A Negligent Volvo Bus Driver Smashed My ORVM

AR RAM - Glad that the rash driver was punished/fined and I appreciate your efforts to make that happen. [clap] to police officials on their response to the matter.

Wish you happy miles together with your ride.

Thread Starter #77
Well done, that is great news.
Thank you JOHNLORD

Great news. Sweet. Though insufficient, justice is served. Hope this implants some fear into those idiotic people who doesn't care about others safety and ethics.
Thank you tai_newbie. At least my efforts had not gone waste.

AR RAM - Glad that the rash driver was punished/fined and I appreciate your efforts to make that happen. [clap] to police officials on their response to the matter.

Wish you happy miles together with your ride.
Thank you Bikerb0y

Ram sir,
Glad to hear the news.
It proves that complaining pays, and all the efforts that you have made got good results.[clap]

Thread Starter #79
Ram sir,
Glad to hear the news.
It proves that complaining pays, and all the efforts that you have made got good results.[clap]

Thank you jayesh. Now a days MV department in Kerala is very strict under the professional administration of Transport Commissioner Mr Rishi Raj Singh.

Hope things will further improve.

Anyway, the driver was imposed with a fine (I am not sure how much), definitely more than Rs 1000/-, and was given a warning letter which will go into his records.
Wow, that's something unusual to have the culprit caught and fined. However, it isn't enough for the damage done, especially the mental agony.

No doubt that the, drive should be punished/penalised for his mistake. But, any chance of getting compensation for the damage from the travels as they are equally responsible, though it's indirect? I guess, that would somehow compensate the damage, if not the mental one.

An update

Just now I got a call from Mannuthy police station, I was told that the driver of the particular bus was caught and brought to the station for enquiry. Seems that the SI received calls from all the MVD authorities whomever I had sent the complaint including from the office of Mr RRS, asking for the action taken against the driver...
Pleased to know that justice has been served, to some extent, thanks to Mr. Commissioner and MVD of Kerala for having the moron driver booked, punished and fined. [clap]
At least from now, he would think twice before he goes on to show his arrogance on innocents on roads.[evil]

Sir, happy and safe driving.
OT,
I will be in Palakkad in the last week of January and wish to meet you then. [:)]

Nice to know that they caught the driver and fined him. They could have called you when they took him to the Police station so that he says SORRY to you. (And you know that it is true that they got the driver to Police station).

Anything done with the settlement by them? Or is this just the 'fine' or 1000Rs? I know that you will get the money from Insurance. It would have been nice if Police made them to pay the total cost too :)

Hi AR Ram,
Nice to hear that the driver got some punishment. He will be careful now onwards. It is not repair cost, but the way the driver dealt after the incident.

Meet the Singh Program. [malayalam] I salute this Man. He got the courage to implement traffic law and order. As per the statistics the number of accidents, and deaths reduced. It is a noticeable achievement. The article provides email id and contact numbers tc@keralamvd.gov.in and mobile 8547639000 to reach his department. [copyright to respective owner: fast track- Manorama Publications]

975-0.jpg

ramji happy to know that you got justice. but i feel the fine is too little for the fellow to remember after some time. if the fine was say above 10,000 inr the fellow would remember it for a long time and wouldn't repeat it again. happy that at least some things are moving. in the past it would be the driver who caused the mishap who would have the last laugh.

Dear Mr. Ram,

I am very sorry about the unfortunate incident happened.

Volvo Bus accidents have become quite common now a days because of such filthy untrained, and arrogant drivers.

I hope that the well written letter to the TD officials will take care.

please keep us updated.

Thread Starter #86
Wow, that's something unusual to have the culprit caught and fined. However, it isn't enough for the damage done, especially the mental agony.

No doubt that the, drive should be punished/penalised for his mistake. But, any chance of getting compensation for the damage from the travels as they are equally responsible, though it's indirect? I guess, that would somehow compensate the damage, if not the mental one.
That's true Figoian. At least some action has been taken against the driver. No, they were not willing to compensate me for the damage. If necessary I can take it up in the court; but insurance has paid the money already.

Pleased to know that justice has been served, to some extent, thanks to Mr. Commissioner and MVD of Kerala for having the moron driver booked, punished and fined. [clap]
At least from now, he would think twice before he goes on to show his arrogance on innocents on roads.[evil]

Sir, happy and safe driving.
OT,
I will be in Palakkad in the last week of January and wish to meet you then. [:)]
Thank you Manoj for the links you had given to me, it's really worked. Yes, it is not the fine alone, a warning letter has been served to him and the copy has gone into his records also. And repeated offence will result in cancellation of his license. Mr commissioner is truly becoming a star in Kerala with his bold decisions.

And next time we will meet in Palakkad, let me know when you are coming.

Nice to know that they caught the driver and fined him. They could have called you when they took him to the Police station so that he says SORRY to you. (And you know that it is true that they got the driver to Police station).

Anything done with the settlement by them? Or is this just the 'fine' or 1000Rs? I know that you will get the money from Insurance. It would have been nice if Police made them to pay the total cost too :)
Thank you appus. In fact they called me there, but I was in Coimbatore that time, and I confirmed this with one of my neighbors who works there in the PS.
Since they had given the letter already to me to process my claim, they can't press them to compensate me. I think that is the maximum fine they can charge, and beyond that it should be in the court.

Hi AR Ram,
Nice to hear that the driver got some punishment. He will be careful now onwards. It is not repair cost, but the way the driver dealt after the incident.

Meet the Singh Program. [malayalam] I salute this Man. He got the courage to implement traffic law and order. As per the statistics the number of accidents, and deaths reduced. It is a noticeable achievement. The article provides email id and contact numbers tc@keralamvd.gov.in and mobile 8547639000 to reach his department. [copyright to respective owner: fast track- Manorama Publications]

View attachment 117916
Thank you Mathew. Some justice is done and Mr RRS is a hero and his activities are well praised by the public. I am making a note of this link and tel. no.

ramji happy to know that you got justice. but i feel the fine is too little for the fellow to remember after some time. if the fine was say above 10,000 inr the fellow would remember it for a long time and wouldn't repeat it again. happy that at least some things are moving. in the past it would be the driver who caused the mishap who would have the last laugh.
Thank you SR, my efforts have not gone into waste. Since the warning letter has gone into his records he may be careful for sometime.

Dear Mr. Ram,

I am very sorry about the unfortunate incident happened.

Volvo Bus accidents have become quite common now a days because of such filthy untrained, and arrogant drivers.

I hope that the well written letter to the TD officials will take care.

please keep us updated.
Thank you manivannan.

An update

Just now I got a call from Mannuthy police station, I was told that the driver of the particular bus was caught and brought to the station for enquiry. Seems that the SI received calls from all the MVD authorities whomever I had sent the complaint including from the office of Mr RRS, asking for the action taken against the driver. And the driver was defending himself by saying that it was not his mistake. But the photographs are showing a clear evidence of his negligence.

My thanks to each and everyone who responded to this thread and given me guidance and inspiration all the way through.
Finally its a happy story ! So did you get to see him ? They could have asked the driver to apologize for the mistake done. So is the car ready ?

Accidents do happen to most of us how ever we are careful. Here I got annoyed with the attitude of the driver. At least if he was polite and admitted his mistake and said sorry, I would not have bothered. Most of these drivers are not Volvo trained, and they lack proper education also. And when they get the support from the passengers they will be more excited also.
1000 times true sir. Some times even we make mistakes. If the mistake is from our side if we apologize am sure the situation at that place would get lighter.

But people like this will always blame us and make sure our BP is shoot up.

Once I was driving my M800 (early days of my car driving) I was going slow in a crowded road and an auto driver was honking behind me continuously and I could n't give him way because of the width of the road. But once he got way, he came before me and started cursing me like anything without even thinking the problem I had. I also shouted back like anything. Since I was with family and the entire road got blocked i have to get back to the car.

An update

Just now I got a call from Mannuthy police station, I was told that the driver of the particular bus was caught and brought to the station for enquiry. Seems that the SI received calls from all the MVD authorities whomever I had sent the complaint including from the office of Mr RRS, asking for the action taken against the driver. And the driver was defending himself by saying that it was not his mistake. But the photographs are showing a clear evidence of his negligence.

Anyway, the driver was imposed with a fine (I am not sure how much), definitely more than Rs 1000/-, and was given a warning letter which will go into his records.

I am not disappointed with my efforts, and definitely it was attended at least to some extent. If every victim raises his voice for justice, and bring these kinds of drivers to the notice of the authorities, surely we can minimize the disasters.

My thanks to each and everyone who responded to this thread and given me guidance and inspiration all the way through.
Sir, its great to know that sir. Justice can be delayed but may not be denied. Good.

this is the fellow that hit you right.
spotted near my college(coimbatore) on Saturday

View attachment 118024

Ha ha. Sai you should have punched on his face on behalf of TAI.

Top Bottom