A One Day Trip to Kas Pathar - Mini Valley of Flower

[:)]Superb Trip, Enjoyed each and every pic . Please give some info about fencing and all that Extra(unwanted) stuff Govt. has put on Kaal Pathar.

Photos have come really wonderful but i feel close up pic's(macros) have gone bit out of focus .

Thread Starter #33
[:)]Superb Trip, Enjoyed each and every pic . Please give some info about fencing and all that Extra(unwanted) stuff Govt. has put on Kaal Pathar.

Photos have come really wonderful but i feel close up pic's(macros) have gone bit out of focus .
Thanks Abhi for your apprciation. Well govt. has put non sense fees on Kaas pathar. You have to left your vehicle at parking lot some 5kms before Kaas. You have to pay parking charges. Then you have to board ST bus which takes Rs. 5/person. When you reach the kaas then you have to pay entry fee plus camera charges(Mobile camera charges extra).

As already mentioned i am not a professional photographer hence close up photos are like that way. But will take care in future.

@sandy- Sorry for asking this but why is this called Valley of flowers. I see no resembles for the name.
Are there any more snaps coming out with flowers on the mountain or is there some story behind it.
It is not the valley of flowers, But, It is the plateau of flowers.The word ' Pathar' (Marathi), is a geographical term meaning plateau. I hope this solves the confusion.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35
You are very right tornado. It is actual a plateau of flowers with not much valleys around it. But it memorise us the actual valley of flowers in Uttarakhand. I myself have explored the valley of flowers and this kaas pathar is say about 10% of its beauty so it is termed as mini valley of flower of Maharashtra. Nothing more about it.

Top Bottom