350Z's New Avatar - 370Z Now in India!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
No, I'm not talking about updating my ID(350Z) in the forum.

This news is about the launch of Real Nissan 370Z which will make its debut next year on Delhi's Auto Expo!

Read this from IAB

IAB said:
Yesterday at the launch of the new Teana and X-Trail in Mumbai, Nissan screened a presentation prior to the launch of the cars and in that were Nissan’s products for the Indian market slated for 2009.
It had images of the new X-Trail and Teana that were revealed moments later. And it had something else
Look closely – do you see a yellow car?[:D]

We don’t know if this was a mistake or Nissan’s way of saying “People, we’re up to something.”
The Nissan 370Z is arriving later this year barring which, it assume the role of the Nissan stall’s crowd puller during the Auto Expo next year.

As being a hardcore Nissan 350Z fan, I'm really very excited about the 370Z, I won't be missing this times Expo for sure.
No doubt, Nissan 370Z looks cool but still I would still prefer the 350Z Anyday!

Great !!

Love to see 370zs running on road :)

And you guys are really lucky!

And BTW we have BMW Auto expo in chennai tommorow.

WIll try to hit & get few pics :)

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
you must be one happy guy 350Z!
but u can update your profile to 370Z since 350Z is old now!![thumbswink]
[lol!]Hehe, No type-r, I still wont change it because as I said in my previous post as well that I'm hardcore fan of 350Z, So I would pick it anyday over 370Z.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Nissan confirms 370Z launch In Jan 2010!

The news is official. Nissan Motor India has formally announced that it will be launching the 370Z in the country next month. The company will be launching the car in India through the conventional CBU route.

Speaking to the media, Suresh Rangarajan, spokesperson for Nissan, said that the 370Z will be introduced in India from January and shall be third in the series of fully imported cars launched here after the X-Trail and Teana. He also said that the company has plans to introduce a fourth model in India through the CBU route but is yet to finalise the model. He did not reveal any details about the pricing of its sports coupe.

According to Kiminobu Tokuyama, CEO and Managing Director, Nissan Motor India, Nissan has a global market share of 5.67% and targets to achieve 5.5% market share in India within 3-5 years post the launch of its upcomming plant in Chennai. He further said that the plant is expected to up and running by May 2010.

When quizzed further about how Nissan intends to utilize its Chennai plant, Tokuyama said that the facility shall initially be manufacturing premium hatchback cars in the B+ segment and shall be the hub for global sourcing. He also confirmed that Nissan has taken a decision to end production of its small car Micra at its manufacturinf facility in UK and shift its production at the upcomming Chennai plant.

Nissan is also increasing its dealership network in the country. It recently unvieled a new dealership outlet in Gujrat increasing its total count in India to nine

Source - motorids

I don't really get the point of bringing in such HIGH END cars and that too in a CBU state.

How can the normal people afford them with the current import duty structure ?

Last edited:
Ohh brand building i see. Like the Fiat 500 & Beetle [:D]

I don't really see the Brand Building cars Helping the brand to build up.

Last edited:
I don't really get the point of bringing in such HIGH END cars and that too in a CBU state.

How can the normal people afford them with the current import duty structure ?
these cars arent made for the NORMAL people
so i think it is as RSM said for image-building
like FIAT, FIAT is also launching Bravo as CBU to improve image!

these cars arent made for the NORMAL people
so i think it is as RSM said for image-building
like FIAT, FIAT is also launching Bravo as CBU to improve image!
You believe selling 10-15 370z's or making them stand in showroom really help in building the Brand ?[confused]

yea
not only me but many people think like that
even if it is gathering dust in the showroom, the people can see the car and at least get the idea that Nissan is a good brand overseas. So they can get the idea that Nissans are reliable and good!
i hope you understand what i mean

Top Bottom