A Lovely & Mind Blowing Experience in a BMW 730Ld

Thread Starter #1
Our Business Partner has bought a BMW 730 Ld on 31th October (his son's 1st Birthday). It is Black in Colour.

On Friday (20th Nov) I got an opportunity to see the Car Internally (Interiors) as well as he took me for a RIDE (Not the one like the Dealers[lol!]).
Man what a Car it is!

The Idle was So Soooofffffttttt (the idle rpm sound was identical to Honda Unicorn (I know I am comparing a 4 Wheeler to a 2 Wheeler). But just wanted to convey such Silent was the Diesel Engine when I stood near it (not when sitting inside. When sitting on Co-Driver Seat its Hard to tell if there is a Diesel Engine under Hood even at higher rpms).

The Bonnet is Huge enough when viewed from the Front Seats.
There is Lot of Legroom at Front and Rear.

The Rear Seats have Massager (in the Backrest) which work at the Touch of Button fitted in the rear doors. I sat on the Rear Left Seat, closed the door and pressed the respective button for Massage. And I got a Nice Massage from the Backrest. Nice thing if you have back pain.

Then I sat on Co-Driver Seat. The Thigh Support for the Front Seats can be increased at a touch of button. When I sat on on the seat, he (my friend)pressed a button and front end (8-10cm) of the Seat Base slided forward upto my knees back. Wow!.

Then he showed the Gear Shifting Pattern. But I did not get it correctly.[stupid]

And did I mention the Sunroof (I did not see one in person before this)?

Then we went for a Ride. He drove the car and I sat beside him.
He drove the car as the Driver of a BMW SHOULD. I was feeling drowsy since he was driving fast. The Car would do 0-80 in less than 4-5 seconds. I am not used to such a lightening Pick up. And thats why I felt drowsy whenever he did quick 0-80kph. He used to touch 80kph whenever he saw gap between traffic ahead to show me how Fast it can touch 3 figures Speeds yet does not make us feel that the car is doing such a high speed.

I was shocked to see his driving since he was driving a 17feet long and 6.24 feet wide car on narrow roads (Four Lanes- Two on each side of Divider) of Solapur.

The Exhaust Note also was ***y. I heard it after he dropped me back.

This was my experience with a BMW 730 Ld.

Guys, dont be Jealous of me.

He wants Registration Number as "1" for this car. The RTO told him to pay Rs.3,00,000/- for this Number [anger]since he will be issued "1" from Next Number Series. The Actual Charge for "1" in Solapur is Rs.1,00,000/- (Hence he will be charged 3 times for next series). He has not yet taken the Number for his car due to this Huge Amount (only paid the Registration charges i.e Road Tax and Registration Fee). But I am sure he will pay the Rs.3Lakhs since I told him that the current MH-13. AC-XXXX Number will get sold in 1-1.5 years. The AC Number Series started in Solapur in 2005-2006 and yet around 3000 Numbers are left.
So if he wants Number 1 he will have to pay and he will pay Rs.3Lakhs.

The Cost of his BMW 730 Ld is 1,10,00,000/-. So Rs.3 Lakhs is a small amount as compared to Rs.1.1Crore Price Tag of the car.

On the same day (20th Nov) we went for Visiting Our Sites in his Scorpio Vlx. While travelling on Highway, we came across a White Toyota Foruner. He was immediately Impressed with the Looks of it and called his office and told the employee to enquire about the Fortuner.
The Toyota Dealer in Solapur told him that there is a Waiting Period of 3-4 months for Fortuner.

I am sure he will buy one within 3-4 months.

About His Garage--
He owns a Scorpio Vlx (Top-End Variant) bought on 24th April 2009 on his Birthday, a Current C Class (MB) bought this year, Innova, Qualis, Verna, Camry.

Well thats great!! will be good if you post some pics of all his cars soon!!

And about the acceleration yeah the BMW is lightning quick!! I have a diesel verna and a BMW 5-series was standing in front of me in a signal!! When the lights turned green before i could put my 2nd gear the BMW just zoomed away from me at such a speed!!

350Z

Core Team
Lucky person you are sudeep, I've sat in the Merc S and the experience can not be expressed in words. You should share some images of 7 Series, Is it the New Generation Model?

BTW, The Fees is high for that special registration number. IMO, Its like giving away the money for free, But people do it to show exclusivity.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The Fees is high for that special registration number. IMO, Its like giving away the money for free, But people do it to show exclusivity.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I agree. The cost is too high. For a single digit number it costs around 75K here in Pune.

350Z

Core Team
They must be charging it so high after seeing the car. Seriously, With an expensive car, Other costs/payments like chauffer etc automatically rise upwards.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
Lucky person you are sudeep, I've sat in the Merc S and the experience can not be expressed in words. You should share some images of 7 Series, Is it the New Generation Model?
BTW, The Fees is high for that special registration number. IMO, Its like giving away the money for free, But people do it to show exclusivity.
350Z
Thanks Vibhor. Yes its New Generation Model since he bought this 31st Oct.

The Number "1" is MOST Exclusive since it explains itself as the Toppest.
The Normal Fees for Number "1" is Rs.1Lakh. But since its not available in Current "MH13.AC-XXXX" Series, he will be charged 3 times the Normal Fees and the Number will be assigned by Government of Maharashtra.i.e.the Number will be awarded from Mumbai.
I agree. The cost is too high. For a single digit number it costs around 75K here in Pune.
Yes Single Digit (EXCEPT "1") costs less than "1's".
I guess 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 cost Rs.25,000/- in Solapur.
They must be charging it so high after seeing the car.
No, it does not Depend on Price of Car. The Fees for such type of Special Numbers are Pre-Decided. These Numbers are not given without Accepting Fees.
When we bought our Indigo XL Grand DiCOR in 2007, we took "9798" from the AC Series. Now when we bought Xylo E8 (ABS), we again wanted "9798". But the RTO told us to pay Rs.22,500/- (3 times of Normal Fees-Rs.7,500) to give "9798" from AQ Series. Hence we took "6162" which cost us Rs.7,500/-

@All
NOW THE NUMBER "1" hreateneIS RESERVED FOR THE VEHICLES OF COLLECTORS (IAS). So unless you have some "Pehchan" in the Government, you will not be able to get this Number "1".
Lets see whether he gets the Desired Number or not.

One Special Note-- He has threatened the Solapur RTO that if they dont assign the Number "1" to his BMW, he would burn it in the RTO Premises itself.[shock]

Top Bottom