6 Cyl. Turbo + 410 NM Torque + 7 Wheels = ??? (Pics Pg.3)

Thank you raj for such a brilliant thread.
To be honest this thread happens to be the most involving one for me. I read each and every post since an hour.

Being a keralite (north kerala) i have so much liking towards these huge beast or mammoths. As they are the primary conveyance. Rather we dont call them bus but they have names. And yes these buses are not known with registration numbers but again with the names. So a typical north keralite would be almost familiar with every bus in his route,its driver, conductor, helper, the owner and also types of problem it have et al. I feel owning a bus is far more than owning a car or suv.
A bus has lots and loads of more to offer emotionally and physically. I sometimes wonder whether buses have soul :-) !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #92
Saw a duplicate Aishwarya 2 days back here in TVM. Same color combo, bit different design, same Prakash body, but 4 round headlamps, KL-5 reg, "Aishwarya" written in boring white Arial font.
I have personally seen many duplicate "Aishwaryas" in kerela!

Thank you raj for such a brilliant thread.
To be honest this thread happens to be the most involving one for me. I read each and every post since an hour.

Being a keralite (north kerala) i have so much liking towards these huge beast or mammoths. As they are the primary conveyance. Rather we dont call them bus but they have names. And yes these buses are not known with registration numbers but again with the names. So a typical north keralite would be almost familiar with every bus in his route,its driver, conductor, helper, the owner and also types of problem it have et al. I feel owning a bus is far more than owning a car or suv.
A bus has lots and loads of more to offer emotionally and physically. I sometimes wonder whether buses have soul :-) !!!!
Thanks a ton buddy. [:)]

Driving a bus is even more fun!

The color in the buses looks cool and decent to travel in.
what is the main purpose of selecting air over leaf spring suspension? is it for handling the bad roads or more comfort while cruising in highways?

Thread Starter #98
Meanwhile, running report of the buses -

Bus No. 1:

Odo reading = 45023
Expenses on maintainence from April '11 till date (fuel not included) = Rs. 37,295/-
Running cost (excluding fuel) = Rs. 0.82/km
Fuel efficiency = 3.50 to 3.75 kmpl

Bus No. 2:

Odo reading = 35120
Expenses on maintainence from April '11 till date (fuel not included) = Rs. 13,895/-
Running cost (excluding fuel) = Rs. 0.39/km
Fuel efficiency = 3.75 to 4.00 kmpl

Meanwhile, running report of the buses -

Bus No. 1:

Odo reading = 45023
Expenses on maintainence from April '11 till date (fuel not included) = Rs. 37,295/-
Running cost (excluding fuel) = Rs. 0.82/km
Fuel efficiency = 3.50 to 3.75 kmpl

Bus No. 2:

Odo reading = 35120
Expenses on maintainence from April '11 till date (fuel not included) = Rs. 13,895/-
Running cost (excluding fuel) = Rs. 0.39/km
Fuel efficiency = 3.75 to 4.00 kmpl
Great.It seems bus 2 is giving more FE figures.

How is the air suspension doing? Read somewhere it went through some problems

Top Bottom