2012 Toyota Land Cruiser Facelift Launched

Thread Starter #1
Toyota has launched the facelifted version of Land Cruiser in India. It has a new designed front grille, headlamps with HID low beams and redesigned bumpers. The Land Cruiser seats up to eight, with three-across seating in the second and third rows.

The Toyota Land Cruiser is powered by a 4.5 litre 32 valve DOHC V8 diesel engine that produces a maximum power of 195 BHP at 3400 RPM and 650 Nm bwtween 1600 to 2600 RPM. The fuel delivery into the diesel motor takes place through a Common rail Direct Injection system unit. This engine is mated to a 6 speed automatic gearbox which sends power to al the 4 wheels via a transfer case. The Toyota Land Cruiser utilizes a TORSEN type limited slip locking center differential to distribute power at a 40:60 ratio between the front and rear wheels. The car also gets Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) as standard.

At the front, the Land Cruiser uses Double Wishbone type suspension and a 4 link type rear suspension at the rear to filter out the road undulations. The car rides on 285/60 R 18 tires and has a kerb weight ranging between 2725 to 2740kgs. The car measures 4950mm in length, 1970mm in width and 1865 mm in height with a wheelbase of 2850mm. The latest iteration of the vehicle is sure to make heads turn and though not much significant changes made to the interiors, it will surely continue to provide the tons of interior space and luxury available. The facelifted Toyota Land Cruiser will retail for Rs. 1,09,27,283/- for the VX variant and Rs. 1,24,84,681/- for the VX premium variant (all prices on-road, Mumbai).

Personally, I feel Fortuner looks better than this one. The rear looks more of station wagon than SUV.[frustration] Ofcourse I am not a fan of SUVs but surely the vehicle looks exorbitantly priced and disappointed me in design language. What say ?

Picture source - Motorbeam

Attachments

So finally Toyota has launched LC with diesel heart and a stonker mill at that.But while the pics read new LC, I can not make out what's really new in looks.Though diesel mill is really welcome, good job toyota THE X-OVER is impressed.

Really impressed with the new LC and well done on the interiors Toyota..looks awesome and this one is a real BEAST..

Not the best looking or the cheapest SUV but still, by a long way, the toughest and the most reliable SUV in the world. If this were not so, why would the rebels in Africa, Afghanistan, etc. be using this and not any other fancy American/British/German SUV for their exploits?

no i dont feel its like station wagon. i love land cruiser for everything except price..well who will buy it when you get cayenne touareg and lot more! [surprise]

Land cruiser ??? aren't they obsolete ? who buys it in India?

The diesel driven Audi Q7 4.2 TDI Quattro has a 4.2L 345bhp V8 engine with a displacement of 4134cc. This V8 engine delivers a maximum power of 200PS at 4000 rpm and a maximum torque of 760Nm at 1750 to 3000 rpm. With such a power in place the seven-seat 2,935 kg, 100 liter fuel tank capacity car delivers reasonably good average in the city and on the highways.Whereas, another diesel version, Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Quattro has a 3.0L, 229bhp, V6 TDI engine with an engine Displacement of 2967cc pumping out 232.5PS of power at 4,000 rpm besides a maximum torque of 551Nm between 1,750 to 2750 rpm. This 2,990 kilo machine has six-cylinder, four-valve engine under the hood and has the same 100 liter fuel tank capacity.Audi Q7 Price
Rs 55,65,000* - Rs 66,93,000*
Anyday bmw or an audi !!

I had got the opportunity to be this beauty at its best. One of the only ways across the Sahara, the Toyota Land Cruiser is 52 years on the road. The new 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser is just as dependable. With this year's model, the Land Cruiser never has been more powerful. The Land Cruiser's offroad prowess is still indisputable, with full-time 4-wheel drive mated to a locking center differential, and some of the best suspension on the road today.

Land Cruiser sale in India is of the following numbers. Land Cruiser is selling in decent numbers, while Land Cruiser Prado not. This is not the case in Middle East -Kuwait. Land Cruiser Prado sells in decent numbers.

cid_0000.jpg

Anyway, my ownership experience is progressing here.

Mathew, could you let us have a first hand account of wadi bashing with these vehicles, of course if you have ever been in audience at such an event.

Dunes Driving
I have not put hands on these vehicles. These are premium vehicles and cost more than double the price of an entry level Land cruiser Prado (more than 1 Crore rs). We could fetch only the entry level cruiser vehicles of Toyota. The middle, and upper class arbas have these vehicles (V8). The interesting fact is that they will not take it for off-roading. Rather, they take it for cross-country journey. Many arabs travel from country to country by road. They have to drive over night to reach the other country. They use these vehicle for long hour, high speed, continuous (no break in between) journey, with two drivers. My vehicle is also capable of 4x4, but no chance to experiment it. Vehicle manual for 4x4 off-road is in 700 pages. Not opened that manual till date. Dubai is famous for Dunes driving. We will be getting an opportunity shortly.

dune1.jpg

Dunes DrivingThe middle, and upper class arbas have these vehicles (V8).
You mean to say there are 'lower' class Arabs too:lol!:?

Just curious - how much do these vehicles retail for at your place?

Thanks for the lovely snap. Awaiting your wadi bashing report.

:lol!:?Just curious - how much do these vehicles retail for at your place?
No. 'Class' is more apt to 'Financial Capacity' in the above context. Land cruisers are costly vehicles, and very few take it for off-roading.
Just check this video. FJ Cruiser is more used for off-road skills. FJ Cruisers are half the price of Land Cruiser. Land Cruisers may cost above 1 crore in India. Imagine a vehicle of that much cost taken to off-road driving. It costs equivalent to 80Lakhs here in Kuwait. There is a 4X4 club, who provide assistance, support to off-road driving. I came to know lately, and will explore soon.
4x4 Off roading at the north of Kuwait (Part 1) - YouTube

FJ is a cool machine in itself. Thanks for the snippet Mathew. Maybe you could start a thread on the off roading culture in the Middle East with your experiences thrown into it.

Top Bottom