2006 Fiesta 1.6 SXi ABS

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

This is regarding Fiesta purchase for my Superior in office.

Background:
He realized the need of car a month back and since this will be his first car he preferred a Used one. This car will be used for next 1 year (or 2 years max) and then will be given to his parents / in-laws and switch to a new car.

Requirements:
1) Either Hatch / Sedan
2) Petrol (monthly running will be less than 500km)
3) FE: anything more than 10kmpl
4) Budget: 2 lakhs (may stretch another 50k for a well maintained one)

Choice:
1) Swift
Plenty were available in market. Even the ZXi fully loaded variants were available with a slight stretched budget. But none of them were good either in terms of performance or the body conditions.
Came across a 2005 ZXi Silver color second owner with 60k on odo. SInce that is already 2nd owner, given up.
2) i10
Perfect city car. But hard to find one within the budget.
3) Accent
Almost all the vehicle in market clocked more than 75k (at least the one which we came across)
4) Ikon
Mostly abused. Also maintenance cost?
5) Lancer
No comments. We could not find a decent lancer in market.

Somehow he is not interested in Alto / spark category.

The deal:
Last week while browsing and searching for a Used Optra magnum / Linea for myself found a Fiesta 1.6 SXi slightly more than our stretched budget. Details as follows
Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi (Fully loaded with ABS & Alloys)
2005 Dec manufactured & 2006 Jan registered
Single Owner
45k on odo (with service history)
Reason for sale:
Needs a bigger vehicle to use for his business needs, already booked Innova

Called the owner immediately and fixed appointment for this weekend (He was out of station and said will be back by this weekend only)

Test Drive & Inspection:
Reached the spot today morning 10:00am and make a short TD. Owner was very much friendly and straight forward. Here are the observations,
1) Tyres are almost bald. Needs replacement immediately (except the spare tyre which can survive for another 10k km)
2) Minor scratches here and there
3) Small dent in LH running board
4) Front bumper misaligned in LH side
5) Suspension bushes needs replacement (atleast on the LH side)
6) Rattle noise on all 4 doors
7) Engine pickup is good (compared to my NHC vtec)
8) Brakes are not impressive (may be pads / shoes replacement necessary but not in near future)
9) AC is quite efficient (owner claimed that he changes the cooling coils in last service, 4 months back)

Verified the documents and found Insurance expired 3 months back. He promised to get it renewed before delivery.

Negotiated a bit and paid 10k advance (will share the price details once paying him and get the keys in hand) Will pay the rest by next weekend and take the delivery of car.

PS: In the mean time can you guys please comment what should be the right price for this car?

Cheers

Provided that the car is infact as good as potrayed and insurance is renewed, you can offer anything between 2.2 to 2.4 lac.

Fiesta 1.6 is a drivers delight with awesomely balanced suspension. But don't expect high mileage from it, best you can get with a light foot is 11-11.5 max in the city. Also, how big is the dent on the running board? Do jack it up to see the extent of impact to the underbody too.

freakdude.

Wishing all the best your senior for shortlisting 1.6 Duratec. Nice write up dude.
I remembered reading somewhere that Ford Fiesta is the poor man’s BMW indeed this is true.
How about sharing some pic here in.
Anything below 2.5 looks good subjective few points mentioned below.
negotiate hard on these points.

Service history
Tyre condition
Suspension set up
Paint condition

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the comments guys.

how big is the dent on the running board? Do jack it up to see the extent of impact to the underbody too.
Dent is very small. Even no much damage to the paint. Didn't jacked up, just seen under the body and I couldn't figure out any impact. Will do thorough check before paying the rest.

How about sharing some pic here in
Sure, will post after paying the rest and getting the keys in hand.

Service history Complete history available
Tyre condition Almost bald, but known fact before looking at the car
Suspension set up Struts and springs are in good condition, but bushes needs replacement
Paint condition Good, except for few minor scratches here and there
Apart from the above, engine performance, clutch everything is fine. I hardly get chance to negotiate further.

Thread Starter #5
Guys, can someone post the Engine pay snap of Fiesta, I'm interested on the strut mounting portion.

My observation on this particular car is over the strut mounting, there was a metal cup like thing on one side only.

350Z

Core Team
Go ahead. He will not regret the decision of buying a Fiesta. It’s a truly a driver’s delight, not only in terms of flat out performance but also when it comes to maneuver this car in the most chaotic traffic conditions. It feels like driving a hatchback whenever I have to tackle such situation. Although this car is not reported to have major chronic issues in the long term but I would strongly recommend a thorough inspection inside out (as in case of any used car). This link might be useful: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pecting-second-hand-car-exhaustive-guide.html As far as fuel efficiency is concerned, one cannot expect small hatchback like figures in a car with big engine but it is safe enough to say that the mileage figures are still quite satisfactory in my car but however that depends upon the condition of vehicle as well as driving technique.

Guys, can someone post the Engine pay snap of Fiesta, I'm interested on the strut mounting portion. My observation on this particular car is over the strut mounting, there was a metal cup like thing on one side only.
Yup. It’s on the one side only. Here’s the image. You can find more here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-fiesta-classic-1-6-sxi-ownership-review.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
Yup. It’s on the one side only.
Thanks buddy.
Will have a thourough inspection before paying the rest. Already checked for rust in almost all hidden areas and luckily no sign of rust. Will keep this thread updated.

My mate had a 2005 Ford Fiesta ZETEC 2 door , that was fast man for small engine.

Mr Boss: Your buying a used vehicle so I'd suggest you to offer him some decent value ( not too less ) lets say if he can go 20K less will be a good bargain.
I am saying all this because I am into all this , say 4 tyres are gone - 10K gone , dints repair and paint another 10 k .

check for engine leaks , tranny ,power steering , exhaust pipe, chassis damage , check the door trims ( any rust) , check any WARNINGS on the dash.
One common problems in here with fiesta was the ABS Sign so better check that.

lets see what you got.

goodluck mate

Thread Starter #9
say 4 tyres are gone - 10K gone , dints repair and paint another 10k .
dude, 4 nos R14 tyres for 10k? impossible man. Cheapest one should cost nothing less than 3.5k / piece.

check for engine leaks , tranny ,power steering , exhaust pipe, chassis damage , check the door trims ( any rust) , check any WARNINGS on the dash.
One common problems in here with fiesta was the ABS Sign so better check that.
Checked everything and found ok. Only then given a green signal for ourchase.

dude, 4 nos R14 tyres for 10k? impossible man. Cheapest one should cost nothing less than 3.5k / piece.

Checked everything and found ok. Only then given a green signal for ourchase.
haha that was guess man for tires.

I wouldn't have a clue bro for tyres over there my car's each tyre cost about 15000 rs ( 300 dollars)

Mr Boss, do you have any car assistance there ? like people who check it for you.
up here you can get it checked from them and an online background check if car was involved in any accident using VIN number [roll]

Thread Starter #11
Mr Boss, do you have any car assistance there ? like people who check it for you.
up here you can get it checked from them and an online background check if car was involved in any accident using VIN number [roll]
Only trusted mechanic / service history could help out. No online solutions here[cry]

Thread Starter #13
Hey Mr. Boss so what's the final agreed price for the sale? Can ou post a few pics too of the car.
Yes buddy, final price agreed immediately after TD. Keeping my fingers crossed until we settle the rest and get the documents and keys in hand. Will post the snaps too (may be by next weenend)

Cheers

Only trusted mechanic / service history could help out. No online solutions here[cry]
thats crappy indian system

well yeah if you know some good mechanic take him with you
here in australia we have RACV thats looks after all this and they charge 60 bucks and they can give a report

Top Bottom