New Suzuki Alto Previewed

Thread Starter #1

Suzuki will capitalise on the extra space afforded by a few pullouts at the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show. The automaker says it plans to put up a major presence in its exhibition booth and debut automobiles, motorcycles, power-assisted bicycles, and electric wheelchairs under one roof. Its theme is "small cars for a big future".

One of the main attractions will be the new Alto Concept which from a naked eye point of view, looks like a fully-fledged production car. High on its agenda are fuel economy, low emissions, improved performance and usability. Features include a big speedometer for good legibility, simple switches, efficient storage spaces and a sizable floor-mounted gear lever. Suzuki will base the next-generation Alto on this concept.

Meanwhile the current 7th generation Alto has been on the market since December 2008. Power is from a Euro5 compliant 1.0-litre petrol engine with 50kW (68hp) of power output and 87Nm of torque. Small as it is at 3.5m long and 895kg (1,973 lbs) the Alto will not light up the skies with its performance. The 0 - 100km/h time is said to be 16 seconds.

Source: Suzuki

WHAT A CON JOB!!! (A-STAR & RITZ HASHED)

Arun

Suspended
The front is definitely of the A-star!! The Pillars clearly indicate the presence of Ritz's genes. The rear end looks so yuck! [pig]

Suzuki shouldn't be messing around with tallboy designs. Their jellybeans have been much more popular and better!! They killed the Zen and now the Alto! [cry]

I thought A-star is the next-gen Alto. Why most Maruti cars are narrow and tall and not getting attention at first sight?

And also why new Maruti cars' rear end looks like chopped?

AMG

Suspended
The rear is SUPER CUTE.
The interior is, aparently, copied from the i10.

Yukkk.. Whats wrong with Suzuki ? The current alto looks so much better.
I like the interiors of this one though.

VERY BAD!! this thing is same as a-star. neil, you stole my words. the current alto is the best. i would prefer if the interiors of the above car is put in the current gen alto. beige really looks cool though. the rear really ****s.

I somehow do not understand with Maruti's design capabilities. This looks like a mixture of A-Star, Ritz, Wagon-R and ..

Ah well forget it, I am confused.

Cheers,
Vroom

Worst car from Suzuki!

Front - A-Star

Rear Pillars - Ritz

Rear tail lamps - Leaned Swift

Interiors - cheaper replica of i10!

So which is a concept here ??

napster

Suspended
looks like ****, whats wrong with suzuki? why is it taking all such stupid models? the same interiors in the current alto with a bit more peppy engine would do the job, alto will be a hot seller if these changes are made.

I dont know why suzuki is ready to spoil all small cars with their tall boy design.

Everyone knows that tall boy design is a great flop from Suzuki & still they are trying that.

They already replaced the greater Zen with worser Estilo! (sorry estilo owners, no offences meant! just my thought)

Now the Legendary Alto is to be replaced with this stupid car ??

350Z

Core Team
You're right Vickyirs.
Now this is going to get confusing, Alto,A-Star, Pixo??
Seems like Suzuki itself lost the count of how many "avatars" of Alto it has manufactured till now!

Talking about looks of the car, Its like mix of all suzuki Models;

Exteriors: Front: A-Star + Side: Ritz + Rear: Updated Wagon-R.

Interiors: Estilo?

When I saw the interiors in image, The Gearshift grabbed my first attention which looks more like a stick of an old man.

I'm sure it will sell in good volumes like its other products, If Suzuki brings it to India to fill that remaining tiny gap between Estilo-Wagonr-Ritz, Simply Because Maruti = Better ASS+VFM+Reliable, Who cares if the car is made by collecting parts of its other siblings? After all "India Comes Home in a Maruti Suzuki!"

Drive Safe!
350Z

Top Bottom