4300K Quality HID Kit Technical Review & Install (W+Pics)

Thread Starter #286

bhvm

Honoured Member
Most OEM cars coming with HID usually have separate pods for High & Low beams. Old beemers were like that.
Also, Indian cars like XUV, Storme etc have Low projector and High Halogen pods which are best candidates for HID upgrade.
However newer cars are coming with single pods and fast start ballast. Its overall a cost cutting measure. OEM Ballast quality is better than what we can usually buy aftermarket.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Most OEM cars coming with HID usually have separate pods for High & Low beams. Old beemers were like that.
Also, Indian cars like XUV, Storme etc have Low projector and High Halogen pods which are best candidates for HID upgrade.
However newer cars are coming with single pods and fast start ballast. Its overall a cost cutting measure. OEM Ballast quality is better than what we can usually buy aftermarket.
Add TATA Nexon to that list. It too has high halogen and low projector type lightening!

Hey Buddy how you doing? I need your help with my XUV's headlight (low beam). I had the P8 HID installed in them but the ballast went kaput few days back. Now I don't want to invest too much and get a new HID as I'll be changing the car within 1 year. So can you suggest which bulbs will be the best? Or are there any good LED bulbs that will suffice.

Thread Starter #289

bhvm

Honoured Member
The best path here will be to get a pair of spare ballasts from AE. They're hardly costing 1k or so. Till then stuff your Old H7 normal bulbs.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I was just going through the Tata Tigor accessory list and found this head light bulb Xenon HID

Is this a good product worth paying that kind of money?

In the description, they say that ''Easily interchangeable with factory fitted bulb'' - does this mean no fiddling with original wiring etc. ??

Thread Starter #291

bhvm

Honoured Member
I will never recommend a 6000K Bulb Nor a 55w Spec Bulb in Stock housings. Info on Initial posts.
''Easily interchangeable with factory fitted bulb'' - does this mean no fiddling with original wiring etc. ??
This is a Big DEPENDS.
Some cars have housings/wiring which are easily visible from outside and mount bulbs without fiddling much. My 1st Gen fortuner was like that.
However today, in most cars the wiring is inside sealed beam and There is hardly any space to work around. Still you might be able to Save original wiring by making holes in dust caps etc.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thanks, well noted.
The problem is no professional workshops, especially to do these type of jobs, available in my area (many are willing to do but I am not happy with these guys). I need to take the car 40kms away to get a good work shop who are very professional in all kinds of car accessory job,

During the last service (18th of this month), I have asked the Dealers accessory guy, but they refused to do any upgradation job in the headlight (they are not doing for any model of Tata cars) as they claim to say that Tata is not approving of same (Do I have to believe him?).

Anyway, will see how it can be done. (I need to upgrade as the stock lights are not sufficient for me)

Thread Starter #293

bhvm

Honoured Member
Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars & Bikes

LED tech has come by leaps and Bounds. If you have Projector setup, I can see that Projectors can Maintain a pretty good light pattern with Slightly flawed Light Source (LED Chip vs Filament).
These LED bulb are mostly Fit & forget as they do not need Heavy Ballasts and are often a self contained units.

Hi bhvm
It's been longtime, good to read your thread here.
My seltos stock lighting is pathetic. Projectors are HB3 9005 socket type. Looking for good HID kit to upgrade
Marimoto feretrofit ruled out with their response and poor service network. Now exploring osram, genome, P8 right now.
Please post your suggestion for me including suitable watt and kelvin

Hi bhvm
It's been longtime, good to read your thread here.
My seltos stock lighting is pathetic. Projectors are HB3 9005 socket type. Looking for good HID kit to upgrade
Marimoto feretrofit ruled out with their response and poor service network. Now exploring osram, genome, P8 right now.
Please post your suggestion for me including suitable watt and kelvin
I am currently using 55w crystal eye HID 6000k. For over an year now and it's very good compared to osram's 35w HID, and super quick too.

And no issues with headlight housing, even my friends are using same in creta, innova crysta high beam & i20 Active. They have faced no issues except once 1piece Bulb and Ballaster stopped which was changed under warranty.

If you prefer buying from local market try 55w as seltos also uses same HB3 projectors, you will be impressed and no signs of any kind of damage has been noticed yet.

And regarding colour temperature choose anything around 4300-4500k it's best for all driving conditions.

Thread Starter #298

bhvm

Honoured Member
I was searching for good led head light lamps for honda amaze WHITE ( new) and i came across this product from RD overseas link:
CAR LED HEAD LIGHTS RD X500 (H4) | RD Overseas
can experts guide me on this please.
Also was looking for projector for fog lights can experts suggest
H4 should have 2 chips (Actually 4, counting each sides). For the HIGH and LOW beam respectively. I dont see that here.

Hi @bhvm
Sorry for asking of the topic question.
Recently I have installed smd led light strip on my car. They are 3 leds in one piece.It is connected with the roof light so that they lit whenever gate opens. Facing a weird problem. Some of the led stop working and some of them are flickering. They r connected in series. I have already used a 10 amp fuse also.
Kindly tell me reason and solution of not working leds.
Thanks

Top Bottom