2005 Tata Indica LGi

Thread Starter #32

deville_56

Honoured Member
Good job !! The door pad is looking great..

Is that after market power windows, please share the cost..
[:)]

It's Autocop unit, installed by previous owner. Front only cost around 7k and 4 door 14k, dealers will give some "k" discount on it. There is another brand which is significantly cheaper, some 4.5k for front only. Auto rollup module adds another 1.5-2k.

Thread Starter #34

deville_56

Honoured Member
Surprise of all surprises. Did Trivandrum-Cochin and back, 453 km run in total. 31 liters filled in the morning, expecting to fill another 10 liters on return. Plus got stuck in Cochin traffic, took 1 hour 15 minutes to cover 9 km stretch, with AC running. Reached back and still enough petrol to hit reserve and mileage is 15+ kmpl [surprise]. Maintained 2-2.5k rpm, right gears. 60-80 speed, occasional 100s.

ilango[speed thirst];122308 said:
The horn pad rexin fix is perfect , superb job!
Thanku thanku

350Z

Core Team
Only issues till now, some issue with oil warning light. One day it was glowing intermittently, now it's gone.
I was having the same issue earlier and suspected reason was low brake fluid level. Filled up and it never happened again. Just check all the fluid levels under the hood.

Surprise of all surprises. Did Trivandrum-Cochin and back, 453 km run in total. 31 liters filled in the morning, expecting to fill another 10 liters on return. Plus got stuck in Cochin traffic, took 1 hour 15 minutes to cover 9 km stretch, with AC running. Reached back and still enough petrol to hit reserve and mileage is 15+ kmpl. Maintained 2-2.5k rpm, right gears. 60-80 speed, occasional 100s.
Guess, Your car realized that she’s better off being driven in your hands. :wink:

DIY wrap with art leather aka rexin. Hand stretched, no heating. Will be adding a matt black Tata logo later.
Wow. Brilliant DIY as usual. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Surprise of all surprises. Did Trivandrum-Cochin and back, 453 km run in total. 31 liters filled in the morning, expecting to fill another 10 liters on return. Plus got stuck in Cochin traffic, took 1 hour 15 minutes to cover 9 km stretch, with AC running. Reached back and still enough petrol to hit reserve and mileage is 15+ kmpl [surprise]. Maintained 2-2.5k rpm, right gears. 60-80 speed, occasional 100s.

Thanku thanku
My XETA has returned maximum mileage of 21 kmpl on one long trip.Even on average highway trips the mileage rarely drops below 16 kmpl with AC on full time, so it means that Tata has really tuned XETA engine better than that of MPFIs,btw my car has 32 bit ECU while I think yours is 16 bit unit,right?

Thread Starter #38

deville_56

Honoured Member
My XETA has returned maximum mileage of 21 kmpl on one long trip.Even on average highway trips the mileage rarely drops below 16 kmpl with AC on full time, so it means that Tata has really tuned XETA engine better than that of MPFIs,btw my car has 32 bit ECU while I think yours is 16 bit unit,right?
Yeah 16-bit petrol with Hitachi ECU. I believe Tata's first MPFi petrol.

that doesnt look like 2005 .. good condition
congrats brother
Guess, Your car realized that she’s better off being driven in your hands. :wink:

Wow. Brilliant DIY as usual. [thumbsup]
Thanku thanku.

I was having the same issue earlier and suspected reason was low brake fluid level. Filled up and it never happened again. Just check all the fluid levels under the hood.
It blinked only once, long back. Checked the fluids just before the journey, coolant level was nil. Car was overheating even with small drives. Filled up coolant and temperature gauge never went up 1/4th of the marking, most times I doubted whether it's dead [evil]

Owner's uncle heard the exhaust note and said there is exhaust leak and asked to get it welded.

Thread Starter #42

deville_56

Honoured Member
Can we get only the polk audio grill (speakers), please share the cost..

Is it available in local car accessories shops ?
Got it from accessory shop in town. They had a box of leftover grilles from in-door/in-dash speaker installations. Paid 100 for pair (same rate for any brand/any size [:D])

Thread Starter #45

deville_56

Honoured Member
Finally, the car failed and ruined because of negligence. Fully repaired and on road for a whopping 35k, including painting and new tyres.

I was asking him to get it serviced from day 1 as the car was not bought from someone we know, just a dealer who would just polish the car and sell for just profit. He never did. Then asked to do check wheel alignment, he didn't. It was 2 brand new Good Years in front when he bought the car. Had to throw away one with outer edge still new and inner edge carcass exposed. Ended up spending 6k+ for new front tyres just ignoring 250 rs's wheel alignment. Front left end was rattling and he was blaming for not fitting tyre properly, wheel alignment guy said car was unfit for use and left front suspension was moving front and back instead of up and down. Gave the car for service the same day to Auto Engineer aka Bosch Car Care. They did a great job putting back the car to pristine condition.

Will update details of job tomorrow.

Nice car and nice audio system.
Thanku thanku.

Top Bottom