A/C Filter Cleaning Guide for Tata Nano

Thread Starter #1
well, the AD for tata nano says. nano is with a powerful AC. I'm sure that all the nano users must have experienced this. but unfortunately due to our road pollutions and others the "super powered " A/c becomes dull in some kilometer.

here i can say two cases
1. cooling will be there but air flow will be very poor
2. cooling in one side vent (for me it was passenger side) is poor where as the other side is ok.

Sorry as of now i dont have a pictorial explanation. pics that i took were too bad quality. will post good quality pics very soon.
Lets start our DIY

1.POOR AIRFLOW

this is actually due to dust blocks in your a/c filter which is located inside the cabin. OK lets start the cleaning

Switch off the engine and blower and do not proceed the work immediate after the engines is off . the Ac parts are too hot and they can burn your fingers.

remove the filter

the filter is found under the driver side dash and very close to the clutch.
locked with two ''-" screws. here you need a very short screw driver. long ones cannot be used . clutch pedal disturbs.
you can remove the filter by pulling it. do it slowly because. its "breakable" . you have to bend it a little bit in order to remove. so do carefully.

washing
take a bucket, fill it with water, detergent powders like surf or tide or any thing can be used
dip it in the bucket for sometime and clean it with the washing brush. dont hard brush it.
Let it dry in the hot sun for an hour
fix back
follow the same reverse procedures for fixing. you need not fix the screws if you dont wish to. the filters are locked well without screw ( actually you need to remove soon for next cleaning)

case2- one side cooling
this is because of low A/C gas - r134-a. no DIY for this . park your car in TASS for max 5days. and do ask them to check for any leakage

to check proper cooling . remove your spare wheel and you can see 2 pipes . 1 should be hot and other should be cool with some water droplets on it

I recommend nano users to clean this filter with in every 2000 Kms.

hope this helped you[:)]

Thread Starter #5
i guess the pictures are fine.

the pre 2012 models had paper made filters and 2012 models have plastic made. i recently changed it to plastic made. costs around rs 300 (changing labour + part + general AC check up )

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Yeaterday I tried to clean the filter, iam able to remove the screws, but removing the filter is tedious task, iam sure break, hence i leave the filter as it is,

Also the filter edges are pasted with silicon glue insted of rubber, i hope every time when we remove the filter we have to apply paste on the edges i hope.

Thread Starter #7
Yeaterday I tried to clean the filter, iam able to remove the screws, but removing the filter is tedious task, iam sure break, hence i leave the filter as it is,

Also the filter edges are pasted with silicon glue insted of rubber, i hope every time when we remove the filter we have to apply paste on the edges i hope.
if your nano is 2012 edition this will not break. and the silicon/rubber sealing is not there in pre 2012 model. just give it to TASS and see if they seal this again

I have checked it today.
Its really very hard to remove it without damage. Mine was clean so i just blowed air and refitted it.

Silicone glue was there, but it was fitted ok without new glue.

Thread Starter #9
I have checked it today.
Its really very hard to remove it without damage. Mine was clean so i just blowed air and refitted it.

Silicone glue was there, but it was fitted ok without new glue.
right from my 1st cleaning ( i guess it was around 3k kms) it is without the silicone glue. i think pre 2012 models doesnt have

i guess the pictures are fine.

the pre 2012 models had paper made filters and 2012 models have plastic made. i recently changed it to plastic made. costs around rs 300 (changing labour + part + general AC check up )

View attachment 59930

View attachment 59931

View attachment 59932

View attachment 59933
Very thankful, finally the blower sends more air. But AC seems to have the same issue ... any good suggestion as did it repaired from Service Center multiple times?

Is there any ac filter available for Alto., Some bad odor coming while changing to fresh air., varun/sai any idea about Altos AC filter

I am really thankful for this thread as since 4 years have been struggling to get AC work fine and had to go to the Service Center again and again and they used to mend it. Never ever they said what the problem was and got to know just cleaning works.
This time there was gas leakage and thus they charged me 900 INR but now AC is working fine. For it, could learn where the AC and Engine filters are.

Thanks

Wow! I dint know Nano came with cabin filter. Good work bro, I wish even Maruthi starts to give this as a standard fitment in entry level cars. I cant fit one in my 800 though.

I tried finding the AC filter in my Nano twist. I think I found it at the farther-most location in the driver foot-well. The steering rod passes very close to it and the location is quite tricky. I do not have the correct tool for it. I will need a folding-type tool to remove the screws as there is very limited space to access them, especially the one on the higher side.

Top Bottom