4300K Quality HID Kit Technical Review & Install (W+Pics)

Follow me Home does not cause an issue in my XUV as engine is not being cranked with FMH ON.
Okh so i can use it FMH. Thanks
The very same HID KIT will give matched results. Check the bulb standards from your user manual. Fogs are usually H8 or H11.
And for hyundais H27.
According to my knowledge stock fog lamp is of 27w, and HID is 35w, so is it okh to install it? As i think it can burn the wiring.

Asbolutely. Any stock projectors (eg on XUV, Storme) are screaming for HID upgrade
Market it filled with various kind of hid 35w 45w and 55w. So which is the one which the stock projector can handle?

Thread Starter #242

bhvm

Honoured Member
According to my knowledge stock fog lamp is of 27w, and HID is 35w, so is it okh to install it? As i think it can burn the wiring.
No Issues.
35W lamp with 35w AC ballast is being used on my blue boy since years,
My "Blue Boy" Hyundai i10 Magna Detailed Review

Market it filled with various kind of hid 35w 45w and 55w. So which is the one which the stock projector can handle?
Always go for 35w AC Ballast with matching bulb. Don't use DC ballasts.
Do not use 45 or 55w as high UV Output will bleach the reflectors far before heat will do anything.

No Issues.
35W lamp with 35w AC ballast is being used on my blue boy since years,
My "Blue Boy" Hyundai i10 Magna Detailed Review

Always go for 35w AC Ballast with matching bulb. Don't use DC ballasts.
Do not use 45 or 55w as high UV Output will bleach the reflectors far before heat will do anything.
Ohh! I thought 55w will be good, as i was using 90/100 halogens on my previous ride, so thought 55w HID would be nice upgrade over halogens, as my friend owns a baleno alpha which comes with 35w HID but i found its high beam to be not as effective as it should be.

Thread Starter #244

bhvm

Honoured Member
found its high beam to be not as effective as it should be.
Bi-xenon projectors in most cars are low beam biased so they do not have much impressive high beam. The beam angle can be changed only so much.

The best setup is one like in XUV/ Storme which has one Separate Projector for low beam (Which stays ON during highs) and One Separate Reflector for a very punchy High beam.

here is a repost on 55w vs 35w debate.
1)As opposed to Halogen Lamps, The HID 'capsule'
does not have any filaments and hence its not
designed to Operate at a fixed power. Ballasts
decide The power that will be "pumped" into the
capsule. If you buy a 35W kit or 55W kit, Bulbs stay
the same.
2) kelvin CCT is decided by the Bulb, There are rare
earth metal halide salted added to the capsule that
decide how it will glow. However a 55w HID
ballasts heats the salts to a higher degree and
provides somewhat Whiter, washed look.
3) Yes any Bulbs and any ballasts will be
compatiable (Assuming they're automotive and 35w
or 55w ones). However its not recommended to
swap Only 1 bulbs or Mix Bulbs. As the Bulbs age,
The salts (That make white light) deteriorate and
bulbs shift their CCT towards Blue.
An age old 6000K bulb may look like 8000k at the
end of Life. Mixed bulbs will look funny on the ride
and could attract Cops etc.
4) Pumping higher wattage sure costs the Life of
Bulb. But thats still longer than you'll need. Only
TRUE 50w Bulb i've seen are the millitary spec
Philips "FATBOY" DL50. Forget about getting them
in India or anywhere else. Whatever you get in
Consumer market are just overdriven 35W bulbs.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ulb-

Bi-xenon projectors in most cars are low beam biased so they do not have much impressive high beam. The beam angle can be changed only so much.

The best setup is one like in XUV/ Storme which has one Separate Projector for low beam (Which stays ON during highs) and One Separate Reflector for a very punchy High beam.

here is a repost on 55w vs 35w debate.
What are the precautions to take, while using HID's??

Read discussion here-

4300K Quality HID Kit Technical Review & Install (W+Pics)

Follow this pattern for good life of HID.
Engine On>Infotainment ON>HID ON.
HID OFF> Infotainment OFF>Engine off.

Instruct your family and drivers for the same.
Thanks, I visited UGLARE india website, and i am wanting a bit white look(like premium cars) good vision at same time, so thought of going with 35W 5500k HB3 for Headlight , but the indian website don't have H27 with same specs.

Can you suggest any good HID brand and a place where to buy it? Which have HB3&H27 in 35w 5500k

I have Seen Some Sellers selling HID named crystal eye for 4500rs - 5000rs for a pair. Is it a good brand? I don't want any cheap Chinese bling with only show no go.

I am planning an long family trip, so want to upgrade to some good lights as soon as i can.

BTW saw tthe link you posted long time back, but it seems to be not working of that ebay seller.

EBay is no more. You can try Ali express if you have time.
I searched on ali express, but HID starting there from 500rs to 1500rs. I guess they are cheap Chinese once. I am looking for an good quality HID which has good illumination. Please suggest any specific brands.

Is LED better than HID in stock halogen projectors, as mostly i heard that, HID are better in stock projectors.

What's your opinion?

Thread Starter #254
Did some research and got the contact of one shop in delhi selling HID with Crystal Eye bulb and CN LIGHT ballast. Specs are 55w 5500k both HB3 and H27 available. And quoting 4500rs. For a pair of HID.

anyone knows how this brand is? And even the seller is ready to courier the lights.

Top Bottom