of an accident the airbag deploys, the occupant could directly bump on it, causing the airbag to blow up and becoming a killer bag instead. In all the manuals of cars (which are equipped with airbags), Mostly it is clearly stated to wear seat belts along. Also, for the safety purposes, in some cars, the airbags do not function if driver and passengers are not buckled up.

Drive Safe,
350Z

surprised to see all except myself and cooldaya wears seat belt!!!!!good to hear.

indeed I had seen none of my friends use seat belt and in a small town like ours no police cares about it.

From now onwards I will also wear seat belt for sure .

Thread Starter #37
surprised to see all except myself and cooldaya wears seat belt!!!!!good to hear.

indeed I had seen none of my friends use seat belt and in a small town like ours no police cares about it.

From now onwards I will also wear seat belt for sure .
Good decision buddy. But no Sabaash.[evil]

Still surprised whether you all guys are telling the truth or lying [evil] (just kidding guys no offence)

Except me and cooldaya

If it is the truth sabassh[clap]

Last edited by a moderator:
1) I cannot drive without seatbelts even for 1km. (except for parking in jam pack areas, that too only when I have to turn around!) However my dad can drive forever w/o seatbelts, but now a days due to strict law here in Mumbai, he have started wearing seatbealts.
2) I cannot drive my car or bike w/o side mirrors.
I need them badly, especially because in bike I keep attention back also, God knows, anyone can come(truck or bus wallas in hways) and knock bikers down! In car they acts as a judgemet for me in traffic so as to kmow how much space is on both the sides!
3) I cannot drive my car or bike w/o horn.
4) I cannot drive my bike w/o side indicators.
Whenever I am driving, I never drive in one lane, I keep on changing lanes(I know its a bad habbit), but all thanks to playing computer games like NFS and all!!

'Disclaimer: I hereby agree that the above mentioned points are 100% true, and they are not false statement. Any one can investigate and find this truth!!'[lol]

Thread Starter #42
1) I cannot drive without seatbelts even for 1km. (except for parking in jam pack areas, that too only when I have to turn around!) However my dad can drive forever w/o seatbelts, but now a days due to strict law here in Mumbai, he have started wearing seatbealts.
2) I cannot drive my car or bike w/o side mirrors.
I need them badly, especially because in bike I keep attention back also, God knows, anyone can come(truck or bus wallas in hways) and knock bikers down! In car they acts as a judgemet for me in traffic so as to kmow how much space is on both the sides!
3) I cannot drive my car or bike w/o horn.
4) I cannot drive my bike w/o side indicators.
Whenever I am driving, I never drive in one lane, I keep on changing lanes(I know its a bad habbit), but all thanks to playing computer games like NFS and all!!

'Disclaimer: I hereby agree that the above mentioned points are 100% true, and they are not false statement. Any one can investigate and find this truth!!'[lol]
For 1 , 2 and 3 Sabaash. About 4, do you use indicators while doing it?

Arun

Suspended
Raj, do you remember when we went to G-Sport for checking out seat covers for your Scorp? The look on his drivers face was amusing to say the least! 'Sablok ne seatbelt pehna? Sacchi?' :tongue:

Top Bottom