A Negligent Volvo Bus Driver Smashed My ORVM

Sankar - Thanks for the details. But what I still don't get is, upgrading ICE an illegal mod? Likewise, the black roof. I understand if the whole body color was changed, but just roof? Again, underbody neons shouldn't be a concern as well, though the headlight is for sure.

Ram Sir - Sorry for going OT. Hope will close it in next post. :agree:
Underbody neons are illegal mods as it draws unwanted attention from fellow motorists which is why it's illegal. Also regarding roof it's quite clear rules by RTO office which says color of a car shouldn't be changed, if changed it should be mentioned in RC book even if it's just a part of car's surface. Regarding ICE, Transport commissioner Rishiraj Singh ordered seizing vehicles with high end ICE and to levy fines on such vehicles. But the truth was that the order was for public vehicles only (Video coaches, Cabs and luxury buses) and not private vehicles. But that was never given importance in media which meant that the only thing highlighted on the order was "No more high end ICE on vehicles". This is why i was told of my ICE being illegal. Didn't argue as the Cops their were against me from start and i felt nothing good will come out for me.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #107
Glad to hear about the driver being caught and actions taken against him.Whatever extent it happened but it surely did happened and is being appreciated.This is the starting where slowly but steadily when the noise is made it does make the effect of taking actions.
Thank you vijay. Yes, crying babies will get the milk fast.

Good to hear that you good justice.Appreciate your effort that you have taken to punish that offender.Such guys should be heavily penalized,1k is too less.Aleast they would not be maniac on roads.
Thank you patkar. I too agree with you that they should be penalized heavily, so that they will remember for sometime and won't repeat the offense.

Last edited:
Just yesterday at around 10-00 PM I was going toward Kharagpore. I could find several overnight long distance multi-axle Volvo and Merc buses racing against each other, driving dangerously on NH-6. They were scary, when they kept on tailgating my car at reasonably high speed, even when I was doing 90-100, honking from behind like mad and flashing their lights. I guess they do respect the large trucks but pay no attention to much smaller sedans. There were several of them, all bound for various destinations in Orissa (like Cuttack, Bhuwaneswar, Puri, Angul and even Ganjam). Me, my wife and my daughter were all terribly frightened. I had to reduce speed and drive more cautiously, hoping to stay out of their way. It is definitely a very bad experience. Last time in the month of May I took this road on my way to Daringbadi (in Orissa) it was after 11 O'clock in the evening and all these monsters had left. I could drive lot more pleasure.

Yesterday i was travelling in govt. bus on Expressway towards pune. I was seated in first row immediately after driver's cabin hence was having full view of road ahead. After Hinjewadi overhead bridge this guy started closely following Indica driven on left side of dual carriage way and having "L" sign on it .

At one stage a tanker overtook our bus and was in parallel to indica and our guy started continuous honking to this newbie, the indica somehow started reducing its speed and our guy was few inches behind him. My heart beat started to raise thinking that if somehow that newbie slams brakes than our guy was ready to rear end him... at last moment parallel running tanker moved ahead and our guy also overtook this indica, while overtaking i saw who is behind the wheel and it was 50+ years old man [drive]

Our bus overtook indica and again came on left ahead of that old man and lightly braked 2-3 times mischievously just to terrify that newbie. When i asked driver about this entire episode he calmly replied in marathi "Gadi chalavta yet nahi tar rastyavar kashala yetat" means "If you don’t know driving then why are you coming to roads". Hearing this I was like [shock]

Last edited:
Yesterday i was travelling in govt. bus on Expressway towards pune. I was seated in first row immediately after driver's cabin hence was having full view of road ahead. After Hinjewadi overhead bridge this guy started closely following Indica driven on left side of dual carriage way and having "L" sign on it .

At one stage a tanker overtook our bus and was in parallel to indica and our guy started continuous honking to this newbie, the indica somehow started reducing its speed and our guy was few inches behind him. My heart beat started to raise thinking that if somehow that newbie slams brakes than our guy was ready to rear end him... at last moment parallel running tanker moved ahead and our guy also overtook this indica, while overtaking i saw who is behind the wheel and it was 50+ years old man [drive]

Our bus overtook indica and again came on left ahead of that old man and lightly braked 2-3 times mischievously just to terrify that newbie. When i asked driver about this entire episode he calmly replied in marathi "Gadi chalavta yet nahi tar rastyavar kashala yetat" means "If you don’t know driving then why are you coming to roads". Hearing this I was like [shock]
Haha I know you felt it rude but this is there local tone to speak rural marathi. Secondly these are one of the best drivers I have ever seen on that road, so even if honk or terrify they wont hit for sure

Haha I know you felt it rude but this is there local tone to speak rural marathi. Secondly these are one of the best drivers I have ever seen on that road, so even if honk or terrify they wont hit for sure
Yes kokantrip, you are right. I immensely travel on this route for last 6-7 years using MSRTC Shivneri and Hirkani services, they sometimes do very close shave with somebody but never bang.

I was just thinking myself in that old mans place and was trying to rerun whole scene [roll]

Yesterday i was travelling in govt. bus on Expressway towards pune. I was seated in first row immediately after driver's cabin hence was having full view of road ahead. After Hinjewadi overhead bridge this guy started closely following Indica driven on left side of dual carriage way and having "L" sign on it.
How come "Learning driver" can drive the vehicle on the Expressway?

However my all sympathy towards indica driver, & absolutely hate the reckless behavior of Bus driver.

How come "Learning driver" can drive the vehicle on the Expressway?

However my all sympathy towards indica driver, & absolutely hate the reckless behavior of Bus driver.
Don't know whether he came driving through expressway, but the location (Hinjewadi) is few Km after end of Expressway. May be he might have joined someway in middle... anyways even my sympathy is towards Indica newbie.

Top Bottom