7 Year Old Maruti SX4: Immobile Since April 2013!!

Thread Starter #16

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

The SX4 hit by bamboo pole in my car park. Happened an hour back while I took it out. Taking it to the ASC to see what can be done.

step0001.jpg

step0001 (5).jpg

step0001 (1).jpg

step0001 (2).jpg

step0001 (4).jpg

step0001 (3).jpg

My evening post christmas party ruined[cry]!

Regards

Akash

Satish, Happy New Year dear! Tell me something, If the vehicle is not used for long time then do the shockers and mounts etc create noise when car is driven after that long duration?
Thanks for the wishes and wish you the same.[:)]
Unused (for a long period) rubber mounts will go stiffer / harder. This will transmit a higher NVH. Sometimes they do get cracked and creates noise. Shock absorbers sometimes (very rare cases) make noise due to the dust / oil seal damage. Prolonged use of noisy shock absorber will lead to oil leakage and insufficient damping (bouncy ride)

Thread Starter #21

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Unused (for a long period) rubber mounts will go stiffer / harder. This will transmit a higher NVH. Sometimes they do get cracked and creates noise. Shock absorbers sometimes (very rare cases) make noise due to the dust / oil seal damage. Prolonged use of noisy shock absorber will lead to oil leakage and insufficient damping (bouncy ride)
OK. My SX4 makes a sound in the front when taken over speed-bumps in the colony at a speed of 20-30km/h dear. The noise is at times mild and at times harsh. What you suggest, will any type of oiling etc shall help? or should I look to replace the seal/ shocker?

Regards

Akash

My SX4 makes a sound in the front when taken over speed-bumps in the colony at a speed of 20-30km/h dear. The noise is at times mild and at times harsh. What you suggest, will any type of oiling etc shall help? or should I look to replace the seal/ shocker?
What kind of noise is it? (like squeal, squeak, rubbing, grinding, etc)
Oiling wont help and seals are not repairable / replaceable. Sometimes the noise could be from the anti-roll bar bushes. Check for the noise source. If they are from shock absorbers try validating for another few hundred (or 1k) km. If the noise level comes down, you are lucky. Else be prepared to replace the shock absorbers.

PS: Extreme hot or cold climate influence significantly for these kind of noise.

Thread Starter #23

Akash1886

Honoured Member
What kind of noise is it? (like squeal, squeak, rubbing, grinding, etc)

PS: Extreme hot or cold climate influence significantly for these kind of noise.
Its a kind of scrapping noise. I'll follow your suggestion and then revert over it here in week/10 days time.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #24

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

I am confused in a laughable situation here!![lol] Can someone tell when does SX4 go in 'Reserve' fuel. Here is the present fuel condition!

Photo0066.jpg

Also, Please tell me how to know that after filling fuel, the car shall travel a particular KM distance. The speedometer shows 2 readings namely A &B.

Photo0065.jpg

Photo0064.jpg

I do not want to be caught in a embarrassing situation in middle of road as the weather is too cold.:biggrin:

PS: The fuel needle is working alright.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Can someone tell when does SX4 go in 'Reserve' fuel. Here is the present fuel condition!
Not sure about the reserve condition, but it is not advisable to drive till the needle reaches "Empty" position. From my experience with other Suzuki vehicles, you can drive another 10km with this condition.
The speedometer shows 2 readings namely A &B.
A & B are the Trip meters.

if you consider the price of petrol to be 66.65 rupees . Then for 1000 rupees you will get 15 litres of petrol. If you car has a combined fuel efficiency of say 12kmpl. Then, you will be able to travel 180 kms. (12 multiplied by 15)

Thread Starter #28

Akash1886

Honoured Member
if you consider the price of petrol to be 66.65 rupees . Then for 1000 rupees you will get 15 litres of petrol. If you car has a combined fuel efficiency of say 12kmpl. Then, you will be able to travel 180 kms. (12 multiplied by 15)
Thanks Jerwin, Actually in my other cars its way more easy to calculate the FE(by the regular method). But this SX4 readings made me confused and secondly seeing the fuel level and yet the reserve indication did not come up, I was a bit surprised.

Appreciate the clarification.

Regards

Akash

OK. My SX4 makes a sound in the front when taken over speed-bumps in the colony at a speed of 20-30km/h dear. The noise is at times mild and at times harsh. What you suggest, will any type of oiling etc shall help? or should I look to replace the seal/ shocker?

Regards

Akash

In Activa,sometimes i used to hear squeaking sound,this was due to dust and dirt in suspension -shock absorber column.That's usually rectified by Cleaning and greasing.
In Cars,i think Lubricant(Suspension Fluid),is definetely worth a try.

Wow you saved the car like superman:biggrin:
I am surprised you did so much hard work and that too on SUNDAY[lol]
Jokes apart , you did what an enthusiast should do. Enjoy the powerful beauty [clap]

Top Bottom