A Faultless Accident. How To Proceed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TSI:
I read the thread from very first post and I beg to differ from everyone's opinion.Even your friend is also at 10% fault,he could have saved the accident if he would have turned the car a bit,yes girls did an act of foolishness but a good step by guys would have made it an everyday escape.
Also the compromise is also quite arrogant one,the other party will pay for the car's repair,their daughter's injuries(you yourself mentioned one girl got serious head injury),then you insulted the boy too.
From your post its sure that this is a forced compromise,a good use of the political power you have.By the way I am not at all surprised to see such attitude at the end after I read the word 'politics'.Politicians always do forced compromises only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #33
^^Hmm,I was just keeping an eye on the posts coming and it looks cooking anything with a happy mood is really tough.

@ParC madam:'To each his own' something that is bad for you may be good for the second person,so you have the right to differ.But yes,I can't get flown into emotions that way.I have to deal with everythign myself and I know quite well how our police or law works.
Yes,in case you need some help someday then you can PM me,at least in Gurgaon(NH-8)!!

I am gald that everything got sorted out of the court. Because these court kacheri ke chakkar are always a pain in back side.

@ParC : What was teh insult that they did to the boy (brother of injured girl) ? What you have to say about when that very same boy beat up Vipul's friend? As you have stayed in UK you must be knowing that if a car hits a person when that person is on pedestrian crossing it's totally car's driver mistake. But if car hits person on other road when there is pedestrian singal red then it's pedestrians mistake. It was the girl's mistake who were coming from wrong side thats what I think. Rest whatever happened were the consequences/reactions/responses to the action.

Vipul,congrats for solving the case.If my son would have been in this case then I would have done the compromise on the first day itself.It is useless to pull the case so long and then do the compromise.
When you know you can talk to some DIG or DM or any type of official and enforce the compromise then why to spend so many days wasting yours and their time.Same way the compromise you did was also just one sided,so I'd say that you took too long to wake up.

Thread Starter #36
^^Thanks sirji,I believe the theory of using the real thing at the end and did the same.

@Mods:I think this thread must be closed now...

Accidents caused by others mistakes, but eating your pocket. Insurance is for no use.

I had an experience recently when my brother, who was riding on his bike, was hit by a bus from behind and my bike was stuck under the bus causing serious damage to it. For god's grace my brother is safe without even a single scratch on his body.

As mentioned that the bus hit him from behind, its clear that the mistakes is 100% on the bus driver's side. The saddest thing i feel about Indian road rule is that even if we are hit from behind, they blame us for stopping suddenly in front of them. No one cares that they have to keep enough distance from the vehicle in front of them, so that they can be stopped safely, even if the vehicle in front stops suddenly.

The accident was reported to the nearest police station and they were trying to escape the bus owner from this case. But we didn't give up and finally the bus owner agreed to solve this as case instead of a compromise. It was said like the repair charges will be paid by the Bus' Insurance. But then I came to know that it may take 1 or more years for the insurance to be sanctioned (From my friends' experience). So I finally decided to end up this case.

I then took my bike from the police station. Sad to say, the bike was filled full tank just minutes before the accident and when my brother took the bike back from the police station, it was empty. Later I came to know that this happens always there.

In short, the police guys are not willing to help the common people and they are also brilliant in stealing petrol[frustration].

When I went to the Bajaj service center, they quoted around 30,000 for the repairs, and they asked me to pay an advance of 10,000 so that they can start the work. I don't really understand why I have to pay for my repairs which is under insurance claim. Then what does the Insurance claim stands for.

I feel like yelling some bad words about the rules in India.

At last it ended up like I had paid all the repairing cost from my pocket. 1 month later the insurance company credited me an amount, which is 8000 INR less than what I paid.

I had a loss of 8000 INR because of the carelessness of the bus driver.[anger]

IMO: The Indian police and insurance company has to learn too many things from the other countries.

I am currently living in UAE. Here, I don't have to pay even 1 paisa, for an accident caused to my vehicle by other driver's mistake. Also if we hit other vehicle from behind. It is totally our mistake that we didn't keep enough space between the vehicles.

Also all documentations for an accident will be cleared within minutes from the side of the police and within days from the side of Insurance. For my Indian bike it took more than 1 month and still didn't get anything, thats why I went for repairing using my own Insurance instead of the police case with the bus owner.

So the Indian scene is really frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom