2005 Tata Indica LGi

Thread Starter #16

deville_56

Honoured Member
Seat covers are original Tata accessory, so is the floor mat.
Photo3212.jpg

The 60:40 split.
Photo3225.jpg

The sturdy, easy to use seat pulls make the Maruti ones cheapos.
Photo3224.jpg

Boot lamp and provision for rear speaker in boot. I believe none of the entry level hatchbacks got them.

Photo3222.jpg

Photo3223.jpg

Installer's delight. Now I don't have to find space to fit relays. No more drilling of hard body shell [thumbsup].
Photo3221.jpg

Finally, the hood.
Photo3217.jpg

Photo3219.jpg

IMO, Indica should have been made benchmark in hatchbacks at that time. It actually screwed up all car makers. Cheap and spacious. It may not be as reliable or cheap as the Japs, not great to drive in city, but the build quality, space utilization and features were great, more VFM.

Your Indica looks clean dude,

i like your seat cover, it perfectly matching to the color of your car & the interiors are also clean.

have some long trip & post the experience with pics

Thread Starter #18

deville_56

Honoured Member
Battery is faulty. It's dead. [frustration]

Your Indica looks clean dude,

i like your seat cover, it perfectly matching to the color of your car & the interiors are also clean.

have some long trip & post the experience with pics
Seat covers are a bit faded, but still strong

Car looks in good shape, though upholstery needs some work! I like the color on this car, suits it well! [:)]
Congrats to your friend!

IMO, Indica should have been made benchmark in hatchbacks at that time. It actually screwed up all car makers. Cheap and spacious. It may not be as reliable or cheap as the Japs, not great to drive in city, but the build quality, space utilization and features were great, more VFM.
no matter what world says i like tata ars for many reasons.
build quality ,yes check the panels and body they are tough and well built like european cars.those flimsy japanese and korean cars make no stand against indica in that department.

The Interiors are neat and well maintained and the car is not showing its age. Why don't you try to speak with the dealer and get the starter motor from them instead of you paying for it? With some arguements you can get it from them!

Thread Starter #22

deville_56

Honoured Member
The Interiors are neat and well maintained and the car is not showing its age. Why don't you try to speak with the dealer and get the starter motor from them instead of you paying for it? With some arguements you can get it from them!
He got no guts for that [frustration]

Thread Starter #23

deville_56

Honoured Member
Updating after long time. This car is now being used as daily runabout, returning around 10 kmpl, he's is still in learning phase only.

Battery was dead and was replaced with the same one. Culprit was poor power window retrofitment. Beadings were too tight and 2 of them required a bit of effort to rollup and some idiot wired a rollup module at wrong point. It's supposed to roll up only when locked with remote. Instead it used to roll up even when you crank the car. Power window is full time active, unlike with ignition like OEM/decent fitment.

No other issues so far.

Can't resist saying again and again, it's a very underestimated car :D
It cruises effortlessly with full load. It never needed be revved hard.

We tried to sell it with the same dealer, he called with a sweet deal for an year old Swift ZXi for 3 lakhs :O. After test driving the car, he said final price 4.25 L. Wanted to kill him on the spot. He said its a neat single owner car (he said the same with Indica too, unfortunately we met the first owner of Indica, he was fascinated to see the car and he had very much emotional attachment with this one, he was watching the car for a long time, waited for us to park it, his eyes were telling his feeling. Point was he sold it to someone else and not the Mahindra First Choice, so we should be atlest the third owner). He showed another Alto saying very low odo reading at just 2.5L, single owner accident free. Both cars were black and accident repairs were very evident. Alto with a poor finished dent and paint job and spoiler screwed with screws from outside. Swift was a bit overdone with red logos, door handles, mirrors, fog lamap pod, interior etc, and it had body kits except the one in front. Add to the terror the ****ty dealer offered 72k for the same car we bought from him for almost double the price :X He said this much price only because we were his previous customer, else only 60s. Lesson learned: Never buy/sell car from a broker no matter whether its a branded or local. Don't fall for single owner accident free gimmick. It's all fake.

Planning to jewel up the car in a month. He don't want to sell the Indica now :)

Thread Starter #25

deville_56

Honoured Member
Congrats to your friend, I too am owner of petrol Indica and immensly happy with the car as well.
Good to see more petrol Indica owners. Spotted lots of pre-Xeta Indicas in TVM after taking this. Thought only diesel was selling in numbers.

Any long-term complaints to be taken care of??

Thread Starter #26

deville_56

Honoured Member
Started jeweling up the car. Work in progress.

ICEd today.

HU: JVC KD-525.
Front: Hertz DCX 100 4" on door.
Rear: JBL GTO949 6x9 on parcel tray.

plus
MDF parcel tray.
Autocop security system (old remote was not working properly, replacement remote 900, new unit only 2.5k)
Garware 60% tint, Charcoal black.
New seat cover (same color as old)
Door visors.
Door pad fabrics replaced by rexin, same seat color (in progress).
New steering cover.

Total 22k spent at accessory shop. Will get the split up rates tomorrow.

Mahindra First Choice liars declined power window repair as they promised at time of delivery. They asked to leave the car with them for a full day to get it repaired, took it to them, they opened the pad and the motor was missing. They washed off hands stating previous customer removed it and nothing can be done and they can arrange new motor for discounted rate, not free [frustration]. Said them, we are gonna kit up the car with lots of stuffs, when he heard alloy wheels and ICE the previosuly quoted 72k rose upto 1L+ if we are bringing the car back after 2 months [thumbsdown]. No plans to sell this one for the next 3 years. OT: Around 20 Wagon R + Santros stuck with them owing to fuel price hike.

We bought the rear RHS power window unit (3.7k) from Tata spares, plus RHS tail lamp (1.2k) and Tata repacked Bosch wiper blades (340 bucks). Search for horn switch went in vain. Broke the RHS ORVM mirror few days back. RHS replacement mirror not in stock, only duplicate. Left one was duplicate plain mirror. Ordered for as a pair. Will be getting them in a week.

Power window unit installed by the accessory guy. Wiper blades installed by me. Tail lamp will be in once the car is done up with the pending works at the accessory guy.

Gonna get the car serviced on Monday. Hearing thud sound from front LHS suspension. Window beading need to changed, power window getting stuck.

Badly need a pair of horns. Will be done if anything left after getting the car serviced.

Snaps will be added once the car is back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see more petrol Indica owners. Spotted lots of pre-Xeta Indicas in TVM after taking this. Thought only diesel was selling in numbers.
Yes we are a rare breed aren't we.[:)]

Any long-term complaints to be taken care of??
We have owned the car for almost 5 yrs now and the only complaint so far (touchwood) is rattling of the back left passenger window when the car goes through rough patches, unfortunately TASS couldn't fix my problem [frustration],everything else is fine, by the way my petrol Indica is XETA GLS Black.

Thread Starter #28

deville_56

Honoured Member
2011-11-26 13-33-11_resize.jpg

Mudflaps gone [evil]

2011-11-26 13-32-22_resize.jpg

Garware Charcoal black. My favorite shade. New door visors.

2011-11-26 13-33-49_resize.jpg

JBL GTO949 Limited Edition. 400W. GTO series always rocked. GT5 series not giving such punch even with enclosure.

2011-11-26 13-34-47_resize.jpg

Audio installation was complete let down. No dedication. They just wanted money. This is why I have been DIYing for ages. Said them not to mount on doorsand they mounted on door itself saying the tweeter touching grille and cannot be fitted on dash. I've installed them on dash with Pioneer grilles.

Door speaker got wet and making distorting noise.

2011-11-26 13-44-20_resize.jpg

Removed them and fitted them on dash. Will get grilles soon.

2011-11-26 14-40-30_resize.jpg

HU is feature rich and VFM for money. For 5.5k, USB, twin Aux (dedicated rear aux in case of a carputer :D), 2-way IPOD onnectivity, BT audio (need adaptor), plus the bling bling twin-zone customizable color (seperate color an be set for buttons and display).

2011-11-26 14-41-36_resize.jpg

yes we are a rare breed aren't we.[:)]

we have owned the car for almost 5 yrs now and the only complaint so far (touchwood) is rattling of the back left passenger window when the car goes through rough patches, unfortunately tass couldn't fix my problem [frustration],everything else is fine, by the way my petrol indica is xeta gls black.
Gonna give car tomorrow for service. Lots of rattling noise after audio install. Power windows getting stuck on windows beads.

Torque is awesome.

View attachment 34828

Mudflaps gone [evil]

View attachment 34826

Garware Charcoal black. My favorite shade. New door visors.

View attachment 34830

JBL GTO949 Limited Edition. 400W. GTO series always rocked. GT5 series not giving such punch even with enclosure.

View attachment 34831

Audio installation was complete let down. No dedication. They just wanted money. This is why I have been DIYing for ages. Said them not to mount on doorsand they mounted on door itself saying the tweeter touching grille and cannot be fitted on dash. I've installed them on dash with Pioneer grilles.

Door speaker got wet and making distorting noise.

View attachment 34833

Removed them and fitted them on dash. Will get grilles soon.

View attachment 34835

HU is feature rich and VFM for money. For 5.5k, USB, twin Aux (dedicated rear aux in case of a carputer :D), 2-way IPOD onnectivity, BT audio (need adaptor), plus the bling bling twin-zone customizable color (seperate color an be set for buttons and display).

View attachment 34837

Gonna give car tomorrow for service. Lots of rattling noise after audio install. Power windows getting stuck on windows beads.

Torque is awesome.
Yes agreed torque is awesome,also your friends Indica looks so beautiful and charming, that's why i love Italian designs they don't fade even after so many years of watching them.[:D]

My 400th post here[clap]

Thread Starter #30

deville_56

Honoured Member
Did a 400-km trip recently on this beast. Car was huzzle-free, but one of our friend reckelessly drive the car and screwed up the mileage figures. He was driving in 3rd gear and full-time AC saying car won't pull in higher gear. Mileage was around 9 kmpl with him behind the wheels. I squeezed out around 13 kmpl [evil].

Only issues till now, some issue with oil warning light. One day it was glowing intermittently, now it's gone. Next issue is thud noise from front suspension. Think suspension bushes are gone. Other than that no other issues.

New door pad inserts. Dark red would have been better, but he was insisting black. They did with wrong material. We asked for soft textured rexin, similar to the seats. I said him we can do it DIY, he refused.

2011-12-06 13-32-41.jpg

Steering cover. Black was not available there.

2011-12-06 13-32-54.jpg

New seat covers. Finish not as great as expected.

2011-12-06 13-34-28.jpg

The DIY saga begins. Custom grille out of Polk Audio grilles. Cut open the middle part to accomadate the Hertz tweeters.

2011-12-07 07-38-07.jpg

2011-12-08 12-48-17.jpg

The scratched horn button, real eyesore. No spare available.

IMG_4042.jpg

DIY wrap with art leather aka rexin. Hand stretched, no heating. Will be adding a matt black Tata logo later.

IMG_4051.jpg

PS: Still the service is pending.

Top Bottom