A 7 Day Trip Travelogue Of Dubai!

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys, just returned after a 7 day trip to Dubai & I JUST LOVED THE PLACE. Dubai is a wonderful country if you love to shop. its filled with malls & shopping centres & you get the best products in the world. though i was more in a mood of sight seeing & less shopping, the only thing i bought for myself was a sony erricsson Xperia X10.

the locals in dubai are very nice, kind & give lots of respect to us. the first thing i noticed when i arrived at the dubai airport & was walking towards the car park was that zebra crossings do actually mean something here. i was waiting at a crossing & busy checking my phone when i noticed that a taxi was standing there, waiting for me to cross!

not just in airports, but in dubai, pedestrians are given a lot of respect. almost all the car owners come to a halt (except in major highways!) when they see a pedestrian crossing. this is one thing which impressed me a lot.

dubai is a place which is a must visit for car enthusiasts. i roamed around in a prado, CRV, montero, toyota avalon, X5 & even a short drive in a chevy suburban... ooooh, i love this car! this is what is actually a beast!
Chevrolet Suburban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dubai is filled with gorgeous malls & each & every building in dubai is a high rise tower! all with exquisite lighting & the most modern architecture. not to forget the famous burj khalifa tower & the awesome burj al dubai hotel.

Visit the Burj Khalifa -- The Tallest Building in the World
Burj Al Arab - Luxury Hotels in Dubai - Jumeirah

exotic towers and cars are abundant in dubai, infact so much, that you get used to a 80 storey tower or a ferrari after some time!

talking about cars, i have seen a phantom, lambo, ferrari enzo, california, many porches & 350Zs, mustangs, etc in dubai. porches & "smaller" exotics are spread in every mall's parking lots.

among indian cars, i saw 1 alto & 5 scorpios.

the dubai mall & the mall of emirates is worth a visit. ski dubai is a place where you must go, its basically an artificial snow park.
Home - Ski Dubai

i wanted to go for desert safari but i dint get the time.

rest of the narrations later, i am attaching some pics randomly. guys, i am not a professional photographer, these are just some pics from a digicam.

DSC00540.JPG

DSC00542.JPG

DSC00543.JPG

DSC00547.JPG

DSC00550.JPG

DSC00553.JPG

DSC00554.JPG

DSC00556.JPG

DSC00559.JPG

DSC00560.JPG

DSC00561.JPG

DSC00566.JPG

DSC00567.JPG

DSC00570.JPG

DSC00571.JPG

DSC00576.JPG

DSC00592.JPG

DSC00593.JPG

DSC00596.JPG

DSC00606.JPG

DSC00615.JPG

DSC00616.JPG

DSC00618.JPG

DSC00619.JPG

DSC00621.JPG

DSC00662.JPG

DSC00667.JPG

DSC00669.JPG

DSC00670.JPG

DSC00672.JPG

DSC00674.JPG

DSC00675.JPG

DSC00676.JPG

DSC00678.JPG

DSC00679.JPG

DSC00680.JPG

DSC00698.JPG

DSC00700.JPG

DSC00701.JPG

DSC00706.JPG

DSC00710.JPG

DSC00716.JPG

DSC00739.JPG

DSC00753.JPG

DSC00754.JPG

DSC00756.JPG

DSC00758.JPG

DSC00759.JPG

DSC00770.JPG

DSC00771.JPG
-----------Next Post-----------
the final set of pics-

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
After viewing these pictures, Dubai actually looks to be an incredible place and as you said raj, These 'super' sports cars are common sight which we generally go “wow” after seeing one in India. Please share more details about your trip, How’s the weather out there? And hey, Did you spotted any gold plated Mercs or a diamond laden SLR about which I asked earlier? :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey wow so you went to Dubai , thats great! How was the climate there?? And yeah you must have been very proud after seeing the Scorpio and Innova![;)]

How was it roaming around in all the cars which you have mentioned??

Its great and shocking to see so many Indian cars and bikes plying there!

So yours was just a casual holiday visit or business purpose??

Thread Starter #9
After viewing these pictures, Dubai actually looks to be an incredible place and as you said raj, These 'super' sports cars are common sight which we generally go “wow” after seeing one in India. Please share more details about your trip, How’s the weather out there? And hey, Did you spotted any gold plated Mercs or a diamond laden SLR about which I asked earlier? :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z
the weather there is a pleasant now, not too hot, not too cold. but its better than mumbai! infact in dubai, you dont feel hot, but the sun is too harsh & burns your eyes, so sunglasses are a must.

ilango[speed thirst];29364 said:
Nice pictures man.

The unicorn , pulsar , innova , scorpio! I find it good.

I guess you must have felt so high when you spot a scorpio and innova
innovas are a common sight there & used as taxis. i was not too happy when i saw innovas because its a toyota. i was happy when i saw scorpios & pulsars as its a indian company.

Hey wow so you went to Dubai , thats great! How was the climate there?? And yeah you must have been very proud after seeing the Scorpio and Innova![;)]

How was it roaming around in all the cars which you have mentioned??

Its great and shocking to see so many Indian cars and bikes plying there!

So yours was just a casual holiday visit or business purpose??
it was just a vacation.

my best ride was in the X5 & prado. my fastest ride was in the pajero! my most luxurious ride was in the avalon.

Dubai looks so neat and clean.
And nice to see so many bikes also in one of the modern city.
yes, dubai is a very very neat country.

WOW!!! you are so lucky raj. mustangs, lambos, ferraris all in one place and I am so happy to see their automotive scene similar to india. these indian cars i could spot in pics -
- getz
- vectra
- scorpio
- innova
- splendour
- pulsar
- cedia
- corolla
- camry
- prado
- sonata

please start new threads for your experiences in the cars which you mentioned. also after seeing these pics, feels like i have visited dubai now! [:D] did you went to underwater adventure? also can you tell how costly is that place in comparison to india??

Thread Starter #14
these indian cars i could spot in pics -
- getz
- vectra
- scorpio
- innova
i think the car you mentioned is a Dodge & not a opel vectra.

please start new threads for your experiences in the cars which you mentioned. also after seeing these pics, feels like i have visited dubai now! [:D] did you went to underwater adventure? also can you tell how costly is that place in comparison to india??
sure, i'll mention my experiences in each car in this thread itself, not really worth to start a new thread for such small topics.

i dint go underwater diving as-
* i cant swim
* i am not too comfortable with fishes!!!

dubai is much more expensive than mumbai. house rents, maintainence charges etc are huge.

traffic fines are massive. parking in no parking zone, stopping ahead of white line in signals, cutting lanes, not paying parking amount (its automated), etc attracts a fine of 5000-6000 INR & more serious offences like not wearing seatbelt, breaking a red light will cost you more!

even if you park on a road side, you have to pay a certain parking charge from a yellow booth which is placed in every footpath. you get a receipt & you have to keep that receipt on your dashboard such that its visible from outside. if you park more than the allowed time without paying parking charges, you are fined!

all fines etc can be payed at the end of the month online!!!

metro charges are like 110 Rs. for a ride to the 4th station from your station for gold class & around Rs. 50 in normal class. but metro service is hi-fi, very systematic, neat, classy & the stations are jaw dropping. very stylish & full of escalators & walkalators so that you dont need to walk much. everything is automated in the stations & even the trains have no drivers!!!

one nice thing i noticed about dubai is their innovative toll booths. there are no toll gates. there is just a pillar on top of the road with a signboard stating that it is a toll booth. it has a sensor. every car in dubai MUST be fitted with a sticker on its windshield. this sticker is available at every petrol bunk & is like your mobile prepaid service. you can recharge it with some amount & when a car passes under the toll pillar, the sensor on the pillar automatically cuts some amount from the sticker. when the amount balance amount on the sticker becomes very less, you are notified by a message on your cellphone. then you can recharge it. so no need to stop at the toll gate & this reduces traffic.

Last edited:
Hi raj, You would have visited Carrefour Mall in Dubai.
You would have got best deals on Electronic Gadgets.[;)]
I had visited Dubai when i was in 9th Standard.

Top Bottom