A Good laptop; Bought Acer!

That's one large laptop you have there!
Windows 7 home comes in 4 variants-
1. Starter edition. The bread and butter edition, meant to be a trial pack.
2. Basic. As the name suggests, it offers only the basic functionalities, and misses out on many features - read multimedia.
3. Premium (I have premium too) The best version, offering VFM, and the software features and multimedia capabilities that one needs, and even more.
4. Ultimate - All the features MS can offer on Win7. Read - Too many features, too high a price.
For exact specifications and such, feel free to visit the Microsoft website.

Note - If you are new to Win 7 & Don't know all the capabilities, go to the control panel and you will find "Find out what's new in Windows 7"

Last edited:
@ 350Z Yeah sure , i will post better pictures soon.

@ Mukesh The processor is Intel corei5. And the graphics card is Nvidia 1GB.

@ Arkin No my OS is Premium edition! BTW what is the difference between basic and premium? Screen size is 15'6" and yeah Nvidia graphics card. And now if you come to that park you will never even recognize it , it has been modified a lot!

@ AMG No buddy its 15'6".
Wow 1Gb graphics card great configuration.[:)]
Is it one with pixel shaders.

Thread Starter #33
Thanks Arkin , yeah am new to Windows7.

@ Mukesh Sorry buddy i don get what you are asking! Am not much of a computer freak , can you please elaborate on what you have asked?

Mods thanks for changing the thread title.

And now Windows7 users i have few doubts.

1.My harddisk of 500GB is partioned into two parts only , any way to increase the partitions?

2. Then i heard that in Windows7 we can recover all the data even if we format our drive , is this true?

AMG

Suspended
1 GB ram
It definitely isnt a gaming machine.
And pixel shaders.
Highly unlikely.

Thread Starter #37
Well guys a small issue cropped up with my laptop within a month of purchase!

The right arrow key stopped working! I took it to the Authorized service center and they told me they will replace the entire keypad under warranty. I agreed , gave my laptop to them and got it back in two working days! Its working fine now. They apologized for the inconvenience caused and promised nothing wrong will happen again in future!

I purchased a BSNL 3G data card. I wanted TATA Photon plus but my dad is specific about BSNL when it comes to telecom services! So agreed to him , and BSNL isnt too bad after all! Its very fast and coverage is pretty good in m home and being a public service provider the coverage must be good in other places too!

Great to hear that ACER's service is living upto expectation.

BSNL is still the favourite of father generations :)

Thread Starter #41
@ Zinam Yes , we have 4 BSNL post-paid sim cards in our home![lol]

@ Mukesh Agree , but after blasting them once they are regular to attend my home in case of any problem!

@ Akash Thanks buddy!

Top Bottom