6 Cyl. Turbo + 410 NM Torque + 7 Wheels = ??? (Pics Pg.3)

The third one is looking real good. BTW i have a question, why do they drive with open engine hood? I mean it is for ventilation (cooling), but the cover does have vent for that, no?

Thread Starter #108
The third one is looking real good. BTW i have a question, why do they drive with open engine hood? I mean it is for ventilation (cooling), but the cover does have vent for that, no?
Yes, it is for ventilation.

On long trips, the engine overheats if driven with the hood closed. It is amusing that a reputed builder like Prakash has not been able to cleverly design the hood for proper air inflow.

deville_56

Honoured Member
That's quite a spotting my friend. 3 buses one after the other!

Did you notice that the A/C bus was running on a non-AC trip?
Everytime I pass through Alappey with the hope of spotting Aiswaryas. Didn't get time to notice anything, spotted Aiswarya, livery, started clicking [evil]

BTW noticed, 2 oldies registered in Ernakulam and Grey one registered in Alappuzha. Why so?? [confused]

Its my first time reading a review of a heavy vehicle and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and looking at the pics of the monster. Hope it serves you well. BTW, how is the Ahuja amp performing in your bus?

Hi Raj,
I have been going through this thread since half an hour. I am truly impressed by the first hand report shared as a fleet owner. I am yet another Ilango in this forum, also living close to Speed Thirst's place. I am from Neyveli.
I have a question regarding the body built up. While all the passenger seats are chosen for the purpose of comfort, why is it that the driver's seat alone left OE? Since he is the one who gets tried to the maximum, as he doesn't have a chance to sleep, as a passenger I think his seat should also be as comfortable as a car seat. As a fleet owner, are you in the opinion that seating the driver in a very comfortable seat gives him more chances to take a nap? And his unsofisticated seat keeps him in a wake up mode. Want to hear your opinion on this.
Thanks
-Ilango P

Thread Starter #114
I have a question regarding the body built up. While all the passenger seats are chosen for the purpose of comfort, why is it that the driver's seat alone left OE? Since he is the one who gets tried to the maximum, as he doesn't have a chance to sleep, as a passenger I think his seat should also be as comfortable as a car seat. As a fleet owner, are you in the opinion that seating the driver in a very comfortable seat gives him more chances to take a nap? And his unsofisticated seat keeps him in a wake up mode. Want to hear your opinion on this.
Thanks
-Ilango P
Good query bro.

I would say - dont go by the looks of the seat bro. It is genuinely comfortable. Our Kerela's drivers are accustomed to such seats so much that they dislike the new gen seats. In our buses, we had given them the option of other seats, but they chose these seats...

Good query bro.

I would say - dont go by the looks of the seat bro. It is genuinely comfortable. Our Kerela's drivers are accustomed to such seats so much that they dislike the new gen seats. In our buses, we had given them the option of other seats, but they chose these seats...
Actually it was the looks of the seat that gave me this impression. Thanks for your answer. Do you have any vehicle / fleet tracking system installed in your buses? Wont that be of good use to you?

Thread Starter #116
Actually it was the looks of the seat that gave me this impression. Thanks for your answer. Do you have any vehicle / fleet tracking system installed in your buses? Wont that be of good use to you?
Yes, we have thought of a GPS tracking system long back, but the after sales and service issues in our area is the biggest hurdle.

Yes, we have thought of a GPS tracking system long back, but the after sales and service issues in our area is the biggest hurdle.
I don't think its necessary as your buses are made to make long distance trips and for contract purposes.

How are the buses now Raj? and what about the Stag? Think you have plans to buy another stag[confused]

Thread Starter #118
How are the buses now Raj? and what about the Stag? Think you have plans to buy another stag[confused]
The buses are doing good buddy. The Stag threw up some heavy maintainence 3 months back but that's okay since it was running pretty economically all these years.

As of now, we are not planning to add more buses as we are trying to invest money in some other business.

Good thing is, 'Aishwarya Travels' has now earned a good reputation in Allapuzha.

The buses are doing good buddy. The Stag threw up some heavy maintainence 3 months back but that's okay since it was running pretty economically all these years.
And this is the one which makes frequent trips right, so that would nullify the cost.

Good thing is, 'Aishwarya Travels' has now earned a good reputation in Allapuzha.
Good going[thumbswink]

Top Bottom