4300K Quality HID Kit Technical Review & Install (W+Pics)

Thread Starter #256

bhvm

Honoured Member
Do not go for 55w in Fog housings. The housings are small and will not take kindly to heat & UV from HID.
Generally LED are safer option for Fog housings. Or at most 35W AC HID.

Do not go for 55w in Fog housings. The housings are small and will not take kindly to heat & UV from HID.
Generally LED are safer option for Fog housings. Or at most 35W AC HID.
Ordered an 55w 5500k for headlight and 35w 5500k for foglights. Of a brand called crystal eye

But i have one confusion does installing an HID relay is needed for 55w Hid kit? As i saw one YouTube video. It said installing an relay will give added safety.

Thread Starter #258

bhvm

Honoured Member
Generally no.
Factory wiring has Inbuilt relay that handles 55W stock. You need relays if you are going 100w.
However, older or weakened relays may not handle sudden startup draw of HID systems, Then you may invest in another relay or try replacing stock ones.

Generally no.
Factory wiring has Inbuilt relay that handles 55W stock. You need relays if you are going 100w.
However, older or weakened relays may not handle sudden startup draw of HID systems, Then you may invest in another relay or try replacing stock ones.
My car is 6 months old, no in short. Can connect it directly with stock wiring? Right

Hello, the HID are delivered. And they are working fine in Headlights.

But when I installed it in fog lamps, one of the bulb started making some smoke, and buring smell and after that it went off. (I didn't installed it inside the housing as i wanted to check first and then do proper installation).
After checking the reason why hid's turned off. I found that the fog lamp fuse which is (10A) blowed off.

What to do next please help.

Thread Starter #263

bhvm

Honoured Member
10A should've been enough. But you can try upgrading to 15A fuse. BTW, if fuse blew there should not be any Smoke & Smell. Probably faulty bulb?
BTW did you check polarity before installing? As opposed to simple Halogen bulbs, HID & LED kits are Polarity sensitive.

10A should've been enough. But you can try upgrading to 15A fuse. BTW, if fuse blew there should not be any Smoke & Smell. Probably faulty bulb?
BTW did you check polarity before installing? As opposed to simple Halogen bulbs, HID & LED kits are Polarity sensitive.
NOT SO GOOD EXPERIENCE
Ordered HID through a shop seller based in Delhi, through Instagram. (Karol bagh) to be specific.
I clearly asked him for 55w 5500k for HB3 and 35W 5500K H27.
After delivery i checked the markings on the boxes, but there were no ticks on specific socket names and colour temperature. So didn't bothered much, as there were socket stickers pasted inside the box.

Installed HID in Headlights as parcel was delivered late in the evening, and i don't prefer getting any work done from any mechanic and i had knowledge to install it myself. HID in Headlights worked in single go didn't even have to reverse the sockets, after temporary fittings gone for short spin and output was mind blowing. And i was thinking myself why didn't i upgraded to HID's and what sh*t is companies providing in stock lightings.

After one day finally got spare time to open the bumper and get the HID fixed in fog lamps. But only one side started, i checked the couplers reversed it. And turned on FUSE BLOW. i thought HID was defective, changed the halogens and tried to turn on, and they weren't working, so the culprit was fuse. Again replaced the fuse with spare one supplied in car's fuse box, and another fuse blowed. So took the car to accessories shop guy and showed to him.

But what i got to know after consulting with an accessories shop guy, when fog lamps were not working. He checked and told me the HID in fog lamps are too 55w. So he suggested that Install an 15amp fuse. And it worked to my surprise. But I wasn't sure that increasing fuse capacity is safe or not?

after fitting and turned full HID's on and the guy told me that these both are 55w and 6000k. I wasn't much impressed with the seller. But light was working normal, so just asked him that why he send me both 55w. He replied 35w wasn't available in H27.

now i won't think buying these all kind of thing is an good option through delhi sellers specially.

So asked on Facebook group of i20ownersclub, that anyone installed 55w in fog lamps, there was 1 owner who was using it for 1 year has no problem with melting issues, but what was surprising was his 55w HID was working on stock 10Amp fuse.

Tried uploading the pictures of installation, and output, but looks like they are heavy images which aren't allowing me to post.

Thread Starter #265

bhvm

Honoured Member
NOT SO GOOD EXPERIENCE
Ordered HID through a shop seller based in Delhi, through Instagram. (Karol bagh) to be specific.
The reason I dont mess with offline sellers anymore
AE is better option for these things. Cheaper too
But I wasn't sure that increasing fuse capacity is safe or not?
On a pinch it will work. But its not 100% Safe. You are forcing car wires to carry more current than they are designed for.
there was 1 owner who was using it for 1 year has no problem with melting issues, but what was surprising was his 55w HID was working on stock 10Amp fuse.
It may work on a whim. Believe me, It won't last.
Fog housings are too small for 55W of heat and UV. They bubble up, melt or just fade.
but what was surprising was his 55w HID was working on stock 10Amp fuse.
Older cars generally had heavier wires than recent ones. maybe his was early gen car.

The reason I dont mess with offline sellers anymore
AE is better option for these things. Cheaper too
Yes, but there was time constraints, and searched on AE but there were brands i haven't heard off, mostly Chinese. So thought to go with indian sellers atleast they are easier to reach in case of any issues.
may work on a whim. Believe me, It won't last.
Fog housings are too small for 55W of heat and UV. They bubble up, melt or just fade.
For now i am not using the fog lamps in city limits as there is not much need, Headlights are enough, but tried using fog lamps for 2 hours continues last night, but didn't found any issue, as i know it will occur in long term, but i am thinking if it starts fading then will install an small Projector inside the fog lamp housing, it might workout.
Older cars generally had heavier wires than recent ones. maybe his was early gen car.
He has 2017 elite i20, which even i used to own, 2018 elite i20 is just an facelift. And even checked fuse boxes of both cars. Both have same fuse capacity and same.bulb spec, just desgin is different of fog lamps, i think it might be his HID takes bit less power on startup.

Driven my Car for over 400kms with HID installed. With over 200kms on highways. Performance is of course mind blowing, compared to Regular Halogens. Just for info. I am running on 55w 6000k setup in both heads and fogs. I haven't captured the pictures, as camera won't do the justice.

But the spread on highways is amazing, now the dividers are well lit and full beam is impressive.

HI there experts.I have been going over a number of articles on different forums trying to find the best option to upgrade a OEM halogen projector setup, like the one that comes with the Creta. Apologies if I sound too noobish, but is it possible to upgrade a halogen projector with just a bulb upgrade, for starters? Reason being , with new car the worry of busting the electrical warranty lingers around whenever I think of upgrading.

HI there experts.I have been going over a number of articles on different forums trying to find the best option to upgrade a OEM halogen projector setup, like the one that comes with the Creta. Apologies if I sound too noobish, but is it possible to upgrade a halogen projector with just a bulb upgrade, for starters? Reason being , with new car the worry of busting the electrical warranty lingers around whenever I think of upgrading.
I own an elite i20 2018, creta also has same specifications and Projectors just desgin is different. If you are not satisfied with the output, i am sure because i also faced same thing. I have installed 55w HID in both fog lamps and Projectors. But i won't recommend you 55w fog fog lights.

You can simply upgrade to HID it's far better than those OEM candles.

I own an elite i20 2018, creta also has same specifications and Projectors just desgin is different. If you are not satisfied with the output, i am sure because i also faced same thing. I have installed 55w HID in both fog lamps and Projectors. But i won't recommend you 55w fog fog lights.

You can simply upgrade to HID it's far better than those OEM candles.
Thank you for the information. So in case I decide to upgrade to HID's, does that mean changing the whole headlight assembly?

Top Bottom