4300K Quality HID Kit Technical Review & Install (W+Pics)

This is Seriously messed up. Check for-
1. Bulb is proper seated? Reverse bulb installed?
2. Projector alignment is faulty or has fallen from its mounts.
What do you mean by reverse bulb instal? There is a notch in which the h7 fits into. So I doubt reverse installation is the issue.
After fitting there is not vibrations or shake observed in the throw which indicates that bulb is properly seated.

Will check the alignment of projector...

Thread Starter #274

bhvm

Honoured Member
If this is an HID bulb, it will have a return wire. That wire is on bottom for my Xuv. Check that. Otherwise it will cast a funny shadow like yours.

If this is an HID bulb, it will have a return wire. That wire is on bottom for my Xuv. Check that. Otherwise it will cast a funny shadow like yours.
My Crystal Eye HID bulbs stopped working in just 5-months. 1 side of Headlight and 1 side of foglight.

What can be the reason?

Did you flick them on-off repeatedly or crank the engines with them on?
Also check the fuses.
Actually my driver drives the car mostly. But in span of 1 week, first one fog lamp bulb stopped working after that one side Headlights Ballaster stopped working.

Yes, pass light is generally even used by me or anyone else driving the car in day time.

Is the pass light is the issue for the HID?

4300k style LED replacement Bulbs.
There was a good brand on Aliexperss. Something like HLXG.
I am looking for white shade around 5500k to 6000k. As tested this 6000k HID in rains and fog but i don't have much issue with them.( Yes visibility is better in yellower shades).

I have seen many video's which says they halogen projectors are best suited for HID as HID has similar tungsten bulb pattern. Unlike LED bulbs which has different chip placement.

But if you can guide any good LED bulb which can be at par of 55w HID then please provide the link if available. As visibility on the current HID was superb. And high beam was focus oncoming traffic used to dip there beam in just 1 or 2 dipper.

Thread Starter #284

bhvm

Honoured Member
LED will not have the punch and Penetration of HID. However there are a few LEDs available which mimic the Halogen Filament. Search for CSP Philips LEDs on Aliexpress. I will still suggest 4300k LED which are hard to come by but have best results.

LED will not have the punch and Penetration of HID. However there are a few LEDs available which mimic the Halogen Filament. Search for CSP Philips LEDs on Aliexpress. I will still suggest 4300k LED which are hard to come by but have best results.
Okh thanks i will do some research on LED as well now.

Just an question came in my mind, what about the cars which have oem HID from manufacturers. (For ex. Jeep compass, Nexa Baleno pre-facelift etc)

Top Bottom