A La CARte Under 12 Lakhs

lxi.

Suspended
Krish go. You made a typo. Its 6' (Foot) instead of 6"(Inch).

He has already said that he wants a car within 15 MArch. So, Verna and SX4 are striked off. The skoda rapid has ASS problem as he is gonna sell his car after 2-3 yrs.

What about the Fiat Linea MJD? If your dad is below 6'. Then it is the car for him!

And I feel there is no car that matches all your requirements.
So, You have to compromise on something. And a good car under 12 L would be VW Vento HighLine.

Thank LXi for correcting me. Yes it was a stupid typo error :)
Skoda rapid required service after 15000 KM. (first service). And also, it is much established than VW.
My friend owns a Fabia and he says its refined very nice with almost 0 issues.
Wait period is also very less ( a week) so guess he can look at that, TD and then make a decision

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, He can have a look at it. If it is LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT by him, then let him take the decision!

But, The skoda rapid will have poor resale value. He needs High Resale value as he is not using the car for much time.

Maybe, The optra is also nice for his dad.As his dad is 50yrs, he may like the looks of the optra (Though it is dated).

Or let him buy the VW vento Comfortline as it is also in his budget.

How about considering new Bolero?
It fits well in your budget. Can be delivered within 15th.
acceptable resell value and as travel ppl are less 2or 5 Max, this should also fall in the race.

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, the bolero is also a nice choice. But isnt it too plain/Boring (Sorry, No offence).

But, Instead of bolero, He may easily get the Mahindra Xylo E8. It will be under 11-11.5L on road and comes fully loaded with features.

Akash,

Let me welcome you to TAI first !!

Regarding your question - Is your dad comfortable driving a SUV/MUV ? I would prefer you to buy one of those big ones instead of a sedan because you have mentioned clearly in your first post - 'It will be used on State Highways(2 Lane Metalled) and Some Potty Roads in Andhra Pradesh near Vijayawada.'

Per my personal experience of driving around Hyderabad - The roads are either butter smooth or they're PATHETIC !! The sedans which can withhold with those kinda roads are rare these days and you will frequently have small niggles and rattles. If you can live with that, go straight ahead with a sedan.

If your father can drive a big one, try a Safari, Scorpio you anyway have and Xylo I won't suggest at any cost. Its the worst in that segment....be it handling, ride comfort etc. I would rather vouch for a New Bolero anyday over Xylo(infact over Safari/Scorpio too for those roads). Safari is good looking as compared to Bolero and these two are the ones which can handle anything that comes in their way.

If it has to be a Sedan and you need to drive on those roads, go for a FIAT(Linea) or a FORD(Fiesta Classic). Currently these guys are good in this segment to handle that kinda abuse. I have an extensive personal experience with Fiesta. It has much more capabilities than portrayed/thought of. I would not comment on Rapid/Vento as I do not have experience with them, please avoid SX4 at all costs, not at all a good handler and worth that much money.

Good Luck and keep us posted [thumbsup]

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended
But these cars will have poor resale value and rare service centres.
He has specified that he wants a car with Good resale value and he wants it before 15March!

Aakash,

A very warm Welcome to you from Akash:wink:.

Regarding your query, i feel Skoda Rapid, VW Vento & Hyundai Verna should be the car which you should consider. And out of these, Skoda Rapid is my favorite.

lxi.

Suspended
@Akash, (Alto waala!):stupid:, THe Verna is the best among the lot but will have a waiting period. The other akash want the car before 15 March.
The Rapid is also same as vento , But will have a low resale value. :lol!:
Same is the case with VW Vento.
I feel a Xylo E8 will fulfil all his needs!

Top Bottom