A hearty hello to all car enthus

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am so glad to be here.[:D] It is a privilege to be among the people who are not only car enthusiasts but also pretty knowledgeable about cars.

By the way I am an NRI working in Botswana. I own a Toyota Camry 2.2FOUR. It is a joy to ride although it is a pre-owned one.

Recently I got a new car in India(although delivery was taken by my wife in Vizag). After much research by surfing around on all kinds of car review sites, I finally settled for Maruti Swift Vxi.

I got it on 2nd November. It is a Sunlight Copper beauty. I am reaching Vizag on 28th November. My baby (the Swift one) is waiting for me to take it for a ride and to be enjoyed.

Have been planning day and night about the different accessories to be fitted on this new machine.

Will post pictures of both my Toyota Camry and Maruit Swift in the following posts.

All the gurus please guide me about the accessories that I should be looking for and by the way anyone from Vizag can guide me about some places where I can find some good bargains for the accessories and people who do a professional job.

Thanks once again for giving me this opportunity to express my ideas on this site unlike some others who have reservations about joining them.

350Z

Core Team
Hey cjvk69, A big warm welcome to you in The Automotive India. A pretty interesting collection of cars you have, must say. Also, many congratulations for purchasing the new Maruti Swift, it sure would have been a hectic task to settle for an appropriate car because currently the hatchback market in India is totally jam-packed. Please create a separate thread for your car’s accessory related questions in the ‘Accessories and Spare Parts’ Section, and kindly also visit the ‘Announcements’ section once, in order to get familiar with policies as well as features of this community. In case you need any assistance, do not hesitate to contact our team members because that’s what we are here for! Wishing you a pleasant stay in The Automotive India. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hello Cjvk69 welcome to TAI! I would like to know more about your Camry! Please share an ownership report of both your rides.

Thread Starter #9
Hello Cjvk69 welcome to TAI! I would like to know more about your Camry! Please share an ownership report of both your rides.
Hello cooldhaya. Thanks mate. Yeah about the Camry, it is a pre-owned car which are very popular in this part of the world. These are mostly imported from Singapore or Japan.

I sold my earlier Toyota Tazz and bought this huge machine which is an automatic. By the way, it is said Botswana is Toyota country. Atleast 60% of all vehicles on the roads are from Toyota. Naturally for their reliability and low maintenance.

I bought this vehicle in Nov 2009 and have been running it for 1 year. It is a good vehicle and rides smoothly. Being a 2.2 engine, the FE is not that good. It is between 10 and 12 kmpl. This being on the higher side as compared to my earlier vehicle Toyota Tazz 1.3 which gave a FE of 12-14 kmpl.

Ask me anymore specific questions that you have brother.

Great even here in India Toyota is known for reliability and low maintenance and so most of the cabs are Innova and Qualis.

Why not start a new thread so that many will get to know more about your car?

Hi cjvk69, welcome to TAI and great to see somebody from botswana. congrats on your new swift. hope you enjoy your stay here..also tell us about auto scene there in respective section of forum.

Top Bottom