A Couple of Less Heard and Least Glorified Cities in China

Thread Starter #31
Lovely pics of china..How long have you been staying in china?
In the 7th year :tongue:

Haihe River and Haihe Park -Tianjin
One of the better attractions in Tianjin is the Haihe River and Haihe Park especially at night. Before leaving Tianjin after a short one year stay, I made sure there are a few night shots of the river/park in my collection. Sharing a few here [:)]

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

In the 7th year :tongue:

Haihe River and Haihe Park -Tianjin
One of the better attractions in Tianjin is the Haihe River and Haihe Park especially at night. Before leaving Tianjin after a short one year stay, I made sure there are a few night shots of the river/park in my collection. Sharing a few here [:)]

View attachment 113891

View attachment 113892

View attachment 113893

View attachment 113894
Manoj, your pictures are really great, and you edited with the frame ; Is it downloaded? if so, send the link.

One of the pictures I noticed, locks are kept hanging, Is it a kind of offering ("Nercha")?

Manoj, superb pictures mate, specially as you said the Haihe River and park ones at night.
The frame you put as Ram said looks great.Thanks for sharing them.

Thread Starter #34
Manoj, your pictures are really great, and you edited with the frame ; Is it downloaded? if so, send the link.
Manoj, superb pictures mate, specially as you said the Haihe River and park ones at night.
The frame you put as Ram said looks great.Thanks for sharing them.
Thanks.
One of the pictures I noticed, locks are kept hanging, Is it a kind of offering ("Nercha")?
Yep, a sort of.
Recently read that majority of the Chinese have religious beliefs/practices [Buddhism being the most influential] and only very few of them are real atheists.

I use this online photo-editing site for some basic PP job.

Thread Starter #37
My search for Nature and Wildlife in the concrete jungle @ Chongqing

My search for Nature and Wildlife in the concrete jungle @ Chongqing

This is what it looks like, the concrete jungle. A usual sight from my balcony.
DSC_0105.jpg

My weekend getaway usually is a Buddha Temple [Huayan] nearby. It boasts the largest Buddha statue in my city of Chongqing in China. There is a decent little park including a small lake surrounding this temple. In the concrete jungle, this place is a boon for nature lovers like me. I make it a point to go there for a walk whenever I get time, mostly in the evenings. And yes, I don’t forget to carry my camera with me every single time I visit this place.

The Golden Buddha
DSC_0003.jpg

Another view of the temple from my work place !
cq.jpg

These incense sticks and candles are a common sight in the temple

DSC_0283.jpg
DSC_0014.jpg

This lake is about 1 km long surrounding the Buddha Temple

DSC_0261.jpg

Thread Starter #38
Paid another visit to Chongqing Zoo a couple of weeks ago. Last time I went there was about 2 years ago. The Zoo looked better maintained and animals looked healthier this time around.

DSC_2297 (2).jpg

Chongqing Zoo is the reserve and breeding base for Giant Panda. It was surprising for me to see this Panda lazily taking a nap on after having climbed up about 10-15 meters the tree.

DSC_2284-2.jpg

DSC_2273.jpg

A close-up !
DSC_2280.jpg

Wow! Fantastic photos!! That panda is resting on a rather thin branch, wondering its strength!
I see that you have been living in China for 7 years. If you don't mind, may I know what do you do?

Thread Starter #40
Wow! Fantastic photos!! That panda is resting on a rather thin branch, wondering its strength!
Thanks.
Those pictures were shot around the Panda Ground which are designed to breed Pandas and their offspring. More info on Panda here.

I see that you have been living in China for 7 years. If you don't mind, may I know what do you do?
PM sent [:)]

Thread Starter #41
Chongqing Zoo

There are about 150 kinds of bird in Chongqing Zoo. I was basically interested in those which were moving freely in the available space.

DSC_2289.jpg

DSC_2479.jpg

DSC_2332.jpg

DSC_2324.jpg

DSC_2349.C.jpg

DSC_2347.jpg

Thread Starter #44
Constructions, constructions and more constructions - a never ending phenomenon here seen all these years.
From an evening stroll.
_DSC4897.jpg

_DSC4961.jpg

_DSC4871.jpg

Nice pics and narration Manoj I bumped into this late. i think you have traveled to most of the places considering your tenure in china. yes even i have a question what do you do in china. its such nice and clean everywhere wonder when India would give importance to cleanliness, though its started but we have a long way to go.

In this thread i read that any foreigner cannot drive cars in china is it true in the sense he has to pass exams in Chinese only not in English is it his fault that he doesn't know Chinese. you cant even ride bikes also without license so you are at the mercy of public transport. I know public transport is leaps and bounds ahead of what we have in here. but still u know you miss the rides and drives i believe.

Top Bottom