2013 Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV Gets Real with New Photos

Thread Starter #1
There seems to be a lot of interest for the brand new Chevrolet Trailblaze midsize SUV that was revealed yesterday at the 2011 Dubai International Motor Show, so we decided to get a second look when we saw a fresh set of images being released and three videos, covering the interior and styling details.

The debut was made with a pre-production study that showed what the Trailblazer will look like when it goes into production in Thailand starting early next year. GM talks about it like it’s a global product and says the engine range will be adapted depending on the market. The body on frame chassis is adopted from the Chevrolet Colorado pickup and since this will be built in the US, it’s a fair bet the Trailblazer will as well.

The body on frame design makes it more capable at towing or off-roading but less so when it comes to ride comfort.

“TrailBlazer does it all. You can tow anything, go anywhere, comfortably seat seven people, and do so with the fuel efficiency associated with a smaller, less capable vehicle. It’s the complete package," said Brad Merkel, GM’s global vehicle line executive for midsize trucks and SUVs.

Source:2013 Chevrolet Trailblazer Gets Real With New Photos and Videos - autoevolution

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Glad to see a better design from GM in recent times. Otherwise, I thought the future is going to be weird. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

The Trailblazer was a popular light-truck based SUV that replaced the S-10 Blazer and has since been replaced by the Traverse crossover. Now, the Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV has been included in a National Highway Traffic Security Administration investigation into fires that can start in certain cars' doors. The investigation initially was just investigating car fires in Toyota Camry and RAV4 models.

Good to see that GM has brought some changes in their design otherwise they just have almost identical SUVs with different names.

oops i seem to have missed this thread, this suv now added to my list to evaluate but this seems to be some time away - they have emphasized on the third row being a 'proper' row which is very good. Hope they price it well.

would be keen to know how the captiva ages and its maintenance costs generally especially for ones which have done over 75K kms.

As per ACI report, Trailblazer is in the radar of GM India and expected to priced around 20 Lakh. In that case, where will Captiva go?

IMHO, it would be better for GM to let Captiva go and bet on Trailblazer to deliver. Post Fortuner, Captiva has been a sales dud and I don't expect the recent facelifts to script a turnaround. Its not very easy to revive a flop model unless its all new (ask Punto & Linea).

But Trailblazer looks muscular enough to withstand a candle against mighty Fortuner. Only if GM unleash this war soon enough !

WOW! I hope it comes soon & GM prices it at 20-21 Lacs on road, nothing more.
If they price it around 21 lakh then where would the captiva go? Until GM starts to produce Captiva locally (currently its CKD) and price it around 15 lakh, they won't be able to position Trailblazer anything under 25 lak ex-shrm,IMO.

Chevy just unveiled a facelifted Captiva at the auto expo. It is yet to hit the market. It all depends on how this new captiva performs, I guess. If it is not doing well, then Chevy could dump the model and go for Trailblazer, but considering that it would be launched globally by 2013 and with its Indian entry could be even end 2013, GM will have time to decide Captiva's fate.

If they price it around 21 lakh then where would the captiva go? Until GM starts to produce Captiva locally (currently its CKD) and price it around 15 lakh, they won't be able to position Trailblazer anything under 25 lak ex-shrm,IMO.
Exactly. Captiva should be discontinued or price reduced to 15 Lacs so that it can give Aria & XUV a tough time.

Exactly. Captiva should be discontinued or price reduced to 15 Lacs so that it can give Aria & XUV a tough time.
Captiva is a Soft-roader unibody SUV meant for better on road behaviour which is the modern trend world-wide.While on the other hand TrailBlazer is a pure BOF SUV meant for rigidity and toughness.GM replacing a modern Softie SUV with a rugged BOF pure SUV sounds little wierd to say the least.

The best thing for them would be sell TrailBlazer at 1 lac premium over Captiva, so that market base for both kind of vehicle is covered.New facelifted Captiva to take on Outlander,CRV, Santa FE etc, while Trailblazer taking on real SUVs like t-fort,endeavour,pajero-sports etc.

Doesnt matter. Who would anyways go off roading in the Captiva or Trailblazer anyways?

After all, people buy SUVs because they want a svelte SUV which oozes appeal, image & class, when compared to a sedan.

So who cares if a soft roader is replaced by an SUV? Both are considered SUVs (7 seaters) in the Indian market.

Doesnt matter. Who would anyways go off roading in the Captiva or Trailblazer anyways?

After all, people buy SUVs because they want a svelte SUV which oozes appeal, image & class, when compared to a sedan.

So who cares if a soft roader is replaced by an SUV? Both are considered SUVs (7 seaters) in the Indian market.
I politely disagree.I have seen many people buy Fortuner, Pajero and Endeavour for either heavy bad road operations or for long distance cruising to places where there are literally little to no roads.When I suggested a Captiva to such gentleman who was looking to buy Pajero he very candidly told me that Captiva is very soft for his work ,kind of "car on stilts", but Pajero being ladder chassis is the real deal.

So I think there is clear division even in 20 lakh buyers who either want SUV or X-OVER.Of course many people consider all and many buy just for status!!

Top Bottom